xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Zx360 48k Spectrum Emulator For Xbox 360  (Read 568 times)

chedabob

• Archived User
Zx360 48k Spectrum Emulator For Xbox 360
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2007, 10:20:00 AM »

Um...I think nobody got the memo about XNA studio being for DEVELOPERS. Hence why it costs money. Visual Studio 2005 costs money, but developers dont whine about it. XNA studio is a way for indie DEVELOPERS to write games to show Microsoft what they can do with 360, without having to fork out thousands of dollars for real dev kits.

XNA studio is not for little whiney bitches to play nes games on. Its a development tool. Development tools cost money. End of.

Also, the $99 is to prevent piracy. If people could run homebrew exploits for free, everyone would do it. But if it costs money, what is the point of it?

OmegaSupreme

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2007, 02:40:00 PM »

QUOTE(1nsan3 @ Feb 12 2007, 04:25 PM) View Post

These Dev's put a hell of alot of time and there OWN money out of there OWN wallets to make all this happen for us, an all you can do is piss and whine because you are not going to pay $99.00 a year for this. Yet you will Fork out $400.00 for a gaming platform, and then anywhere from $29.99 for $59.99 for the games? Personally your just a selfish son of a bit*h. If you cant pay $99.00 a year for this then you don't deserve it. Yes someday there may be a way for free, but still support these Dev's!! Don't complain about prices, you know that m$ charges high for everything even tho we know it never meets 'our' expectations. Please tho don't come to the scene and cry about it not being free. Makes you look more and more like a damn pirate.

Ive put my 2.4322 cents in.

first off i have nothing but respect for the devs around here who do this stuff.
all i was saying was that its rediculous to pay money to make and play emulators.
the only one crying is you. i dont pay for live. i play on kai for free.
i dont have my drive chipped, i pay for my games. so dont call me a f*ckin pirate.
oh and by the way where did you come from mr 5 posts? did you get banned for being an ass
and then made another account. or is this one of many you have?
thats my "2.4322 cents"

BennyBou

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2007, 04:24:00 PM »

QUOTE(1nsan3 @ Feb 12 2007, 10:25 AM) View Post

These Dev's put a hell of alot of time and there OWN money out of there OWN wallets to make all this happen for us, an all you can do is piss and whine because you are not going to pay $99.00 a year for this. Yet you will Fork out $400.00 for a gaming platform, and then anywhere from $29.99 for $59.99 for the games? Personally your just a selfish son of a bit*h. If you cant pay $99.00 a year for this then you don't deserve it. Yes someday there may be a way for free, but still support these Dev's!! Don't complain about prices, you know that m$ charges high for everything even tho we know it never meets 'our' expectations. Please tho don't come to the scene and cry about it not being free. Makes you look more and more like a damn pirate.

Ive put my 2.4322 cents in.

First of all, your statement doesn't make sense. Yes homebrew dev's put lot of time and effort in creating emulators, games and apps, true. But the reason we are complaining is that the 99$ anual fee isn't imposed by those dev's... It's all done by Microsoft. What do dev's get from that 99$? The obligation to pay it too! So yes I am also complaining about the fact that no money goes to any of those dev's. Microsoft has created a little strategy called "I'm trying to make money from other's work". I would gladly pay 99$ a year if all of this money was going to those who deserve it, the homebrew coders but the way things are it's just giving a little more money to Microsoft.

Yes the XNA option is a great way to code apps for a different platform than the PC but hey... a Xbox1 and a modchip(or even a softmod), GP32/2X, etc. are all good too. Yes Microsoft has put a little effort in making XNA but considering the console war and the fact that PS3 owner can use their console to install Linux and create stuff on it I'd say Microsoft has only found a compromise that could satisfy some Xbox360 dev's that were thinking of changing their Xbox360 for a PS3. It's marketing and it's a way to satisfy a customer and make him stay with you instead of going to a competitor.

So when you write that we must support the dev's and that paying for the XNA subscription is a good way to do it I disagree with it. Also... keep the bad language out... that doesn't give you more credibility or superiority.

Also about that pirate suff, because you don't want to pay for something doesn't make you a pirate. I don't own a 40" plasma TV because I don't want to pay for it, on the other hand I would really like to have one free. Am I a pirate?

d-range

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2007, 10:09:00 AM »

Great, now that we have NES and ZX80 emulation without sound, I'm eagerly awaiting an XNA emulator for C64, Atari 2600 and MSX. wink.gif

Nice work though, but I'm still not holding my breath for an XNA version of XBMC or an emulator that can emulate any system less than 1000 years old.

OmegaSupreme

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2007, 10:57:00 AM »

exactly. if the devs saw any money from it then it would be cool.

Millenia1x

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2007, 02:00:00 PM »

but this is ms were talkin about so i wouldn't expect dev's to get even a pathetic refund for their works of coding art

montymole

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2007, 03:15:00 AM »

Nice work and looking forward to the next update. Are you also able to emulate the 128k spectrum where you can select 48k or 128k from the menu ?
Pages: 1 [2]