xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: How To Use Transcode?  (Read 993 times)

sport404

• Archived User
How To Use Transcode?
« on: May 19, 2006, 07:03:00 AM »

Any good tutorials out there on how to use transcode or mce video encoder. This is what I have been trying tell me if I am doing something wrong.

Go to a movie that I want to view, right click on it and choose more options and then pick transcode. Then I go to my xbox 360 and start the media center and is that when the video should start appearing? Basically I have everything installed, just not sure of the proper steps to get the video to display on the 360.

Thanks!

sport404

• Archived User
How To Use Transcode?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2006, 07:42:00 AM »

actually maybe I just answered my own question. Do you have to choose the transcode option from the xbox 360?? And if that is correct how do you get to those more options with the a 360 controller or are  you forced to go buy the remote control?

THanks!

Harry Paratestes

• Archived User
How To Use Transcode?
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2006, 07:57:00 AM »

You need to run "Transcode" from the 360 side. As for the remote issue, I believe you push the "Info" button on the  remote to get your options, then select "more" and it will bring you to the Transcode window. You only need the multimedia remote if you are using the extender to stream and record live television streams. The reason for this is as you may have noticed there are no number buttons on the small release remote. The only way to change channels is with the Guide, and if you have digital cable with over 200 channels it is really a pain in the ass to scroll through over 100 chanels in the guide to switch to the chanel you want to watch.

sport404

• Archived User
How To Use Transcode?
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2006, 08:10:00 AM »

The second release of the 360's didn't come with remote controls. Is there anyway to do this way the controller or am I forced to buy the remote control?

Thanks!

Also you talked about the digital cable channels. Are there cards out there that will receive those channels, I thought companies such as comcast were very strict and only their cable boxes would descramble the digital signal.

Thanks

Harry Paratestes

• Archived User
How To Use Transcode?
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2006, 10:08:00 AM »

The cable chanels are not decoded by the video card, they are decoded by the cable box. You simply set your Video capture card on chanel 3 and your cable out from the tv to the video capture card on your pc. Then you must connect the haredware to remotely change the chanels on your Cable box.

sport404

• Archived User
How To Use Transcode?
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2006, 11:00:00 AM »

What about the remote, can I still use transcode with just the xbox controller or am I forced to go buy the remtoe.
Also what is the main  benefit of running the tv through the media center?? Just to be able to record stuff?

Thanks again!

manatarms25

• Archived User
How To Use Transcode?
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2006, 08:28:00 PM »

Bump cause I am stuck here also smile.gif

manatarms25

• Archived User
How To Use Transcode?
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2006, 08:56:00 PM »

Duh..

LOL Just press X after you highlight the video, than you can choose transcode.

B.A.P.H.O.M.E.T

• Archived User
How To Use Transcode?
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2006, 02:52:00 PM »

the transcode site has a walkthrough
http://runtime360.com/projects/transcode-3...de/quick-start/

and ya the only benefit of watchin tv is u can record and pause shit

This post has been edited by B.A.P.H.O.M.E.T: Jun 12 2006, 09:53 PM