xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Gentoo Livecd Xenon Beta  (Read 1808 times)

Helliano

• Archived User
Gentoo Livecd Xenon Beta
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2007, 07:24:00 AM »

QUOTE(tx81 @ Apr 2 2007, 07:30 AM) *

yup it's easier on the pc to install a linux distro and for you FYI you can use your mouse and keyboard without having to get extra adapters or what not ... also you can install multiple OS's in a pc at the same time this is called multiboot or multiosinstalledatthesametime ...  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/jester.gif)

mouse and keyboard without an extra adapter? One of these PS3 freaks are on again....

Basic Specs for Xbox 360:

2 Memory Card Slots
1 Ethernet
1 Power Slot
1 Video Output
4 USB Ports

Fragreaver

• Archived User
Gentoo Livecd Xenon Beta
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2007, 07:05:00 AM »

Wait...1...2...3...now...where are you hiding, 4? wink.gif

BLKMGK

• Archived User
Gentoo Livecd Xenon Beta
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2007, 07:30:00 AM »

QUOTE(Deihmos @ Apr 2 2007, 01:03 AM) View Post

I wonder how many people are actually interested in this? My bet is very few...

Interested enough that I went out and bought a brand new one this Sunday for just this purpose. I've got multiple XBOX1 in my home running XBMC but have COMPLETELY ignored the 360 because the only "hacking" being done was for "backups" which is NOT what I'm interested in. The older box can do 720 but this new box is powerful enough that it ought to be able to do 1080 and it's got more memory. As soon as I saw it was hacked and that folks were pushing it further I bought it, $460 worth too. The aTV might have been easier to hack and do what I want but it's nowhere near as powerful and I *do* actually like to play games occasionally biggrin.gif

Oh and I have a 2xxxx kernel. It was a gamble and the bundle probably wasn't the best or cheapest but I now have capable hardware. I'll flash it to the right version, pop that resistor off, maybe buy an HD drive for it, and once I've figured out what danged DVD drive is in it figure out what I need to do to flash the firmware. Until now  I've had no interest in learning about the 360 but with the work CPAS and others are doing I'm all over it. I just hope that things continue this well and that MSFT doesn't get too Sony on us. I've got a hacked PSP too and it was hamstrung pretty good till Dark Alex and others popped the firmware and we could tell Sony to kiss off. Perhaps taking a page from their book and modifying the "updated" Microsoft firmware would be worthwhile to explore. Sony's was encrypted and that was reversed - I'd be surprised if Microsoft did it so much better.

Looks like you've lost the bet... pop.gif

P.S. I got a pair of wireless controllers, a recharger for at least one of them, component video cable, 20gig HD onboard, and some crappy bundled game with Bejeweled etc. on it.

Deihmos

• Archived User
Gentoo Livecd Xenon Beta
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2007, 07:51:00 AM »

QUOTE(BLKMGK @ Apr 2 2007, 08:37 AM) View Post

Interested enough that I went out and bought a brand new one this Sunday for just this purpose. I've got multiple XBOX1 in my home running XBMC but have COMPLETELY ignored the 360 because the only "hacking" being done was for "backups" which is NOT what I'm interested in. The older box can do 720 but this new box is powerful enough that it ought to be able to do 1080 and it's got more memory. As soon as I saw it was hacked and that folks were pushing it further I bought it, $460 worth too. The aTV might have been easier to hack and do what I want but it's nowhere near as powerful and I *do* actually like to play games occasionally biggrin.gif

Oh and I have a 2xxxx kernel. It was a gamble and the bundle probably wasn't the best or cheapest but I now have capable hardware. I'll flash it to the right version, pop that resistor off, maybe buy an HD drive for it, and once I've figured out what danged DVD drive is in it figure out what I need to do to flash the firmware. Until now  I've had no interest in learning about the 360 but with the work CPAS and others are doing I'm all over it. I just hope that things continue this well and that MSFT doesn't get too Sony on us. I've got a hacked PSP too and it was hamstrung pretty good till Dark Alex and others popped the firmware and we could tell Sony to kiss off. Perhaps taking a page from their book and modifying the "updated" Microsoft firmware would be worthwhile to explore. Sony's was encrypted and that was reversed - I'd be surprised if Microsoft did it so much better.

Looks like you've lost the bet... pop.gif

P.S. I got a pair of wireless controllers, a recharger for at least one of them, component video cable, 20gig HD onboard, and some crappy bundled game with Bejeweled etc. on it.

