xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Ranting About Those Who Buy Jtags Purely For Modded Lobbies  (Read 717 times)

soulwarrior

• Archived User
Ranting About Those Who Buy Jtags Purely For Modded Lobbies
« on: August 29, 2010, 11:47:00 PM »

I posted this on another forum but I figured I'd post it here too:

I don't mean to act holier than thou about this, but man it's depressing to realize how many people bought jtags and/or jtagged it themselves, simply to do cod lobbies. I didn't realize how bad it was until the ping patch came out and then xlink started to pick up. So many people have no idea how to do even the simple things like using xellous, how to create a freeboot image, and even what knowing what the root of a drive is. I keep finding myself saying in my mind, "freakin A, did you really waste your money buying a jtagged system just for call of duty?" I say buying because more often than not, people who get jtags for this purpose don't usually jtag it themselves. Jtags have so much more to offer than cod lobbies and it's really depressing to see them going to waste. I say waste because once access to kv's dwindles (there are hundreds of thousands to a few million jtaggable consoles spread through the world that will never be jtagged), these jtagged 360 will end up collecting dust because the owner doesn't know its true potential. I guess it's not my money, so who am I to judge right?

pirichios

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 12:11:00 AM »

I am a believer that people can do whatever they want with what they bought, but I agree a 100% with you on the opinion. I remember in the xbox one days the enthusiasm was different, it was more people giving up on xbox live to turn their xbox 1's into media centers or playing classic games on their newly modded system. However I think after 2-3 years of the xbox 360 being considered as a non homebrew friendly system (before the whole jtag thing happened) it drove a lot of the original crowd away.

On the plus side of things hopefully more cool things like fba next will come out, that emu is a powerhouse!

I just wish jtagable systems were a bit easier to find, I like playing homebrew.

This post has been edited by pirichios: Aug 30 2010, 07:13 AM

bucko

• Recovered User
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 03:25:00 AM »

although I nearly considered closing this I moved it to a more appropriate place, but asking for any help on Halo/Cod moding is against the forums rules...just a reminder.

Some people do find it difficult to solder though, so not everyone buys one just for COD. I found it hard and now a guy on here is doing it for me since apparently my NAND locked up and I never even read the thing (flash controller not detected) so it's not always easy.

I see it a lot on Live...rather glad they are on XLINK Kai most of them I just report/file a complaint against them on Live. You can just tell even when people laugh at you at the end of the match and they have like 30+ kills with no deaths and I just report them and leave the lobby..totally unfair but I think now I filtered sooo many I am noticing an improvement and now I'm halfway to prestige two it's better.

RRODXbox

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 04:00:00 AM »

I think the problem is with Xbox 1 VS Xbox 360 is back then there was less people with PC's and less wannabe hacker type kiddies making tutorials and trying to make a quick buck.

Also now that everything is copypasta across all sites the info is more easily acessed compared to Xbox 1 days.

soulwarrior

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2010, 06:21:00 AM »

QUOTE(bucko @ Aug 30 2010, 05:25 AM) View Post

although I nearly considered closing this I moved it to a more appropriate place, but asking for any help on Halo/Cod moding is against the forums rules...just a reminder.

Some people do find it difficult to solder though, so not everyone buys one just for COD. I found it hard and now a guy on here is doing it for me since apparently my NAND locked up and I never even read the thing (flash controller not detected) so it's not always easy.

I see it a lot on Live...rather glad they are on XLINK Kai most of them I just report/file a complaint against them on Live. You can just tell even when people laugh at you at the end of the match and they have like 30+ kills with no deaths and I just report them and leave the lobby..totally unfair but I think now I filtered sooo many I am noticing an improvement and now I'm halfway to prestige two it's better.

I'm not saying everyone who buys a jtag does so because of COD. I'm saying I think it's a waste if that's the only reason why you do.

Jimbobjoeyman

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2010, 08:38:00 AM »

QUOTE(soulwarrior @ Aug 30 2010, 01:21 PM) View Post

I'm not saying everyone who buys a jtag does so because of COD. I'm saying I think it's a waste if that's the only reason why you do.

true if all they do is jtag lobbies the console could have gone to someone who would have done something usefull port of xbmc hint hint anyone wink.gif
but when it comes down to it its thier money and thier console and they can do what ever the hell they want with it its like giving out about the number of banned consoles in the world and complaining because there is only about 6 people on x link in your area

soulwarrior

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2010, 08:52:00 AM »

QUOTE(Jimbobjoeyman @ Aug 30 2010, 10:38 AM) View Post

complaining because there is only about 6 people on x link in your area

That's what the ping patch is for friend. I should state: i don't care about the fact that consoles get banned, I'm only talking about the fact that users who only have jtagged systems for cod lobbies might not know the true potential of what a jtag can do.

