xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Kickass Idea For You Kai Users! =)  (Read 282 times)

InvidiousDemise

• Archived User
Kickass Idea For You Kai Users! =)
« on: July 01, 2010, 04:27:00 PM »

Ok... so, we were discussing in the ping limit thread about how cool it would be to have a kai blade in the menu when you hit guide on the 360 now that the ping limit is broken.

Well... Here's a decent alternative if you still have an old xbox.

Install XBMC on it and set it up to run the kai UI and Engine.  Leave it running while you're playing on Kai with your modded 360.  If you want to change arenas, just change channels to the original xbox and use the XBMC Kai UI. =)  

To make it even more badass, get some sort of wireless power setup for the xbox1 and a wireless dvd remote to be able to remain totally wireless.

No PC needed.

If I remember correctly, XBMC can run the actual engine, it just never did because most people only used the UI. The engine would die if you booted into a game.

I just went and put my old box back together and I'll be ordering a new dvd remote and figuring out some sort of wireless power solution. There are several wireless power solutions for the original xbox posted under the Tutorials section of this site.

So whatta you guys think?  I know it's a simple concept but damn I think it's cool.

Twis7eD

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2010, 04:18:00 AM »

Pretty cool, but I don't have a modded original Xbox. sad.gif

I wasn't into the modding scene back when modding the original Xbox was popular. Good idea none the less though if you don't have a computer near by.

InvidiousDemise

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2010, 02:44:00 PM »

I'll probably set this up If I have time before my Army camp in a week.  I might make a video just to show people how cool it is.

InvidiousDemise

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2010, 01:57:00 AM »

EVEN better! Use the kai web UI on a mobile phone! I tried it out on my HTC hero. It wasn't the greatest but it was somewhat bearable.  I posted on the kai forums about making an optimized mobile UI.  That would be the shiz!