xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 176

Author Topic: New Console Ban Wave on Xbox LIVE?  (Read 41857 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User
New Console Ban Wave on Xbox LIVE?
« on: October 30, 2009, 01:06:00 PM »

Posted by XanTium | October 30 15:06 EST | News Category: Xbox360

We're currently seeing lots of discussions on our forums (like here or here) and on IRC about console/hardware bans again, so it seems Microsoft is busy with a new Xbox LIVE console (not gamertag) ban wave atm.

Right now we don't have a lot of details, except it doesn't seem to be linked to any particular FW version or drive model, as users with all type of FWs and drives report bans, while others with the same configuration still seem fine.

Report your status in the thread below.
More details soon ...

sinner0423

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 01:14:00 PM »

Console was banned today.  I got the 'This console has been banned due to terms of use violations...." message.  I'd like to clarify for the conspiracy theorists out there :

I have never, ever, once played any game whatsoever on XBL since I bought the console brand new from a Best Buy over 2 years ago.  

The ban has absolutely nothing to do with 'playing backups on Live' so lets not even go in that direction in this thread.  I've personally never had a Gold subscription, and I'm the only person who uses my 360 in my house.  There isn't some off-chance that someone broke in my house, added a Gold subscription to my gamertag, modded my console, then played bad rips online.  So, this is all about them detecting bad rips or something similar, I imagine.

The console was always logged in to Live so I could get updates to games & DLC, however.  Oh well, I guess it's time to buy another 360.

Does anyone if console bans = gamertag bans?

This post has been edited by sinner0423: Oct 30 2009, 08:19 PM

madmab

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2009, 01:19:00 PM »

More on this later.  But I got the nice little "console is banned" message as well.  But it only seemed to occur when our one hard drive was plugged into it and not the other..

I'll experiment more later to see if I can find out..

WOlfSaviorZX

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2009, 01:20:00 PM »

Hey sinner, a console ban doesn't neccesary mean a gamertag ban. By the way it doesn't matter if you play online or not only if you are connected to live. This is kinda scary cause i modded a lot of my friends consoles latly and I hope they don't get mad if they get banned. I hope this is just for bad rips as wait a hell of long time before playing games.

ichibaka

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2009, 01:22:00 PM »

so you're saying that even legit users like sinner0423 is being banned for doing absolutely nothing wrong?

BoNg420

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2009, 01:23:00 PM »

QUOTE(sinner0423 @ Oct 30 2009, 03:14 PM) View Post

The console was always logged in to Live so I could get updates to games & DLC, however.  Oh well, I guess it's time to buy another 360.

It doesn't matter if you never played a game on live, since you are connected to Live, your box will be able to transfer info back and forth to MS.

trick91

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2009, 01:24:00 PM »

QUOTE(ichibaka @ Oct 30 2009, 08:22 PM) *

so you're saying that even legit users like sinner0423 is being banned for doing absolutely nothing wrong?

he played burned games just not online

PriesT83

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2009, 01:26:00 PM »

I wonder if this has to do with the new 250GB HDDSS.bin? Im literally sat here with a WD 250 BEVS halfway thru modding it lol, I hope it isnt this...

Achtung

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2009, 01:27:00 PM »

QUOTE(trick91 @ Oct 30 2009, 08:24 PM) View Post

he played burned games just not online

He did play online, he played them while signed into xbox live it makes no difference if you play a multiplayer game online or just play single player while logged into Live. It is exactly the same thing.

WOlfSaviorZX

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2009, 01:32:00 PM »

QUOTE(Achtung @ Oct 30 2009, 02:27 PM) View Post

He did play online, he played them while signed into xbox live it makes no difference if you play a multiplayer game online or just play single player while logged into Live. It is exactly the same thing.

Yeah unless he means he disconnected from live before ever having a disk in the box. I sure hope this is just because of bad rips. *Prays to God unsure.gif*

Xboxman20

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2009, 01:33:00 PM »

I left my Xbox Online ALL last night playing Forza 3 went to sleep, Woke up reading about the Sky TV being released and then went to my xbox tried to enjoy more of Forza/Boderlands... To my luck, Console being banned, no email, no explanation, no anything, which is stupid, I expected it would happen but I am off to mod my other xbox and turn that one into linux machine or something else, kind of dissapointed but now when I get some more cash a Modern Warfare Xbox maybe..

Who knows, I never played anything early, patched every game,  always stealth checked which is not 100% and always that chance, but oh well, You win some and lose some.  Who knows, I was also in the Beta, Twitter/Facebook/Last.FM and I am possibly suspecting due to the new beta they did some check during it for ban wave.

palivesforever

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2009, 01:36:00 PM »

i tried to sign in this morning and was informed i was banned...... funny thing is the last game i played was my RETAIL version of COD4, and thats what was still in my tray this morning. Ive been playing on XBL everyday for about 3 years with no issues. all my rips have been varified and re-varified with abgx360.

im running a Zephyr w/ iXtreme 1.6 BenQ

This post has been edited by palivesforever: Oct 30 2009, 08:38 PM

sinner0423

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2009, 01:39:00 PM »

QUOTE(ichibaka @ Oct 30 2009, 02:22 PM) View Post

I'm not a legit user, I do play backups of my games.  That's the problem.  I should've clarified that.  I am using a BenQ drive with the latest iXtreme (not the one released today, I'm pretty sure I have 1.6)

QUOTE(WOlfSaviorZX @ Oct 30 2009, 02:32 PM) View Post

Yeah unless he means he disconnected from live before ever having a disk in the box. I sure hope this is just because of bad rips. *Prays to God unsure.gif*

My console was always connected to live, but I never used multiplayer in any game.

matt_cooper_1987

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2009, 01:41:00 PM »

i dont think its the beta, as im in and happily playing the new gta online, although they do these things in stages, so im not gonna hold my breath,  
id just say good luck,
the cheap arcade option is out in the uk!

Doug8796

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2009, 01:41:00 PM »

http://codegamerx.googlepages.com/360banwave

This post has been edited by Doug8796: Oct 30 2009, 08:44 PM
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 176