xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Video: Getting Started with the XNA Creators Club  (Read 574 times)

hwnd

• Archived User
Video: Getting Started with the XNA Creators Club
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2007, 10:00:00 AM »

QUOTE(Cixus @ Jan 18 2007, 04:19 PM) View Post

It could be possible. But since XNA, at this point, doesn't allow access to storage devices (except save games that are tied to the deployed game) the roms will have to be built into the game. Instead it could be able to load it as a data file or something like that.

There are much bigger challenges with emulation under XNA.  Performance and sound being the largest.  

And no, none of the data files you deploy to the 360 get signed or altered.

-h

poop1

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2007, 10:01:00 AM »

so i have to pay micro$oft money to play games i make ? ya right , that will happen when they start paying me to play the games i already bought ..

stezo2k

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2007, 11:07:00 AM »

Weird.... that video makes developers sound like n00bs or gives the impression that anybody could program for it

grogger13

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2007, 12:51:00 PM »

i hate xna, the idea behind it is rediculous. f#ck micr0s0ft

Tcornwall

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2007, 01:15:00 PM »

So $99 a year to play them?

SigmaXIX

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2007, 02:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(Cixus @ Jan 18 2007, 04:19 PM) View Post

It could be possible. But since XNA, at this point, doesn't allow access to storage devices (except save games that are tied to the deployed game) the roms will have to be built into the game. Instead it could be able to load it as a data file or something like that.

In FACT, that's how some emulators are made for the NintendoDS, GBA, & PSP.  The emulated ROMs are compiled into the Emulator, as a datafile, or otherwise.

Now, I think that's rather obscure that people are supposed to make programs that don't access storage devices.

If there is ANY reputable group working on bringing MAME to this XNA platform, I will donate AND buy the XNA subscription.

SD5150

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2007, 02:38:00 PM »

Its a great way to get people who would not normally have access, a chance to make products for Xbox Live. I can see a lot of highschool and college kids making games and if Microsoft likes them, they get picked up on Live as part of the Arcade, and they get a cut of the profits. Microsoft makes people pay to develop new content for them, what a great fawking business plan!

But, I do hope that other people will find new uses for this and maybe some cool things will happen in the future. XBMC would be nice, but I am partially hopeful that something like could be implemented....

ydgmms

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2007, 08:03:00 PM »

QUOTE(jizmo @ Jan 18 2007, 12:04 PM) View Post

Take it easy. Believe or not, you demanding XNA XBMC isn't exactly a novel idea. It's something that people who do not read previous posts about XNA suggest every time anything related to XNA is brought up.

Just to re-iterate it for you, you won't see XNA XBMC anytime too soon since

a] it's most likely impossible to implement decently

b] the developers aren't interested in making one and

c] paying $99 a year for it just doesn't make any sense.

Even if distribution will be possible at some point, it'll be strictly controlled by MS.

man, take the stick outta your ass. I'm not demanding anything, hell *I* didn't even post about it, I replied to a post about it. I would LIKE it, but I even said its doubtful in my very first post about the subject.  
Can't a guy dream? Damn.

1) Yeah I dont read every post about XNA, why should I? I know about roughly ZERO about coding.
2-A) Sure, ok. See 1.
3-cool.gif Thats fine, I'm sure other people may be interested in creating one.
4-C) You're right it doesn't. I never said it did. I also stated, I'm sure there will be other ways of distributing content (read: That aren't $99/yr.)

So what if its controlled by MS? As long as its all nice and legal, which is exactly what XNA is set out to be, what matter is it? The only thing I can see, is MS saying it can't play back certain hacked/illegal codecs.

Again, to reiterate, for you, remove stick from ass. Smile.

As far as what XNA can access, I have no clue.

ownagesbot

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2007, 10:02:00 AM »

If it wasn't such a damn rip off i'd make some stuff, but frankly i'm not prepared to pay. They should be greatful people want to develop games, in the long run it helps them.

digital71

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2007, 05:15:00 PM »

QUOTE(SD5150 @ Jan 18 2007, 10:45 PM) View Post

Its a great way to get people who would not normally have access, a chance to make products for Xbox Live. I can see a lot of highschool and college kids making games and if Microsoft likes them, they get picked up on Live as part of the Arcade, and they get a cut of the profits. Microsoft makes people pay to develop new content for them, what a great fawking business plan!

You mean except for the fact that it's against the law to do something like that (remember intellectual property)?

pc2099

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2007, 08:39:00 PM »

QUOTE(ownagesbot @ Jan 19 2007, 06:09 PM) View Post

If it wasn't such a damn rip off i'd make some stuff, but frankly i'm not prepared to pay. They should be greatful people want to develop games, in the long run it helps them.

Well sure thats one way to look at it, the other is 2 fold:

1) profit (makes the world go round)
2) quality controll - why would MS want every f@ckwitt coder wannabe jumping on XNA and pumping out a bunch of shyte? This way they ensure that only serious programers will join up which benefits everyone.

Its all about perspective and with this one you really have to look at it from MS point of view!
Pages: 1 [2]