xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Rumor: MS to Compensate Gold Members for LIVE Downtime?  (Read 584 times)

Scrufdog

• Archived User
Rumor: MS to Compensate Gold Members for LIVE Downtime?
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2008, 01:34:00 PM »

mine is still down. Auto login stays on a blank spinny icon screen, cancel with the x button, then it sez it logged out, then logs in, but the menus are all the offline menus. Been a few days

xboxmodder4life

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2008, 02:03:00 PM »

I'm guessing a free month of live, i've been having trouble with live and COD for almost a month

JBmtk

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2008, 01:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(Beauregardy @ Jan 1 2008, 01:41 PM) View Post

Yall dont understand, not everyone who has xbox live goes to high school. This is one of the major weeks most people get to play games, and for the servers to go down, sucks ass

yea I agree, for us college students or adults, this is one of those time of the years when doing nothing is acceptable and finally upon us

MercilessGunner

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2008, 02:23:00 PM »

QUOTE(Marrvia @ Jan 1 2008, 11:34 AM) *

How much would/should Microsoft "compensate" us really?  It's been doing this for what?  1 or 2 weeks?  $50 divided by 52 weeks in a year is 96 cents per week.  So they owe us $2 max for this problem(provided they are able to fix this now).  They own us maybe a stupid dashboard theme and picture set at best.

Wow! I see a lot of people trashing this Marrvia's post. I agree with him fully. There must be a lot of cheap bastards on this forum who are pissed about $2 worth of service. It's cool that Microsoft might comp us with something, but people need to understand the size of XBOX Live and what it takes to power it. For a cheap $4 a month service, they do an awesome job!

mercury187

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2008, 03:30:00 PM »

This is garbage, microsoft has more money than they know what to do with and they cant keep their garbage service up? I want atleast a months free service or 20$ in points. The only feature I have been waiting for them to put in somehow is group chat, i want to talk to both my friends and play cod without having to listen to people screaming into the mic and acting like tards and they will never implement this cuz their service is trash. atleast everyone can see how terrible the service is now, microsoft sucks. Must be time to get a ps3...
For those saying we're cheap bastards you are wrong, this is service we pay for, and a company as big as microsoft that decides to charge for it should have it up 24/7, and if they have problems, people SHOULD be compensated if its down for more than 24 hours, which is has been. If u offer a pay per month/year service and it goes down for a week then people need to be compensated, if not then thats terrible.

slipstream

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2008, 03:15:00 PM »

QUOTE(MercilessGunner @ Jan 1 2008, 10:23 PM) View Post

Wow! I see a lot of people trashing this Marrvia's post. I agree with him fully. There must be a lot of cheap bastards on this forum who are pissed about $2 worth of service. It's cool that Microsoft might comp us with something, but people need to understand the size of XBOX Live and what it takes to power it. For a cheap $4 a month service, they do an awesome job!

The complaining isnt about being cheap, its about getting what we pay for. When even the free PSN network runs fine, then we have a right to get a little irked when the network we PAY for (which means they have more money to keep it running smoothly) craps out for weeks in a row. Not to mention it gimps the majority of games (only reason I buy games are for LIVE, if its single-player only, then its usually just a rental).

Add this on top of the heat MS gets from the press for having the only pay-service, and its pretty clear they need to do something to help us forget this happened a little faster (and fix it).

HotKnife420

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2008, 04:09:00 PM »

My cable company charged me for a service I wasn't recieving; I asked them to fix it, and not only did they adjust my billing appropriately, but they gave me a credit for my next month. My phone company sent me a free phone when I was having trouble recieving calls. Compensation is not something forign to subscription services.

ilovecrack

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2008, 04:58:00 PM »

I agree that we should get compensated since Christmas Vacation for kids in school is usually Video Game week.  But even if we didnt, i wouldnt really complain about it.  I just know microsoft doesnt want bad PR, so I'm thinking around $5 in microsoft points is going to be around what they will give us.

luther349

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2008, 05:15:00 PM »

i agree most company's conpasate you if your having trouble with there service. they do this not because they have to but because they want you to keep using there service  sending you a 20$ free phone or crediting you for a month service is worth the cost if you stay with them for sevrel more years. its not abought how mutch you pay its abought keeping you paying.

tha754boy

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2008, 05:24:00 PM »

QUOTE(JBmtk @ Jan 1 2008, 03:18 PM) View Post

yea I agree, for us college students or adults, this is one of those time of the years when doing nothing is acceptable and finally upon us

Exactly. I had a whole week off work and couldn't get in any good gaming because of these "issues".  ph34r.gif

MysticalMagnet

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2008, 06:37:00 PM »

well almost every kid is playing these past few weeks because of winter break including me and I tried to play and couldnt so it doesnt matter to much if i dont get anything back I just hope they are making the servers better to deal with all the new traffic

HaredX

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2008, 06:45:00 PM »

Laughing @ the fact that Major Nelson has the audacity to say most of the problems have been worked out. I was on COD4 today and it was worse today than it has been all week. If anything live is getting worse.

Mhawk134

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2008, 06:31:00 PM »

Wow the first time it has problems in 5 years and everybody complains about it.  Here is an idea go play online with another system, like maybe the PS3 it has the best online service of them all. smile.gif  I've been with XBL since it first started and this is the first time that it has been having this many issues, give them time to work it out.  Or just drop your XBL service and quit complaining.  Why would they give you $20 in MS points, when it only cost like $8 a month for live?  And it has not been out all month, so maybe a $2 credit.

Hawk

dromiderry

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2008, 07:17:00 PM »

What I find really amusing is they seem to think things are "much better" and "getting there".................

Eh naw.

Things are pretty damn awful.

I have friends driving me nuts with stories of 16vs16 on ps3 with no lag and no problems. I wont be turning to the dark side just yet but ffs come on MS.

grr.gif

macaarburger

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2008, 07:41:00 PM »

i'm wondering if the players of final fantasy are having problems joinig games too, and if they're still paying monthly fees.

does anyone play that game?

those are paying even more hard cash for a should-be-free service. that would suck even more than just my total inability to find a texas holdem game...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4