xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Beta Xedk (1816) Question  (Read 246 times)

K3thunder

• Archived User
Beta Xedk (1816) Question
« on: September 18, 2011, 04:03:00 PM »

I believe so

demo1234

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 04:19:00 PM »

QUOTE(K3thunder @ Sep 18 2011, 06:03 PM) View Post

can you retrieve the cpu key?

The software I found to retreive those does not seem to run on my console.

Do you know any tool that would run on K:1816 ?

Thank you

gelberhase

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 05:54:00 PM »

if you open a executable ine hex editor it either says XEX1 or XEX2 in the first line, if it's XEX1 you can run it on a Beta Kit.
Good luck finding some software though, it's possible, but really hard.

There are hacked recoveries out there to recover to a flash of 1888.0 or higher, but I personally never bothered to try and get one of those recoveries (there are very few people who have legit Beta recoveries by the way).

First thing you do is backing up your Nand by the way. simply use the SPI method. You do this because as for Beta Nands you never know if you might be the only one who has 1816 (I don't now anybody else ho got this flash) and you might want to preserve this for the future. Also you never now what happens so you might need the backup for yourself.

As for the KV, you should actually have keys, pre-18XX flash versions don't have keys/have zeros as keys.

If you can get your hands on a really early SDK then you could compile your own XEX1 stuff, I think someone ported Flash360 for Beta Kits or moddo the files to work on Beta Kits, if thats actually true then you could get your Nand Dump and your keys with that, but idk if thats true. Other than that and hacked recoveries you will only find "official" stuff I guess, if you can find any tongue.gif