xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Are People Still Using Xlink?  (Read 1422 times)

Patchedgamer

• Archived User
Are People Still Using Xlink?
« on: November 02, 2010, 03:48:00 AM »

Hey all,

I've finally got round to looking at playing online with my jtagged xbox only to find that there doesn't seem like there is that many people online to actually play with (and i didnt realize how few games don't have system link)

Now i wasn't expecting xbox live numbers but i was hoping there would be a fair few active players...

So my question is, does anyone still use xlink, is there an alternative or is the only option xbox live?

Didrik

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 08:04:00 AM »

Yeah, I use it from time to time.
There's also XBConnect, works great too.

Patchedgamer

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 11:32:00 AM »

I've installed XBConnect but haven't used it, just really trying to find out which is popular as i'd like to get a few games in smile.gif

Didrik

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 05:39:00 AM »

QUOTE(Patchedgamer @ Nov 2 2010, 06:32 PM) View Post

I've installed XBConnect but haven't used it, just really trying to find out which is popular as i'd like to get a few games in smile.gif

I guess you're planning on playing Xbox 360 games? Otherwise Halo 2 is extremely popular.
Suggest you get the 30 ping limit remover patch, here. Call of Duty; Modern Warfare 2 is popular on the 360 I believe.

robbyduzit

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2010, 03:23:00 AM »

I just started to play on xlink so I can play Black Ops. The biggest match I played in so far was a 7 man FFA

Charbless

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2010, 08:48:00 AM »

jtag community is very small and its starting to die out but from what i have seen the ones that are left do use xlink to play games that support system link.

but i think the original xbox is more popular.

Patchedgamer

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2010, 06:12:00 AM »

Got the 30ms patch smile.gif And i've got hold of black ops so i'll have to see what games are about for that, Shame the other games aren't really getting played anymore!

My Gamer tag is Kamatari if anyone wants to add me smile.gif

shamrockboy

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2010, 01:55:00 PM »

My buddies and I play all the time on Xlink. I love it and have been playing on there for years. I do kinda wish there were more people playing these days, there are so man great games that it supports that are never played. Halo Reach (brand new game), Blur (Excellent racing title), L4D 1 and 2, Borderlands and a hell of a lot more great games that never see any action. MW2 and Halo 2 is pretty much it, so you better have a lot of jtag'd friends if you want to play anything else. I really don't understand why this is and has been for years, perhaps it'ts the lack of matchmaking for these games and people just don't want to sit around waiting for others to join. I think XBConnect tried something like this and probably never got used. I thought about writing some matchmaking tunneling s/w with a better UI, but just never had the time.

BrooksyX

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2010, 10:28:00 AM »

Just wait till the next release of FSD comes out. It will support xlink straight in the xbox dash kind of like xbox live.

Stoyancho

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2010, 04:50:00 PM »

I think people have to popularize this program!  http://www.secudb.de/~seuffert/xbslink/

hetster

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2010, 03:46:00 AM »

yeah i was very excited to read xlink will be incorporated into next FSD as well..

danked

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2010, 11:38:00 AM »

QUOTE(Stoyancho @ Nov 8 2010, 05:50 PM) View Post

I think people have to popularize this program!  http://www.secudb.de...uffert/xbslink/

there no one playing on xbslink either

joh123

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2012, 10:53:00 AM »

I'm fucking sad to have found out exactly what you guys say here. Xlink Kai is in the FSD now and I still didn't find anyone playing. Am I doing it wrong??

jaroc

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2012, 04:03:00 PM »

I could never get it to work, all the arenas had a "?" beside them for number of players. Did some searching online and was able to fix it, only to find out there was only like 2 arenas in TOTAL and both were private.

I feel like im still doing something wrong but I can't be bothered, I have XBL anyway.

djexentrix

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2012, 09:00:00 PM »

I've used it and play with some friends on it from time to time, but as most have said there's not a lot of people on it to begin with, plus it can be a pain to initially set up. That being said, with rgh making it possible for more people to have homebrew units and the fact that FSD will incorporate a full version, I'm hoping it will become more popular in the near future.
Pages: [1] 2