xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Start To Finish Tutorial For Jtag Users To Get On  (Read 549 times)

soulwarrior

• Archived User
Start To Finish Tutorial For Jtag Users To Get On
« on: July 07, 2010, 10:13:00 PM »

How to get Xlink Kai to work for Jtag Users Only
I’m writing this hoping to get rid of the “why can’t connect” questions when people join arenas.
Things you will need:
1.   Your original nand dump (Have your CPU Key and 1BL Key ready)
2.   Freeboot .032 files (xbins)
3.   9199 files from xbins
4.   The correct hacked smc.bin for your motherboard (get an xbr image for your motherboard, extract the smc_dec.bin)
5.   Dashlaunch 1.0 Patches (located in development  system apps at xbins)
6.   The ping patch (located in development  system apps at xbins)
7.   Xlink Kai

Step 1. Building your new Freeboot Image
A)   Unzip the freeboot .032 file and then unzip the 9199.zip into the data of the previously unzipped freeboot .032 folder. Unzip the dashlaunch file into its own folder. Once unzipped, copy the patches located in the freeboot patches folder of the dashlaunch folder into the bin folder of the previously unzipped freeboot .032 folder. Copy a cmd.exe into the root of the freeboot .032 folder. Finally, copy your orig.bin (or whatever you named it) into the root of the freeboot .032 folder.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)   Once you have completely finish part 1, open the command prompt that you copied into the root of the freeboot .032 folder and type in the following command:
a.   ibuild.exe x -d temp\ -p [cpu key] -b [1bl key] orig.bin
i.   You must replace [cpu key] with your cpu key (remove the brackets)
ii.   You must replace [1bl key] with the 1bl key which can be found by googling (remove brackets)
b.   If the command is successful you will not get an error. Now go into the temp folder located inside of the freeboot .032 folder and you will see that your orig.bin has been extracted. You need to copy the following 10 files from the temp folder to the data folder: crl.bin, crl.bin.meta, extended.bin, extended.bin.meta, kv.bin, odd.bin, odd.bin.meta, secdata.bin, secdata.bin.mata, smc_config.bin
c.   Copy the smc_dec.bin you extracted earlier from the correct xbr image for your motherboard, to the data folder located in the freeboot .032 folder. Rename it to smc.bin
d.   Now that you have all of the files located in the correct folder, build the image with this command:
i.   ibuild.exe c freeBOOT -c [console] -d data\ -p [cpu key] -b [1bl key] bin\image.bin bin\fuses.bin
1.   Replace console with your motherboard type ie xenon, falcon, jasper (remove the brackets)
2.   Replace [cpu key] with your own just like before, and do the same for the 1BL just like you did before (remove the brackets)
e.   Your image is now rebuilt and it is located in the bin folder of the freeboot .032 folder. It is called image.bin. Rename it to updflash.bin
f.   Flash your new updflash.bin using xellous to avoid having to worry about bad blocks.
Step 2. Preparing Your Console After You Have Flashed Your New Freeboot Image.
Now that you have flashed your new freeboot image, you are almost done preparing your console.
1.   Unzip the systempingcheck.zip and transfer kxam.patch to the root of hdd1 and you can also transfer it to your usb hdd. Do both to be safe.
2.   Located inside of the Dashlaunch folder you extracted earlier, is a folder called flash_installer. Transfer that folder to your xbox 360.
3.   Located inside of the Dashlaunch folder you extracted earlier is a file called samplelaunch.ini. Configure it (Case sensitive hard drive is LHdd and usb is LUsb0) to your liking (read the dashlaunch readme if you can’t understand what to do just by looking) and transfer it to the root of hdd1 and/or usb.
4.   Run the launch.xex from the flash_installer folder. Follow the prompt to put it into the flash, exit, then reboot your console. If you set your ini up correctly you will auto launch fsd or xexmenu or whatever you set it to auto launch.
5.   Get all of the newest title updates for the games you want to use xlink with. There are a few websites that have title updates (which I won’t list here) and you can also use title downloader 1.2. You will need your content.xml from freestyle dash to use that program.
Step 3. Setting Up Xlink and Your System Link Setup
People use different setups but I’m only going to explain connecting to xlink through a laptop with a wireless internet connection. If you can’t figure out how to portforward for your setup go to xlink’s website www.teamxlink.co.uk.
1.   Download/install xlink, create a tag etc.
2.   Open the Xlink Kai Configuration, switch option to ui, enter in your username/password, hit save and exit.
3.   Make sure you have disabled xbox live using the family access settings on your 360
4.   On your 360 go to network settings, switch the ip settings to manual, give it an ip, set the subnet mask to 255.255.255.0, and the default gateway to your router’s ip address
5.   On your laptop give the Ethernet port of that your 360 is using an ip address (different ip then the one you used in system settings of your 360), subnet mask 255.255.255.0 and set the default gateway and dns to the ip of your router.
6.   Open an internet page and type the ip address of your router. Find the settings for portforwarding and forward port 30000 to your laptop’s ip address not the 360’s address (this only applies using the setup I’m describing).
YOU ARE DONE AND SHOULD BE ABLE TO CONNECT, IF YOU CAN’T IT’S YOUR OWN FAULT AT THIS POINT
YOUR FRIEND JPARKER AKA SOULWARRIOR AKA SOULWARRIOR 71K

This post has been edited by StrictPuppet: Jun 22 2011, 07:46 AM

soulwarrior

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 01:36:00 PM »

2 things I need to change:
1. Make sure to rename sample_launch.in to launch.ini
2. When using the flash_installer run default.xex not launch.xex

Side note, I can't edit the title but if any mods see this, take please stick out of the title please, and add these edits if can. thanks

theninjaway

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 12:56:00 AM »

