xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Report: Swearing in Online Games  (Read 817 times)

LuridSpectre

• Archived User
Report: Swearing in Online Games
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2006, 04:45:00 PM »

In all honesty, what's so wrong with the word "fuck?"

It's a word.  If you say it, it does no harm physically or psychologically to another person.  It's considered vulgar by our "society" for what reason?  Because it's always been that way?  Sounds great to me.

Wikipedia's article on "Fuck" for those who are interested.

It's the same for any other "swear" word.  Do they make you sound less intelligent?  Yes, if your entire vocabulary is comprised of them... Otherwise it shouldn't matter.  Nobody should give a flying fuck.

Think of how absurd it is... there are actual, real world consequences for even uttering a word, a collection of syllables, to yourself.

The fact that people still care makes me lose a certain amount of faith in the human race.

assmonkey

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2006, 04:55:00 PM »

FUCK

The Zep Man

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2006, 05:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(LuridSpectre @ Feb 18 2006, 12:52 AM) View Post

It's considered vulgar by our "society" for what reason?  Because it's always been that way?  Sounds great to me.
Fuck that. laugh.gif

LuridSpectre

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2006, 05:08:00 PM »

Oh yes, I forgot about the "racist" words.

I'll call my black friend a nigger and he'll call me a cracker, and we're both perfectly comfortable with that, we just screw around like that.  No foul at all.  I even have a gay friend who I call a "fag" all the time.

People are just too uptight... everywhere.  I just look at it this way:

The word can be used hatefully, but most of the time online, people are just "talking smack" and having a fun time, (in this instance owning you), and it's not really being used in hate.  Listen to the tone of voice... how many people sound seriously racist?  How many people can you say are totally, sincerely hateful when they call you a nigger?  The percentage is low.

Everybody lighten up.

Joergen

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2006, 05:24:00 PM »

Ah yes, the freedoms of western democracy and human rights. Free to say whatever we want including all the awful, sinful, godforbid OMGWTFBBQ bodyparts of our disgusting bodies and free to call people names, including the heads of state and politicians, and draw funny pictures of people we dont like and publish them in magazines.

Wouldnt it be wonderful if one group of people could tell you what to say and what not to say, and then soon the same group of people could choose the kind of people they want to live with and burn the rest in huge furnaces, including people who think differently, look different or share an unwanted religion. Ah yes, the privileges of facism.

Choose or quit whining, biatch. (this aimed everybody)

Jonlisle81

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2006, 05:27:00 PM »

Oh my Gosh... people curse on xbox Live!?!?!   *gasp*

I've come to accept that xbox live is nothing more than a breeding ground for immature, profane, and possibly abused 'griefers'... who all agree that my mom's a "whorigger".

Quite frankly I'm seriously surprised that the "f*ck" count was that low. I thought it was a requirement to say it at least 6 times each matchmaking game of Halo2, (As well as no less than 3 of each of the following:
1) Owned noob!  2)No Scope biatch!1111 3) No skilled HOST!!!! ),  or they'd ban you from live.  lol

lowendfrequency

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2006, 05:27:00 PM »

I swear on XBLive occasionally, but I never swear AT anyone.  I'll shout the occasional "goddamn ass balls shit bitch!" but it will be in frustration.  I never call anyone out and start insulting them.  

Honestly, the younger players swear more often than anyone else.  It's like someone just taught them the N-word and they can't wait to try it out.

deacon187

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2006, 05:31:00 PM »

i guess all the imature assholes havent got a 360 yet since any 360 game i havent realley havent had a problem with yet, but damn if i drop in halo 2 on my 360, im in for a world of yelling screaming and swearing and the only thing you can do is mute them or talk the same shit back, and when your teammates get to not like hearing you talk the same shit back since most of the time they dont hear the person talking shit to you you just decide to mute that person, but man is it a big pain to go through the menu and mute this person and that person, i wish there was an easier way to handle this type of situation

and weather i say nigga or nigger to someone, i am not racist, i am not a racist person, to me there are white niggerrs, mexican niggers, puerto ricon nirggers, chinese, asiain, thai niggers

i just hate these 14 year old children playiong way past there bedtime( which most of the time i dont get on live till at least midnight) and these 14 year olds are still playing and all they do is swear at you

if you die and know you shouldnt have and say fuck or shit its one thing, but when theese kids say haha you piece of shit i owned your fucking mom nigger, you have no response but to respond with the same vulgar language and everything get way out of hand

ive decided to play my 360 games single player and get my gamer points vs play on live against all these dickheads an fucktards

JMan8108

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2006, 05:38:00 PM »

QUOTE(stratocaster @ Feb 17 2006, 04:51 PM) View Post

A friend and I were playing over Xbox Live and my friend got called a "Chinese Nigger."  To this day, I still get a laugh that someone actually thought that this was a valid insult.

hahhahaha my friend is actually half asian and half black....
we call him Chilack... it sounds funny as hell and makes him mad

gehx

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2006, 05:40:00 PM »

QUOTE(nectar12 @ Feb 17 2006, 05:50 PM) View Post

is this a challenge?  lets get the word "fuck" up to at least 12.33 uses per hour!  im gonna start tonight.

Damn Fucking Skippy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mick Garvey

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2006, 05:41:00 PM »

Obviously he didnt play any matches with me on Halo2.I mean the total swear words a minute for me are like 10 depending on my mood tongue.gif Notice Im in the Underground lol cause I talk so much trash!

Elusive hacker

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2006, 05:53:00 PM »

maybe he provoked the people to swear by not moving or team killing, that would certainly piss me off mad.gif

BoNg420

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2006, 06:53:00 PM »

who really cares about the swearing.  and for the racism part, I dont get why black people get so upset about the "N" word.  Its just a word.  I dont get offended when im called white trash, cracker, etc. Who really cares?  Remember the old saying "Sticks n stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me."  If you take offense to anything people say it shows a lack of self esteem.  Black people believe it or not.  You are as racist as the next man.  You hate us, like we hate you and the chinese hate you and the chinese hate us and the arabs hate the chinese and the blacks and the whites, it just goes on and on.  Nothing you can do about it, quit crying about the N word, slavery is over, its not our fault, quit crying about something that happened nearly 2 centuries ago or however long ago it was.  I hate how black people think they should be treated like kings and be compensated for slavery when it happened so long ago. Words are words get over and quit your bitching.

to make things plain and simple(on subject)
If parents dont want kids hearing these things, then they shouldnt let their kids on the net or play games that are rated mature.

jimjom

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2006, 07:17:00 PM »

I swear alot. I got warned earlier this week for swearing. Halo 2 is a mature rated game, so a little swearing should be put up with.... SO F THAT!

CAjr45

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2006, 07:33:00 PM »

one time i was in a room full of mexicans ... we need to end this.  mad.gif
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4