xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Team FSD Presents "LINK" Evolution in System Link Gaming  (Read 1628 times)

orangpelupa

• Archived User
Team FSD Presents "LINK" Evolution in System Link Gaming
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2012, 01:38:00 AM »

QUOTE(Gazc0igne @ Nov 8 2012, 07:43 PM) View Post

JTAG/RGH doesn't matter lol as long as you can run FSD everyone will be able to play together using link.

and also LINK doesnt need a client running on a PC to work.
it was stated ages ago that the new FSD renamed 'RXD' would incorporate a media player with unsupported codecs etc

not mentioned in this specific post but still public knowledge.

complete with video trailer...

something like showtime media player but support kinect voice command sounds wonderful. i've been using that on retail xbox and its good. i dont need to scream biggrin.gif

TheRealJPizzle

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2012, 05:08:00 PM »

QUOTE(Gazc0igne @ Nov 8 2012, 08:43 AM) View Post

JTAG/RGH doesn't matter lol as long as you can run FSD everyone will be able to play together using link.

it was stated ages ago that the new FSD renamed 'RXD' would incorporate a media player with unsupported codecs etc

not mentioned in this specific post but still public knowledge.

it's RxE and I don't think that was ever said by an actual team member.

themashedavenger

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2012, 10:30:00 PM »

[quote name='Gazc0igne' date='Nov 8 2012, 10:43 PM' post='1105774447062387132']

forgive me if i dont know what im talking about, ive never tried any homebrew dashes for 360...
i was under the impression u needed a jtag/rgh xbox to run the fsd, and im assuming u mean u need that to run link without the computer aswell... in witch case xkey/wasabi/modded drives cant use it...
thats wat i meant by splitting up the linkers.

NitrousXBX

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2012, 10:55:00 PM »

QUOTE(TheRealJPizzle @ Nov 9 2012, 04:08 PM) View Post

No, for sure they did! What was their name... Jigga99, he's the guy!  jester.gif

node21

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2012, 09:40:00 AM »

And now the cat's out of the bag about the good bits.  ;-)

http://www.realmodsc...k-a-sneak-peek/

Ambassadeur

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2012, 10:06:00 PM »

QUOTE(node21 @ Nov 12 2012, 05:40 PM) View Post

And now the cat's out of the bag about the good bits.  ;-)

http://www.realmodsc...k-a-sneak-peek/

Hi Guy
I need your help .I link my Jtag xbox360 to jqe360.com and My Verifying Link Settings has all Pass ,I can add friend and joy game room .Everything looks good but when I start the game my console will turn  off .
Thanks

Gazc0igne

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2012, 06:20:00 AM »

QUOTE(TheRealJPizzle @ Nov 10 2012, 12:08 AM) *

noted the typo thanks for that.

and yes it was mentioned quite a while ago, read up.

and also to themashedavenger,

system link can only be done over the internet when you remove the ping limit. ping limit only lets LAN parties work on low pings, over 35ms and its rejected.

retail systems and all the ODDE like wasabi, xkey etc cannot remove the ping limit, only RGH/JTAG can.

so you ODDE guys never could use xlink kai etc so noone is getting split, you are talking nonsense.

This post has been edited by Gazc0igne: Dec 6 2012, 02:26 PM

FrostyWolf

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2012, 11:24:00 AM »

QUOTE(JQE @ Nov 6 2012, 07:07 AM) *

I will admit we made a mistake with RxE we thought it was closer than it was when it went south.

I am sorry to everyone for that, and we did what we could with F3 to make things move forward again.

That being said, this was announced as we are going into large scale closed beta testing and would leak anyways. So should i wait for someone else to steal our thunder? no. We are sharing our news. It will be released soon, no idea when cause we can't predict what large scale testing will bring forth, i am not a large company with large rooms and people to test.

Our tests have been sensational and everything is coming together well, we are gathering users now and will be starting tests in the next few days and the goal is to continue adding people until we know its stable with large volumes and open it up.

hope this helps to move things forward.

I don't want to sound like a complete jerk, but RxE Was not the first instance of this happening.  I love your products, I probably wouldn't bother with a 360 with out them, but the whole jump the gun on announcing thing wasn't just a one time deal with you guys.

On top of that, some of you are just plan rude.  Multiple times I have asked questions (politely and grammatically correct in in the appropriate forums) when you had your own forums, only to be rudely answered (or told I wouldn't be getting a answer) buy a member of the staff.  I don't remember all of them off the top of my head, but one time it was asking about whether or not 3TB HDDS would work with the 360 when they first came out, and the response I got (from a staff member) was something along the lines of "This isn't even worth looking into or bothering with because no one would need that much space, why don't you just get rid of some of your games."  Another time it was filing a bug report, because you had both UK and US English options in the menu, but "Favorites" was spelled "Favourites" under both (at lest at the time).  The response was something along the lines of "This is not a bug, learn to spell."  Another time I was trying to explain how you could improve the load order of box art to make it LOOK like it was loading faster, by simply loading them art assets in the order that they appear in the list, instead of what ever load order you where currently using.  This first response was a very rude "Stop asking us to do this, we can't make it any faster." and then after I re-explained my self, and added how media center programs like XBMC do this to make it look like all the banners/movie posters/etc are loaded instantly, even when they are not, then next response was more along the lines of "Stop having so many games and this won't be a problem."

The list goes on.  Your teams biggest issue is you need a PR/Consulting guy, the team comes off as rude, arrogant, and having a habit of biting off more then they can chew and not following through.  Are all those things true? Probably not, but it doesn't show, and some simple filtering could do a load of good for your image.  Same thing with this whole domain name thing now.  Seriously?  Lets not even get into how you got into your current situation, but domain names and websites are not hard or expensive things to get, create and maintain.  Even if it was a matter of server load or space, you can still set up shop somewhere else (kind of like you are already doing) and point your domain name there.

Anyway, now that I'm sure you feel I'm a complete jerk, I'd still like to say I love your products when they do come out, and I hope you continue to make them in the future.

bLiGhTy

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2012, 06:33:00 AM »

QUOTE(FrostyWolf @ Dec 16 2012, 08:24 PM) View Post

Another time it was filing a bug report, because you had both UK and US English options in the menu, but "Favorites" was spelled "Favourites" under both (at lest at the time).  The response was something along the lines of "This is not a bug, learn to spell."

jester.gif

You know these guys don't have to entertain you and when you have to dig in to your pockets to use their work they might find you have a right to complain.

Kinda like walking into Mcdonalds and expecting a waiter, you only get what you pay for biggrin.gif

Guilty's_Park

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2013, 06:04:00 PM »

Would love to try Link but I can't even get FSD3 to update.. I think it's not the correct version and I require a plugin, I tried to update manually but that version would just crash

Oh well, I have XBL anyway

dokworm

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2013, 06:06:00 PM »

So, two and a half months in, how is the beta going?

Oh, apparently it has been released?
http://forum.homebre....msg332#msg332/

themashedavenger

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2013, 02:03:00 AM »

QUOTE(Gazc0igne @ Dec 6 2012, 11:20 PM) View Post

and also to themashedavenger,

system link can only be done over the internet when you remove the ping limit. ping limit only lets LAN parties work on low pings, over 35ms and its rejected.

retail systems and all the ODDE like wasabi, xkey etc cannot remove the ping limit, only RGH/JTAG can.

so you ODDE guys never could use xlink kai etc so noone is getting split, you are talking nonsense.

ok calm down smile.gif  all im trying to say is it would be nice if there was a pc program ALSO.
 then all of us non-fsd using lesser peons could join in the fun, if only with our sad worthless circle of real life friends.

Pages: 1 [2]