BoNg420

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2010, 08:53:00 AM »

QUOTE(soulwarrior @ Aug 30 2010, 08:21 AM) View Post

I think people just don't buy them to do it to themselves, but to do it for others so they can profit.  I have no problem with people making money off stupid people that can't play the game legit and will laugh in their face if MS ever bans them for going to lobbies, it would be hilarious someone pays for a lobby then gets their live account banned.  Just play the games legit, that's the whole point so you improve your skill.

Ranger72

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2010, 01:43:00 PM »

This is the very reason why if some potential customers starts asking about modded lobbies and such I usually end up passing on the job because I believe that is what gives homebrew a bad name.

This is also why if it was up to me there would be no KV buying and selling allowed in the BST forum here.

pirichios

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2010, 07:30:00 PM »

@Ranger72 on the upside those KV's have to run out someday...(hopefully sooner than later)
its truly a shame. I personally dont understand the joy these people get out of boasting something they have not worked hard to earn or the unfair factor of cheap cheesy advantages in a game where its supposed to based on fair competition

jeffrey92

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2010, 08:22:00 PM »

I have really bittersweet feelings about this.

On one hand, this is the main reason why you can make easy money selling your keyvaults. I bought 10 scrap mobos on ebay, oven baked them for a few hours, and then jtagged the system and made some fast cash.

but on the other hand, it gets really annoying when you offer to jtag a system and then get hammered with questions about game modding. It really pisses me off. One time a guy called me on the phone and talked with me for half an hour about his MW2 money making scheme. Next time I wont be as polite, and just hang up.

It is true, most people dont seem to care about the emulators and homebrew apps. Although to be honest, the only things I care about are moving along very slowly, and while I am glad for the progress that has been made, it is kind of depressing. All I really want my jtag to do is to be able to play games, movies, n64 games, and music right off my hard drive. I think it will get there eventually but it will be a long time before its up to snuff

There has also been an influx of noobs wanting jtags to play the leaked halo reach

relaxxx

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2010, 06:51:00 AM »

I'm up to my eyeballs in JTAG consoles and boards that I cant sell for a decent price or without people asking if they can host lobbies or do I supply MW2 files or some shit. I don't know or care to know anything about that crap. Half the time when I do sell something the fuckers try and double cross me with BS disputes and chargebacks to get their money back.

I'd seriously be better off working at McDonald's than wasting my time with this 360 shit. I can see myself dropping off 200 JTAG boards at the e-cycle depot in a couple months, fuck it all! Selling KV's is the ONLY thing that made me a little bit of money over the past few months, I honestly don't give a shit what they do with it as long as they don't screw me around. I don't use live or even have high speed internet!

This post has been edited by relaxxx: Aug 31 2010, 02:11 PM

Just13d

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2010, 05:48:00 AM »

QUOTE(relaxxx @ Aug 31 2010, 08:51 AM) *

I'm up to my eyeballs in JTAG consoles and boards that I cant sell for a decent price or without people asking if they can host lobbies or do I supply MW2 files or some shit. I don't know or care to know anything about that crap. Half the time when I do sell something the fuckers try and double cross me with BS disputes and chargebacks to get their money back.

I'd seriously be better off working at McDonald's than wasting my time with this 360 shit. I can see myself dropping off 200 JTAG boards at the e-cycle depot in a couple months, fuck it all! Selling KV's is the ONLY thing that made me a little bit of money over the past few months, I honestly don't give a shit what they do with it as long as they don't screw me around. I don't use live or even have high speed internet!

I am not into the Jtag seen at all and all the cheaters on COD really make me angry. My question is with the Jtag consoles can you still use them to stream Media Center content? Also does anyone know if they have emulated Super Techmo Bowl? I would buy one just to play that.

Haygar

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2010, 06:55:00 AM »

QUOTE(jeffrey92 @ Aug 31 2010, 12:22 PM) View Post

There has also been an influx of noobs wanting jtags to play the leaked halo reach

Impatient, spoiled brats dry.gif

truskillzz69

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2010, 08:11:00 AM »

I got mine recently from a member here but I got it for homebrew, I could care less about stupid COD, I been playing snes/mame(1989 TMNT Ftw wink.gif
Pages: [1] 2