xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: XBOX360 HD-DVDRom UDF Reader v2.5 Windows XP BluePrint  (Read 731 times)

Maverick-DBZ-

• Recovered User
XBOX360 HD-DVDRom UDF Reader v2.5 Windows XP BluePrint
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2006, 09:18:00 PM »

I'm sure as of this moment some wonderful person is hard at work on some type of homebrew HD-DVD player.  muhaha.gif  If MS won't do it someone else WILL! cool.gif

I wish that person or persons the best of LUCK!  pop.gif

Questioner

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2006, 10:13:00 PM »

I have no doubt some things will be released very shortly to allow playing of hd dvds from the pc. What's more interesting is once software is made is if this cheap pc drive will lead to more "scene" releases of hd dvd movies to download. Right now, all you usually find in newsgroup binaries are hd movies ripped from tv, so not as new of releases as hd dvds.

Austin7687

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2006, 10:15:00 PM »

I'm actually wondering about some kind of compatibility with XBMC!  tongue.gif

I know it drops frames on most 720p files, but one can always hope.

assmonkey

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2006, 01:03:00 AM »

u guys know its just a hddvd drive and not a player itself.SO if u even get it working on pc , u will need a really good graphic card and cpu to push it.THe new nvidia cards support hdcp so i see it ment to be working soon on a pc but problity only with vista.

quantum29

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2006, 01:21:00 AM »

QUOTE(Questioner @ Nov 12 2006, 04:44 AM) *

I have no doubt some things will be released very shortly to allow playing of hd dvds from the pc. What's more interesting is once software is made is if this cheap pc drive will lead to more "scene" releases of hd dvd movies to download. Right now, all you usually find in newsgroup binaries are hd movies ripped from tv, so not as new of releases as hd dvds.

The codec to play the file will not be a problem it is just an MPEG2 or MPEG4 stream.
The problem is that it is encrypted was above the level that DVD's are encrypted. It will be a long time before this encryption is broken

AACS..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Access_Content_System

The Zep Man

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2006, 01:21:00 AM »

QUOTE(averian @ Nov 12 2006, 05:23 AM) View Post

Does this mean we are not far before someone rips it, encodes it with heavy compression with h.264, and fits it on a regular DVD?
No.

electronic_detailers

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2006, 03:18:00 AM »

QUOTE(averian @ Nov 12 2006, 05:23 AM) View Post

Does this mean we are not far before someone rips it, encodes it with heavy compression with h.264, and fits it on a regular DVD?

And the point of that would be what?

Xtreme360

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2006, 04:23:00 AM »

QUOTE(Questioner @ Nov 12 2006, 05:44 AM) *

I would watch out..I was banned under another name for saying something as ridiclus as this...The Mods will Start crying about you talking about scene releases and warez....

Apache14

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2006, 04:05:00 AM »

QUOTE(assmonkey @ Nov 12 2006, 07:34 AM) View Post

.SO if u even get it working on pc , u will need a really good graphic card and cpu to push it.THe new nvidia cards support hdcp so i see it ment to be working soon on a pc but problity only with vista.

most people are saying to play a HD-DVD on a pc you will need at least
- Pentium EE 840 or AMD x2 400+
- A 256mb graphics card with HDCP (DVI, HDMI connections)
- The graphics card will need hd support so avivo for ati and pure-video-hd for NVidia
- 1GB ram
- XP sp2

The recomended graphics cards are ati X1600, X1800, X1900. Nvidia 7600, 7800, 7900

fakesky

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2006, 05:36:00 AM »

Is there no one with the drive that can aquire a demo or full version of powerdvd/windvd
which supports hd-dvd?
I've got mine preordered, but it's not here until the end of the month, at best.

Someone at AVS tried nicking the drives from the standalone players, and it worked like a charm.
If you can read the disc, then there should be no problem playing it with a sanctioned player
unless some hardware or disc-specific restrictions apply.

/Per

This post has been edited by fakesky: Nov 12 2006, 01:37 PM

Questioner

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2006, 08:11:00 AM »

QUOTE(quantum29 @ Nov 12 2006, 07:52 AM) View Post

The codec to play the file will not be a problem it is just an MPEG2 or MPEG4 stream.
The problem is that it is encrypted was above the level that DVD's are encrypted. It will be a long time before this encryption is broken

AACS..

http://en.wikipedia...._Content_System

Long time? If your definition of long time is a few months (at most). I love how everytime a new encryption format is used some people expect it to last for years without being broken. The encryption may be more advanced, but so are hackers. It will not even be as difficult as coming up with a halfway practical solution for mainstream users to play backups on the 360. Far less involved when it comes to just getting the video and audio data off of media played on sp many standalone players.

quantum29

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2006, 08:20:00 AM »

QUOTE(Questioner @ Nov 12 2006, 03:18 PM) View Post

Long time? If your definition of long time is a few months (at most). I love how everytime a new encryption format is used some people expect it to last for years without being broken. The encryption may be more advanced, but so are hackers. It will not even be as difficult as coming up with a halfway practical solution for mainstream users to play backups on the 360. Far less involved when it comes to just getting the video and audio data off of media played on sp many standalone players.

According to that wiki article the author of DeCSS will have a tool available by March. I am sure the system will fall if not then but soon after.

To me though that is a long time ! but i suppose it isnt.

Steveplaya

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2006, 09:06:00 AM »

How does one get the driver(s)???

mlapaglia

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2006, 09:12:00 AM »

hmmm, i bought a copy of nero, and found some keys online which enabled it to play blu-ray and hd-dvds.. it says "Blu-ray/HD DVD Playback Plug-in" hmm.. any thoughts?

Steveplaya

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2006, 09:58:00 AM »

what would be nice is if you could somehow attach the drive and run it through a Motorola DCT box somehow......
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4