xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]

Author Topic: System Link 30ms Check Patch  (Read 2653 times)

holyjewsus

• Archived User
System Link 30ms Check Patch
« Reply #165 on: July 06, 2010, 09:47:00 PM »

anyone have any experience with this, dash launch seems to only boot with my ini, to fsd, when launch.xex is on my usb disk.  I have it in the nand installed with flash_installer as well, but that doesnt seem to work.  I have the .ini everywhere.

theninjaway

• Archived User
« Reply #166 on: July 06, 2010, 10:23:00 PM »

Well, scratch that, all of my games have been giving me problems with just having the TU. Grr, I have to go and patch each one as I go now, royal PITA.
The two games I've had problems connecting with are Borderlands and Blur, both times the hosts had pings >200 so I guess that must've been it.
@Holyjewsus
The priority for Dash Launch is USB>HDD>NAND.

cramman

• Archived User
« Reply #167 on: July 06, 2010, 10:59:00 PM »

QUOTE(holyjewsus @ Jul 6 2010, 11:47 PM) View Post

anyone have any experience with this, dash launch seems to only boot with my ini, to fsd, when launch.xex is on my usb disk.  I have it in the nand installed with flash_installer as well, but that doesnt seem to work.  I have the .ini everywhere.

in my experience, having launch.xex on the root of my harddrive caused the box to freeze on bootup.
just need launch.ini on USB/HDD

launch.xex only on the nand with flash_installer.

i know this probably didn't help much but just my experience.

check to make sure your .ini's are all the same/accurate.

-=c

Haygar

• Archived User
« Reply #168 on: July 07, 2010, 03:49:00 AM »

I don't even know whether launch.xex/launch.ini is needed for the Kxam.patch to work, as long as dashlaunch itself has been built into your freeboot image and you have the patch at HDD1/Kxam.patch.
All port forward info is available here http://portforward.com/
Choose your equipment,skip the ad, and after that right at the bottom is the Kai Link setup info

FalconLTD

• Archived User
« Reply #169 on: July 07, 2010, 08:37:00 AM »

FINALLY, I got it to work!!! The prob was the port forwarding to pc and not xbox.
since i got 2 routers (adsl modem and linksys router), I just opened port 30000 onto the linksys router.
I bridged connection so the router indirectly assigns ip to my 360 automatically (and the port is open for all devices)
(note: tu6 is necessary in cod4mw2)

I have not tried any other game because no one is online.

anyway, thanks for the help, see you all on kai... cool.gif

LEON007

• Archived User
« Reply #170 on: July 10, 2010, 11:55:00 AM »

for me dash launch is not working. I can see the launch.xex on the flash and launch.ini on my root of my both internal and external drive. also its configure properly. holding X not booted to FSD. so clearly Dashlaunch not working. Can anyone shade some light??

dustin6908

• Archived User
« Reply #171 on: July 11, 2010, 08:57:00 AM »

deff works great

but the patch makes dash launch freeze sometimes sad.gif

danthaman673

• Archived User
« Reply #172 on: July 22, 2010, 12:53:00 AM »

QUOTE(Twis7eD @ Jul 3 2010, 07:09 AM) View Post

I have FreeBOOT v.032, but I don't know if it has the correct patch that has dash launch installed on it. If I run the flash_installer, will it flash dash launch to my NAND or do I have to build a completely new image? Because I have no idea if I have dash launch already installed and I would just prefer to run the flash_installer instead of building a whole new image because I don't have my original NAND.

You shouldn't have to build a new image (especially if you had the nand option checked) And you will have to run the installer at least once or it(dashlaunch) won't be there.

QUOTE(avpdav @ Jul 7 2010, 07:42 AM) View Post

Don't get too excited. I tried to take my Jtag online (after I updated to freeboot) and the second it tried to connect during setup, I got a message saying it was banned for ToS violations. (I wanted to connect it so I could recover my XBL account and get some game updates, but oh well.) Your's could be banned just as fast.

It's always worth saving ur KV (they're in very limited supply and in the future you may be able to do some very cool things that have nothing to do with MW2 or lobbys) Either way it's important to have Xbox Live blocked in ur settings as once it's banned (only takes an hour or 3) it will modify ur nand (not as big concern nowadays) and if it keeps trying to log on post fixing ur nand u r console will go on untrusted list and that will cause u issues with new games that have you on their list..(there's a workaround but it's a massive pain in the proverbial)

QUOTE(holyjewsus @ Jul 7 2010, 01:17 PM) View Post

Make sure when you do ur build you have nand checked, It will boot from nand, but without a drive of some description (with the actual app - fsd) and an accompaning .ini/and FSD to boot from it will default to NXE or worse.
 It's always better to have a seperate .ini etc.. for each drive as dashlaunch doesn't like to traverse drives.

I've also noticed that dashlaunch DOESN't Mount UsbMU's properly like it claims to they just default to USB0 etc.. and having one plugged-in (even after boot) can stuff up ur .ini after the UsbMu gets mounted as a normal USB and enumerates the one ur trying to boot off. Doh'

Hope this helps/Dan

Aldanga

• Archived User
« Reply #173 on: August 05, 2010, 08:28:00 AM »

I have never had any success without launch.xex flashed to the NAND, so I presume--without going back and looking at the documentation--that it is a requirement.

xboxbman

• Archived User
« Reply #174 on: August 05, 2010, 02:24:00 PM »

installing launch.xex and launch.ini did it.  thanks gang

Haygar

• Archived User
« Reply #175 on: August 06, 2010, 06:19:00 AM »

Well I did say that I did not know whether it was necessary. Now we all know it is, doh!  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

And I stand corrected.

This post has been edited by Haygar: Aug 6 2010, 01:20 PM

Paco2009

• Archived User
« Reply #176 on: September 07, 2010, 09:54:00 AM »

A question for you. This patch it works in console with jtag only? Or in all the consoles without jtag???

truskillzz69

• Archived User
« Reply #177 on: September 08, 2010, 10:08:00 AM »

QUOTE(Paco2009 @ Sep 7 2010, 11:54 AM) View Post

A question for you. This patch it works in console with jtag only? Or in all the consoles without jtag???

seeing as the only way to put it on and patch it, its for jtag only happy.gif

joh123

• Archived User
« Reply #178 on: March 21, 2012, 03:22:00 PM »

Sorry for bringing up an old topic, but I have an RGH console and just installed xlink kai.. played a bit and everything was fine.. could it be that this patch isn't needed anymore? It could be that the guy who hacked my console already applied the patch, but I doubt it.

-edit-
If anyone else is ever wondering about the same thing - DashLaunch's 'pingpatch = true' does the job for you (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) I read through dashlaunch's fix history before but I didn't notice that anywhere so I posted here..

This post has been edited by joh123: Mar 21 2012, 10:51 PM
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]