xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Sega Genesis Plus GX v0.98  (Read 845 times)

grogel

• Archived User
Sega Genesis Plus GX v0.98
« on: December 24, 2011, 11:47:00 PM »

This is excellent news. Any development time spent towards the emulation of my first console is good to hear.

Chan163

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2011, 05:09:00 PM »

My first console was the Coleco Vision, so where's MY emulator? biggrin.gif

It's really great that there is a growing number of libxenon software. Now the question: Is there a menu/browser to select on screen which soft to start? It's getting on my nerves to push the wanted file in the root of the stick and so on.
Also, a possibility to start different libxenon porgrams from FSD would be nice. I know, it's not necessarily, what the libxenon coders want, as they want to get away from XDK, but there are many users wanting "all of it" smile.gif

Sorry for hijacking the thread for this purpose, but I guess a lot of people will read it here, so a solution seems more probable.

Tag234

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2011, 05:38:00 PM »

QUOTE(Chan163 @ Dec 25 2011, 04:09 PM) View Post

My first console was the Coleco Vision, so where's MY emulator? biggrin.gif

It's really great that there is a growing number of libxenon software. Now the question: Is there a menu/browser to select on screen which soft to start? It's getting on my nerves to push the wanted file in the root of the stick and so on.
Also, a possibility to start different libxenon porgrams from FSD would be nice. I know, it's not necessarily, what the libxenon coders want, as they want to get away from XDK, but there are many users wanting "all of it" smile.gif

Sorry for hijacking the thread for this purpose, but I guess a lot of people will read it here, so a solution seems more probable.

ZLX-Browser will let you choose a .elf to start, but you still need to have a USB stick to load ZLX-Browser's xenon.elf from the root. I too wish there was a way to start libxenon homebrew from fsd shortcuts etc.

If you could place a xenon.elf and XellLauncher.xex file in a folder together and it loaded the .elf, it would work perrrfectly.

HotKnife420

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2011, 03:10:00 AM »

QUOTE(Chan163 @ Dec 26 2011, 06:29 AM) View Post

Tried that, didn't work...

Yes, it has to be put on a USB stick, it doesn't even work from a USB harddrive. This would improve the situation for me as I always have the USB harddrive attached.

Usb hard drives work fine - perhaps your xell isn't detecting your usb device (outdated xell, perhaps?). Try unplugging the power from the console (press power/eject once afterwards), then plug the usb in and power the console back on.

cablematrix

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 12:32:00 PM »

I need to try this out!

smile.gif