xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Ranting About Those Who Buy Jtags Purely For Modded Lobbies  (Read 725 times)

juggahax0r

• Archived User
Ranting About Those Who Buy Jtags Purely For Modded Lobbies
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2010, 09:26:00 AM »

I have actually had customers call me back and start asking me for tech support on lobbies. I just tell them you are on your own if you want to know how to cheat figure it out , it's posted all over the internet use google. One kid literally almost started crying, i almost laughed.

shamrockboy

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2010, 02:22:00 PM »

Yeah the whole MW2 lobby things really disappoints me to no end. I'm also kinda peeved that nobody seems to play on Xlink with all those jtag's currently out there. I would really like to play some MW2 for real instead of just seeing a bunch of private lobbies running. I guess nobody owns a jtag just for gaming. I'm boycotting live because of the price hike and cancelled my membership thinking I would have all the online gaming I need through Xlink, but that hasn't been the case. Oh well, maybe the integrated UI for Xlink on FSD will fix that.

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2010, 03:09:00 PM »

QUOTE(pirichios @ Aug 29 2010, 11:11 PM) View Post

I am a believer that people can do whatever they want with what they bought, but I agree a 100% with you on the opinion. I remember in the xbox one days the enthusiasm was different, it was more people giving up on xbox live to turn their xbox 1's into media centers or playing classic games on their newly modded system. However I think after 2-3 years of the xbox 360 being considered as a non homebrew friendly system (before the whole jtag thing happened) it drove a lot of the original crowd away.

On the plus side of things hopefully more cool things like fba next will come out, that emu is a powerhouse!

I just wish jtagable systems were a bit easier to find, I like playing homebrew.

that not entirely true about the xb1, i knew a lot more people who bought the most expensive chip they could find, paid someone twice again that much to install it, all so they could buy bootleg games from someone (most never even replaced the MS dash)

steveo1978

• Recovered User
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2010, 04:52:00 PM »

QUOTE(lordvader129 @ Oct 30 2010, 05:09 PM) *

that not entirely true about the xb1, i knew a lot more people who bought the most expensive chip they could find, paid someone twice again that much to install it, all so they could buy bootleg games from someone (most never even replaced the MS dash)

Also every chip I have seen as it where it can be installed so that the xbox can be boot with the chip off and some softmods allow you to dual boot.

The cheaters in those lobbies are just little spoiled kids that dont really respect anything and that are to lazy to work for anything.

x Yo1nK x

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2020, 12:29:00 AM »

i bought mine although im fully able to jtag a system myself, its just a matter of laziness mixed with apathy.
all i wanted was emulators snes and genesis. and im really curious to see what happens with the PS1 emulator

shamrockboy

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2010, 11:41:00 AM »

QUOTE(steveo1978 @ Oct 30 2010, 11:52 PM) View Post

The cheaters in those lobbies are just little spoiled kids that dont really respect anything and that are to lazy to work for anything.

I totally agree. Gimme Gimme Gimme!!! That's all you ever hear. They think everything will just be handed to them cause they grew up with a silver spoon in their mouth. It's one thing to leech off of others with no contribution and keep quiet, but it's another when you wine and cry about it because your not getting enough. It's kinda sad watching the scene go the way of baby's and lazy MOFO's that don't want to get job's. I miss the day's when it was all about the fun.

ZprivateZ

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2020, 06:42:00 PM »

Yes a sad day indeed without Freeboot being continued because of the cheaters and how they got outta hand with the lobbies. Also means this will possibly end all the great stuff we have seen to date like Freestyle Dash, XM360, Xexmenu just to name a few. All we can do now is give thanks to all the people out there that made what we do have now, and for the time and effort they put in to it all, also enjoy it for as long as it last until we can continue no more without updates. Thanks to all who have given us their best your work doesn't go unappreciated despite what the cheaters have done to ruin things for everyone one.

DJay360

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2010, 04:48:00 AM »

Completely agree with everything on here really.

<RANT>

I love homebrew for all that makes it great. But every JTAG I have put up for sale has had, what sound like, an 8 year old little chav that has absolutely no idea about the privilege and what an honor it is to have such a rare item.

Besides the fact they can't be bothered to learn and do the project themselves, which I think it half the fun, they then want you to add HDD, install apps, customise COD files FOR THEM and include them in the sale and then they don't even know how to run the lobbies! I actually offered to buy one back off one little prick because he asked me to explain the WHOLE process of lobby hosting after he received the console! Do these knob-eyes just hear about it on the playground, ask mummy n daddy for a load of money and expect everything handed to them?! One lad rang and just said this "I got 200 quid off me mum for a JTAG and I want everything required to do lobbies", to which I just put the phone down.

It got to the point where I didn't even care about making money from selling JTAGs and now I have them piled up ready to sell only to grateful people who see my JTAG and are interested in homebrew. There are plenty of enthusiasts out there like us but they cant get their hands on the JTAGs OR the info because the little faggots have bought and banned all the KVs and if they do look for JTAG info all they get is "MW2 LOBBIES PRESTIGE $9.99" crap everywhere.

I hate them. They are destroying the JTAG scene, its reputation, XLink numbers and the chance for other genuine fans of homebrew to get involved. I hate them all.

</RANT>

On a lighter note anyone who is in the UK and will treat one of my JTAG babies rightly I have some for sale biggrin.gif
Pages: 1 [2]