xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: Ping Limit Bypass  (Read 1545 times)

ledjohnnyboy

• Archived User
Ping Limit Bypass
« on: December 04, 2009, 03:50:00 PM »

the ping limit is probably fairly easy to modify when we find the file that contains it and is modified i know one thing the ping limit is stored on the game itself because when you boot an original Xbox game you can use xlink without a limit. if anyone is interested reply please!

xrkahn76

• Archived User
Ping Limit Bypass
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2009, 12:14:00 AM »

Do you have the money to pay someone to spend countless hours going through the code of each game.

ITS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!

tactical

• Archived User
Ping Limit Bypass
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2009, 08:27:00 AM »

QUOTE(xrkahn76 @ Dec 4 2009, 10:14 PM) *

Do you have the money to pay someone to spend countless hours going through the code of each game.

ITS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!

Some of us have been around here for long enough to avoid saying "it's not going to happen!"  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

This post has been edited by tactical: Dec 5 2009, 04:28 PM

halleluia

• Archived User
Ping Limit Bypass
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2009, 09:13:00 AM »

As some guy said in another thread (think its boxxdr)

If its possible to make some kind of a software or a proxy site that can report a fake ping it will be much more easier biggrin.gif

legssmit

• Archived User
Ping Limit Bypass
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2009, 10:12:00 AM »

I think its a lot harder then all of you think. You really think that ping gets "reported" ? Of course not, it gets measured...so using a proxy will only increase the ping.

xrkahn76

• Archived User
Ping Limit Bypass
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2009, 07:33:00 PM »

Unless someone finds the coding in a few games and can determine that it is located in the same spot on every game, so that a patcher can be created, Its going to be alot of work to do on every game.  Ping is measured and the only way it can be fixed or lowered is to get a faster up speed, better ISP, or be able to bypass ISP barriers and filters that restrict your bandwidth, which are pretty much the same thing.  

The ping limit can easily be avoided if we had more users.  Problem is, we don't!  People are still too busy trying to unban, uncripple and whining about the same to realize we are trying to get some games going.  Games they can easily be playing if the got on Xlink.

tactical

• Archived User
Ping Limit Bypass
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2009, 07:19:00 AM »

Unless we get xbox-scene and xlink to do a HARD PUSH by putting it on front page and talking it up, we will not get the masses to play on xlink.

This room is practically DEAD.  Now if a ping bypass was found, that really could change everything because more people would be on xlink 1,000's playing cod mw2 just like they used to play halo on xbox1.

ledjohnnyboy

• Archived User
Ping Limit Bypass
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2009, 10:39:00 AM »

yea the ping limit bypass was really a wish but really the only way around it is if we push it make the mass of readers who are banned discover Xlink and figure out how to port forward.

InvidiousDemise

• Archived User
Ping Limit Bypass
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2009, 09:27:00 PM »

I would gladly make a donation to the first person to get this working.  You guys think we could get a large enough initiative going to make this work?  I think we could- it's all about advertisement to get someone with the knowledge to do it.  I don't have much time right now to start that initiative but I might work day by day and see what we can do.  I think the first best thing to do would be to make this thread bigger by going on Xlink's forums and getting this thread some exposure.

majinsoftware

• Archived User
Ping Limit Bypass
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2009, 01:15:00 AM »

Iv spent quite a bit of time today messing around with halo3. It looks like iv been able to remove the ping limit in the game but it apares there is also another limit in the console. Its a bit more laxed as I can play with my friend in Austrilia which I have a ping of 120ms to. But still cant get the game with my mate in the UK to show up. My ping to him is 305ms.

Also you need XBR or Freeboot because the game has been modifyed so its running in dev mode.
Ill investigate it more before doing a tutorial.

Filthy512

• Archived User
Ping Limit Bypass
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2009, 09:20:00 AM »

I have an idea that has been thrown around a bit but never really fully explored...now that we can run homebrew on xbox 360, and patch xex files, couldn't someone create a custom dashboard that tricks the xbox into thinking it is signed into xbox live but it will actually be signed into a private server.  With something like this you could emulate xbox live..even allowing downloadable content if you could some how trick the box into thinking that the server is the actual xbox live..you could download free xbla games and map packs and what not...Im sure if a bunch of the right people get together this could work....We could call it XBOX ALIVE.....make it free and it would bypass any ping limits...I mean for the games we play on xbox there is always a host so the hosting would still be done the same way...but this would give you access to content and cool dashboard apps and hacks it could be done would just take a massive amount of time..but i've seen some of the things that the scene has come up with and I think this is 100% within the realm of possibility....stay tuned it's gonna happpen

danked

• Archived User
Ping Limit Bypass
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2009, 10:34:00 AM »

QUOTE(majinsoftware @ Dec 8 2009, 12:15 AM) View Post

Iv spent quite a bit of time today messing around with halo3. It looks like iv been able to remove the ping limit in the game but it apares there is also another limit in the console. Its a bit more laxed as I can play with my friend in Austrilia which I have a ping of 120ms to. But still cant get the game with my mate in the UK to show up. My ping to him is 305ms.

Also you need XBR or Freeboot because the game has been modifyed so its running in dev mode.
Ill investigate it more before doing a tutorial.

good news, I would love to help out as well if I had any idea of were to look

ledjohnnyboy

• Archived User
Ping Limit Bypass
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2009, 06:46:00 PM »

nice progress with your friend in Australia keep up the good work i knew it was just a process of deletion or some sort if you don't mind posting information on witch file you edited if any and i will look into it as i would love to get Xlink moving! idea with Xbox Alive is very valid as home brew approaches! i love this feeling!

InvidiousDemise

• Archived User
Ping Limit Bypass
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2009, 04:45:00 PM »

Sweet! I look forward to a tutorial and seeing more progress made.

ledjohnnyboy

• Archived User
Ping Limit Bypass
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2009, 02:58:00 PM »

hi im trying to do this on mw2 and need help on which value to edit I found one that says maximum ping for the client but its had to tell if there talking about system link or xbox live
thanks please help!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9