xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: XNA SharpNES 2nd Release - Full Speed, Save Games and Rom Navigation  (Read 602 times)

incognegro

• Archived User
XNA SharpNES 2nd Release - Full Speed, Save Games and Rom Navigation
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2007, 03:35:00 PM »

wow the xbox community has to have the most WHINERS in history! be grateful u have any homebrew at all.

luther349

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2007, 08:38:00 PM »

hahah can you say i told you so. once he got the code cleaned and optmised wala its fully working. guess the last stage is sound and menus. sound might be harder but we shall see. snes psx n64 anyone lol.

Mr Invader

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2007, 09:10:00 PM »

QUOTE(pash @ Jan 29 2007, 11:25 PM) View Post

Mmhh, what are they (MS) thinking?? That is to expensive!  grr.gif

QUOTE(Kundahli @ Jan 30 2007, 09:26 AM) View Post

Is XNA in general free? I know for this BS you need to pay 99 a year, but what about the play other homebrew? If not I am growing tired of M$'s nonsense,  grr.gif

Wow, people wont complain about 50 dollars a year for a vast collection of games to play online, they won't complain about paying $15 A MONTH to play one single video game; but they will start bitching like Hillary Clinton when they here they have to pay $100 a year to make their own games...

luther349

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2007, 10:41:00 PM »

i never companled abought the xna cost. now at the moment thers not mutch for it that would make me wanna buy a year yet. 100$ a year or 16 bucks a month isnt rely all that bad for all the homebrew you whant. so 150 a year for xna and xbl or the cost of 3 games totaly open all the doors to the 360.  its not the cost that bothers me its the lack of stuff so far but im shure that will change if they manage to port xbmc well thats instant for me but thats gonna be a hard one. and if you relly dont wana pay the fee for xna guess what you can run anything ported or made for the 360 on your pc for free. couse thats how xna works it always cross compiles.

d-range

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2007, 01:24:00 AM »

QUOTE(luther349 @ Jan 31 2007, 06:48 AM) View Post
its not the cost that bothers me its the lack of stuff so far but im shure that will change if they manage to port xbmc well thats instant for me but thats gonna be a hard one.

Not to burst your bubble or something, but trust me: there will never be an XBMC for XNA. Even if it were feasible using XNA (which it isn't), it would never, ever be allowed by MS... They're in the Media Center market themselves as well, remember?

MattyT

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2007, 09:16:00 AM »

QUOTE(d-range @ Jan 31 2007, 08:31 AM) View Post

Not to burst your bubble or something, but trust me: there will never be an XBMC for XNA. Even if it were feasible using XNA (which it isn't), it would never, ever be allowed by MS... They're in the Media Center market themselves as well, remember?

It really isnt impossible d-range. But I wouldnt expect it for a long while biggrin.gif . I wouldn't be surprised if someone was able to put together a C# Xvid player and patch it into XNA.

Davek1013

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2007, 03:05:00 PM »

I Have a problem with it.. I have no problem with micro$oft selling their little XNA dev kit.

The problem i have is with their little "Creators club" Its probably great for the coders, but for any non-coders Basically what M$ is doing is charging for content they didnt create! That is practically Robbery. I realllllly hope this gets hacked. but that might not be likely..

If microsoft allowed access for a cheaper price for the non-devs.. itd be a little better but not free.. Im GUESSING either that will happen or an XNA section will appear in the live marketplace with only MS approved games, and Someones likely gonna have to pay a fee..

Methadon

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2007, 05:52:00 PM »

QUOTE(dmitri @ Jan 30 2007, 10:58 PM) View Post

It's a sad world we live in when people think they DESERVE to play homebrew.

Why not put away your pirated Mame dvds and buy a game and support the economy for once?

-dp

Yes, we deserve to play homebrew. We don't deserve to have all homebrew free, but we do deserve to be able to run content that someone developes. If the author wishes to charge for their work, that's perfectly fine. MS charging you to play someone else's work is rediculous.  To make matters worse, it's a 'sub-homebrew' catagory with XNA. It limits what the developer has at their disposal concerning the 360 and it's hardware. As for "supporting the economy for once", perhaps you don't know that thousands of people have gotten jobs with software companies from showing their "homebrew" efforts (even from the old ROMhacking scene).

Saying we don't deserve to play homebrew is like saying MS should just always tell us what to do with their products, and we shouldn't ask questions.

PS: Many of us homebrew lovers do NOT have pirated MAME... since you so eloquently mentioned "pirated MAME" out of nowhere (NOBODY was talking about MAME), I would infer that YOU pirate MAME, mr. stone-thrower smile.gif

Thank you for attempting to burst the homebrew bubble. Please come again smile.gif
Pages: 1 [2]