xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Best Divx To Wmv 9 Converter?  (Read 599 times)

MattyT

• Archived User
Best Divx To Wmv 9 Converter?
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2006, 04:19:00 PM »

QUOTE(NaughtyNu @ Nov 14 2006, 05:10 PM) View Post

I just tried WinAVI on some 350meg divx things I had sitting there.  The wmv's that came out of batch processing overnight look the same but they are all 850-950 megs in size.

Any way to shrink them a tad?  I used WMV9 DVD Quality and have the quality set to 90

Thats odd, Im sure I encoded DivX to DVD quality WMV, and got basically the same file size as the original (in some cases smaller, some larger). I used video cleaner pro, works a charm in Vista.  biggrin.gif

Also even though jb502 used a quad processer, I have an AMD 64bit 3400, which is nothing to be scoffed at.  biggrin.gif  I mean "2 hour movie from any format to wmv in about 10 minutes", thats phenominal  jester.gif .

jb502

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2006, 06:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(MattyT @ Nov 14 2006, 05:26 PM) *

Thats odd, Im sure I encoded DivX to DVD quality WMV, and got basically the same file size as the original (in some cases smaller, some larger). I used video cleaner pro, works a charm in Vista.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Also even though jb502 used a quad processer, I have an AMD 64bit 3400, which is nothing to be scoffed at.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)  I mean "2 hour movie from any format to wmv in about 10 minutes", thats phenominal  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/jester.gif) .

right, but surely you were not using the highest quality settings.  because if you were your filesize would be larger.  And there is no way in hell your 3400 can do it as fast as quad xeons.  yes i know amd is nice.  that is what i switched from, and i had a 3800 X2.  you must be using low quality settings.  am i right.  i was using the highest quality possible.

silentbob343

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2006, 07:10:00 PM »

@MattyT
I don't do a ton of transcoding, but 2 hours in 10 minutes seems a bit fast with no quality loss?  I used to do Mpeg-2 to divx and divx/xvid to Mpeg-2 and it took quite a long time.

Even on a Quad Core 6700 it takes 63 seconds to convert a 3 minute HD clip. On an FX-62 that same clip took 127 seconds.

This post has been edited by silentbob343: Nov 15 2006, 03:11 AM

MattyT

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2006, 03:36:00 AM »

QUOTE(silentbob343 @ Nov 15 2006, 02:17 AM) View Post

@MattyT
I don't do a ton of transcoding, but 2 hours in 10 minutes seems a bit fast with no quality loss?  I used to do Mpeg-2 to divx and divx/xvid to Mpeg-2 and it took quite a long time.

Even on a Quad Core 6700 it takes 63 seconds to convert a 3 minute HD clip. On an FX-62 that same clip took 127 seconds.

Yeah exactly, maybe Mac OS is making a better WMV encoder?  biggrin.gif

Oh and jb502, of course, like you said, four processers are better than one, but a 2 hour film in 10 minutes?! i was using video cleaner pro, encoding a DivX file into a windows media 9 WMV, 48Khz Stereo, original framerate, original size / resolution:-

Original DivX Avi: 175Mb

Output WMV file: 93.2Mb

Side by side, the quality looks exactly the same. I noticed that the WMV file takes more time to seek (in VLC at least), and also takes a couple of seconds before it pauses (but it is half the god damn size so ill shut the hell up!). Other than that, my most succesful encode yet! biggrin.gif

jb502

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2006, 05:39:00 AM »

ok, you guys are right, i made a HUGE mistake.  I am using flip4mac (a plugin for quicktime)  which allows me to encode to wmv.  I only had the trial version, wich will only encode the first 30 seconds of a video.  Last night i realized this and bought the full version.  And encoding to wmv takes a very long time.  I'll be completely honest.  I'm kinda mad it takes so long.  I started a movie last night at about 11 p.m.  it it now 7 a.m., and its not done yet.  It is at 74 percent.

BUT, i am using very high quality settings,plus i am changing the resolution to make it bigger.  So once this one gets done, i will try to do a movie with just average setting.  then i will give my time on that.  

What are your times, how long does a 2 hour movie take, and what kind of settings are you using.  Are you doing a two pass encode, or one pass.  are you keeping the resolution the same.  Mose downloaded videos if widescreen are around 596X246.  Are you keeping this, or are you making it bigger.

All these things make a HUGE differnce.  So give some more info.  Because to tell you the truth, i just got this mac pro about 1 month ago.  And i need to know how fast it is compared to a pc.

There is also one other problem i can think off.  I am encoding in a windows codec (wmv)  on a mac.  So i am kinda thinking it is not gonna be that fast.  Just like if you on your pc, tried to encode to a quicktime movie format.  It would probably take longer for you.  I can encode to h.264, which is apples quicktime codec (the best one) very fast, much faster than wmv.  Of course if xbox 360 would read more video formats, i wouldn't have to be going through all this trouble.  let me know if you can.  thanks.

MattyT

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2006, 06:30:00 AM »

1gig ram, AMD 3400 64bit, to encode a 2 hour movie took me like 3-4 hours (double pass).  sad.gif

jb502

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2006, 06:45:00 AM »

did you change the frame size at all.  or did you encode at the size it was.  And what was that size.  
was it like 600x300 or what?

pig5

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2006, 12:46:00 PM »

For divx + 5.1 ac3 converting, this one would be great. It supports WMV9/VC-1.

wme assistant, but it's a shareware.

imtoosoft

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2009, 11:24:00 PM »

together with this video converter or iPod video converter to convert videos...would be better

bad_hades

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2009, 11:18:00 AM »

can anyone get me some info on how to flash an xbox 360 elite please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3]