xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Rawflash v4  (Read 896 times)

mengqianke

• Archived User
Rawflash v4
« on: September 15, 2012, 11:53:00 PM »

When i flash nand of my xbox360 using rawflash v4 , it returns two errors as below:
!sfcx:bad block found at 000001BD
 block 0x1BD seems bad,status 0x00000250
 !sfcx:bad block found at 000003FF
 block 0x3FF seems bad,status 0x00000250

but when i opened my backup nand file using '360 Flash Tool', there is only one bad block info:
Note: Bad Block ID 0x1BD [Offset: 0x0072BA00]
 -> block ID 0x1BD found @ 0x3FF [Offset: 0x0107BE00]

Is the 0x3FF block really broken?
Now my 360 just freeze at the bootup logo screen and no other info pops up. but I can boot into Xell.

Is there a way to sovle this problem? anyone pls help, thx.

thesonandheir

• Archived User
Rawflash v4
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 01:17:00 PM »

cOz is the man!

danthaman673

• Archived User
Rawflash v4
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 11:23:00 PM »

COZ, ur a legend (as always) I'm surprised I didn't see ver4 in the news? Can't wait to try it at any rate.

Pity there isn't an easy way to re-format nands to different sizes at will (by also adding or removing resistor shunts etc..) and then running-over with nandpro etc.. I would love to see a Jasper running a 4gb module etc.. If anyone has any extensive info on this can they pass on a link or whatever, cheers

Thanx again Coz, this app comes in handy!   biggrin.gif

danthaman673

• Archived User
Rawflash v4
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 03:39:00 AM »

Appears I was wrong about the news? (perhaps I missread or skipped over something...)

QUOTE(steveo1978 @ Dec 13 2011, 04:09 PM) View Post

That would actually be pointless. There are already enough ways to get extra storage space for the 360 so there is no need to go through all that just to get a few extra GBs of storage

Actually, you didn't read what I wrote very carefully, I wasn't referring to 'getting a few extra gigs of storage-space' I was referring to the Nand, (and/or internal MU) which is quite different to HDD storage and can be used for other applications due to the higher access speeds and applications that can only be run well/properly/without mounting other drives/at-all from the NAND. Not to mention other applications based on making the HW smaller/shock-proof/ruggedised/run on smaller PSU for mobile applications etc..

Once the 720 is announced, we will start looking at a broader range of applications (we have started already) some may even in include stuff like robotics (given the open-source libs and kinect etc..) Some of our guys are already into doing solid-state stuff and car installs etc.. we even did one running off a back-pack with solar power mini tft screen etc and walked around with it at a gaming/comic convention as a quiet promo, Modern HDD's (now in shortage) have moving parts etc and tend to die quickly (or at least get higher error-rates) when exposed to bumps etc.,.

That's just some of the applications (without getting into storage, which can be of benefit also) It's not the size, it's how you use it ;-)

Brgds/Dan

playonlcd

• Archived User
Rawflash v4
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 10:58:00 AM »

Finnaly, this is fixed.
Was scared by so many bad blocks, and starting to write image from 0x200 above...:|