You really think many are interested in this at this point? Judging from the activity here i would say not. There are less than 10 posts from unique members. If we were really interested this thread would be on at least page 6 by now. Since the majority of us already updated to the new kernel and we are not that dumb to buy another xbox just for this.

Sonic-NKT

• Archived User
Gentoo Livecd Xenon Beta
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2007, 08:35:00 AM »

i bought a used 360 with 2558 from ebay just for this. i cant wait to use the 360 as PC and mediacenter for my HDTV. and that for only 200€.
it should arrive this week and i only have to get kingkong to get started

luther349

• Archived User
Gentoo Livecd Xenon Beta
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2007, 08:46:00 AM »

thats and most of us dont have the bulls to open are 360s. they brake way to easy as it is lol and if its warrentyed like most of ares nope im not opning it lol. there to dam expensiv to replace.  still i do hope this leads to some better mods soon enough couse a softwhere mod like this can easly be patched now its going to have to be hardware.

epsilon72

• Archived User
Gentoo Livecd Xenon Beta
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2007, 08:23:00 AM »

Video drivers! love.gif

It's getting better and better....

throwingks

• Archived User
Gentoo Livecd Xenon Beta
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2007, 08:36:00 AM »

QUOTE(epsilon72 @ Apr 2 2007, 10:30 AM) View Post

Video drivers! love.gif

It's getting better and better....

Where?

seaweed

• Archived User
Gentoo Livecd Xenon Beta
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2007, 09:18:00 AM »

No usefull video or audio drivers yet afaik.......

Not good enough to watch video anyways

Deihmos

• Archived User
Gentoo Livecd Xenon Beta
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2007, 08:45:00 AM »

QUOTE(Sonic-NKT @ Apr 2 2007, 09:06 AM) View Post

i bought a used 360 with 2558 from ebay just for this. i cant wait to use the 360 as PC and mediacenter for my HDTV. and that for only 200€.
it should arrive this week and i only have to get kingkong to get started

How would you know if it has the required firmware to do this?

noonespecial

• Archived User
Gentoo Livecd Xenon Beta
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2007, 09:34:00 AM »

Can i use an ordinary usb mouse and keyboard on this, not tried myself as i thought i would need the converter type thing from divineo.....

Just downloading the new iso now, cant wait to see the gui as i thought that was what i was expecting on the 87mb iso how wrong was i, thought i was doing something wrong lol.....

dmanjohn

• Archived User
Gentoo Livecd Xenon Beta
« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2007, 09:49:00 AM »

This is a big step forward in the homebrew scene. So this can only go forward and hopefully get some support for the Samsung.

Tomobobo

• Archived User
Gentoo Livecd Xenon Beta
« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2007, 09:57:00 AM »

QUOTE(Deihmos @ Apr 2 2007, 02:58 PM) *

You really think many are interested in this at this point? Judging from the activity here i would say not. There are less than 10 posts from unique members. If we were really interested this thread would be on at least page 6 by now. Since the majority of us already updated to the new kernel and we are not that dumb to buy another xbox just for this.

Um, I'm pretty sure everyone's excited about this.  You would be too, except you updated your dash and kernel to play the new "FPS + Aliens 9: Conflict: Regenerating Sheilds 7".  The original xbox had an awesome run with homebrew, and such that I would purchase it's following model.  The day I signed my pre-order for the 360, I was dreaming about the emulation and homebrew possibilities, now the day is finally upon us.

mlapaglia

• Archived User
Gentoo Livecd Xenon Beta
« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2007, 10:32:00 AM »

does anyone know if the samsung capability is going to be coming out, or how had it is going to be to get this compatibility? im sure if will just take some time, but any kind of update would be kick ass.

i just went out and bought the "compatible" sata-pci card, and all the required tools for opening and flashing an xbox. can't wait until this really gets going, keep up the awesome work guys.

no one interested? are you flipping kidding me? all homebrew starts out slow, and then pretty much exponentially grows from there. give it a few more months, and we'll probably be seeing the beginning of XBMC for the 360. w00t!

StrictPuppet

• Recovered User
Gentoo Livecd Xenon Beta
« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2007, 10:09:00 AM »

QUOTE(noonespecial @ Apr 2 2007, 08:05 AM) View Post

Can i use an ordinary usb mouse and keyboard on this, not tried myself as i thought i would need the converter type thing from divineo.....

Certainly.  You may need to change the keyboard layout setting though, as it was not correct for my keyboard.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6