xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Mame 0.72r2 Help - Can't Exit To Menu  (Read 2175 times)

jump_ace

• Archived User
Mame 0.72r2 Help - Can't Exit To Menu
« on: September 11, 2013, 09:14:00 AM »

Hey guys,

I just got a jtagged xbox with latest MAME 0.72 R2 on it, the roms play fine, however I can't seem to exit back to the main menu.  The notes say to press start+back nothing happens.  The back button is the B button yes?  I tried start+B many times, tried select+B, start and every other button....select and every other button.  What am I missing?  Does anyone have a config file that I can put in the cfg folder?

Oh and I have Freestyle 3 and when I go to the emulators section I see the all in one emulator and the mame emulator, but when I click on the mame one, nothing happens.  MAME, I believe is installed on my HDD1 under the EMU folder, how can I get it to run under the emulator window?

Thanks in advance!

Jerome

This post has been edited by jump_ace: Sep 11 2013, 04:16 PM

pc390

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 08:15:00 AM »

Hi,
It's the back button and the start button to exit a game, back to the list.
(the two small buttons either side of the large raised X in the centre of the controller.

jump_ace

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 10:57:00 AM »

Thanks for the reply!  Okay so after I plug in both of my fightsticks, (was using a standard 360 controller initally) player 2 could press back + start.  But the player 1 would only take a screenshot when you press back + start.  

I'm going to try swapping usb ports to see if that makes a difference.  I'll also try plugging in a controller as player 2 and see if the back + start works.  Very odd.

Jerome