You do know that this can made way easier.
1. get nand dump and cpu key from xellous.
2. download freeboot toolbox
3. get dashlaunch
4. open freeboot toolbox and click make custom image (if you have a bb console disable autodetect)
5. pick nand where it says dashlaunch
6. click create freeboot
7. around 80% it will open a folder called freeboot. pick the dashlaunch patch for your specific console and copy it to the bin folder inside the freeboot folder that opened up.
8. go back to freeboot toolbox and click ok.
9. it will say done. go to where you told it to save your image, rename it to updflash.bin and put it on a usb stick.
a(1).start up your xbox, then unplug it, plug the usb stick in and plug it back in.
a(2) press eject to start xellous. it will update the 360.
b(1) start up flash360 and let it flash your console.
11. open the flash_installer folder in your dashlaunch folder, edit the launch.ini in there to your liking.
for it to launch nxe set it to the following (you can delete the but_x part if you dont want to launch freestyle dash with x):
[QuickLaunchButtons]
BUT_X = LHdd:\Freestyle\FreestyleDash.xex
Default =

for it to launch freestyle dash, set it to the following (it will launch nxe if you hold x):
[QuickLaunchButtons]
BUT_X =
Default = LHdd:\Freestyle\FreestyleDash.xex

if you want xexmenu, set it to the following (it will launch fsd if you press x):
[QuickLaunchButtons]
BUT_X = LHdd:\Freestyle\FreestyleDash.xex
Default = LHdd:\Content\0000000000000000\C0DE9999\00080000\C0DE99990F586558

12. ftp the flash_installer folder to your 360 and launch it from xexmenu/fsd and press a for it to install dashlaunch.
13. go on xlink kai and add theninjaway because you are done.

soulwarrior

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2010, 10:00:00 AM »

yes but i don't like using toolboxes or anything of the sort. Doing it manually rarely causes the problems that people have when they use autobuilders.

theninjaway

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2010, 01:15:00 PM »

doing it manually also allows for mistakes that wouldn't be made usually with an auto builder.
ive never had problems with the toolbox.
however i've e79'd a couple of times building a custom image because of smc issues.

soulwarrior

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2010, 05:58:00 PM »

There are plenty of people who have run into problems using autobuilders. Doing it manually consists of copy  and pasting a few files, and copying 2 commands into a command prompt. If people can follow directions, doing it manually is quite simple. On top of that, telling people to use flash 360 instead of xellous to flash their image is also not smart either. Flash 360 does not handle bad blocks correctly, but xellous does. Trust me my friend, there is a reason I wrote the tutorial the way I did.

This post has been edited by soulwarrior: Jul 10 2010, 01:00 AM

Strop

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2010, 11:03:00 AM »

thanks for the guide.

my console is on XBR3 and im looking at updating to freeboot with dashlaunch/ping removal. If I dont have my original nand, am I able to dump the nand with xellous and use he"flashump.bin" it creates instead of the original nand?

soulwarrior

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2010, 12:09:00 PM »

QUOTE(Strop @ Jul 10 2010, 01:03 PM) View Post

thanks for the guide.

my console is on XBR3 and im looking at updating to freeboot with dashlaunch/ping removal. If I dont have my original nand, am I able to dump the nand with xellous and use he"flashump.bin" it creates instead of the original nand?

Then you should probably use freeboot toolbox. I have to ask, why don't you have your original nand? If you jtagged it yourself did you not back it up? If you bought it jtagged, you should ask the seller to give you the original nand because there was no reason for the seller not to give it to you.

Strop

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2010, 03:56:00 PM »

QUOTE(soulwarrior @ Jul 11 2010, 04:09 AM) View Post

Then you should probably use freeboot toolbox. I have to ask, why don't you have your original nand? If you jtagged it yourself did you not back it up? If you bought it jtagged, you should ask the seller to give you the original nand because there was no reason for the seller not to give it to you.

Thanks. the console was already jtagged and the seller didnt have the orig nand.

soulwarrior

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2010, 04:24:00 PM »

QUOTE(Strop @ Jul 10 2010, 05:56 PM) View Post

Thanks. the console was already jtagged and the seller didnt have the orig nand.

Then you bought from a lazy seller because the first thing that is done when starting the jtag process, is a nand back up. Hopefully you get it working with what you have though.

kunocorp

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2010, 08:42:00 PM »

is there anyway to connect the jtag to the internet but NOT be able to get on Live?

soulwarrior

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2010, 10:49:00 PM »

QUOTE(kunocorp @ Jul 20 2010, 10:42 PM) View Post

is there anyway to connect the jtag to the internet but NOT be able to get on Live?

yes, on your 360 go to the system settings, then family settings, then set xbox live access to disabled, set a password and you are good to go.

kunocorp

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2010, 01:44:00 PM »

yes, on your 360 go to the system settings, then family settings, then set xbox live access to disabled, set a password and you are good to go.

thank you sooooo much!  pop.gif  <---- you can have some  biggrin.gif

StrictPuppet

• Recovered User
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2011, 12:49:00 AM »

QUOTE(soulwarrior @ Jul 8 2010, 12:36 PM) View Post

2 things I need to change:
1. Make sure to rename sample_launch.in to launch.ini
2. When using the flash_installer run default.xex not launch.xex

Side note, I can't edit the title but if any mods see this, take please stick out of the title please, and add these edits if can. thanks

I would be happy to edit this for you, just make a complete new post and I will replace your original with it.

Pm me when its done in case I miss it.

Diametunim

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2011, 01:44:00 PM »

QUOTE(soulwarrior @ Jul 21 2010, 05:49 AM) View Post

You should also know you still have a risk of getting banned from Live by doing this.
Pages: [1] 2