xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: I Want To See A Serious Competitor To Xbox Live  (Read 259 times)

Caddenmods

• Archived User
I Want To See A Serious Competitor To Xbox Live
« on: November 19, 2009, 01:42:00 PM »

One thing I can't stand is not having a choice.  Ok that sounds stupid but to be honest with you I want to see a good alternative to Xbox Live, not just the ability to play games online with others but a complete alternative, which would allow for competition as MS currently have none.

Is this legal in terms of monopoly or  quite simply can M$ get away with it because they manufacture the console?

xrkahn76

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2009, 04:07:00 PM »

We already do!  It's Called PSN and PS3.   Maybe you could ask M$ nicely if they could allow such a system to operate on the 360 and take revenue away from them.

Why do I continue to be amazed at all the stupid in the world?  Why do they call it common sense when it's so uncommon.

xrkahn76

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2009, 04:36:00 PM »

Couldn't go back and edit in time so....

The whole LIVE service is a bonus to the gaming system.   Before Xbox, PC gamers were the online gaming world.  It was M$ plan to bring that same experience to families, homes, and individuals who otherwise could not afford an ALienware or other gaming PC costing $1000 or more.  If you were a PC gamer, and cheated, you would be familiar with the effects of Punkbuster.  You would also know about dedicated and private servers, and everything else involved in PC gaming.  Bottom line, It's their machine, they designed it.  It's not a Gateway or Dell that they pack with their software in an effort to push the other guys out.  And this is where home brew makes its entrance.  

I hope that made sense. If not, then it's just bigger than you!

Caddenmods

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2009, 04:18:00 PM »

QUOTE(xrkahn76 @ Nov 19 2009, 11:07 PM) View Post

We already do!  It's Called PSN and PS3.   Maybe you could ask M$ nicely if they could allow such a system to operate on the 360 and take revenue away from them.
Why do I continue to be amazed at all the stupid in the world?  Why do they call it common sense when it's so uncommon.

Wow, don't flame me for asking a question and in the right forum area.  I work for a big company called Tesco, I sell products for a living, and own a PS3 so don't go assuming I have no common sense.

Obviously Xbox Live is part of the franchise however that was not what I meant. What I mean is should we not have a choice without having to buy an expensive computer or another console.

I do feel that the xbox 360 has killed the PC gaming industry you only have to go into Game stores in the UK to see that.

M$ is creating a monopoly, and I think its wrong for it to be allowed

No_Name

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2009, 04:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(Caddenmods @ Nov 20 2009, 03:18 PM) View Post

Wow, don't flame me for asking a question and in the right forum area.  I work for a big company called Tesco, I sell products for a living, and own a PS3 so don't go assuming I have no common sense.

Obviously Xbox Live is part of the franchise however that was not what I meant. What I mean is should we not have a choice without having to buy an expensive computer or another console.

I do feel that the xbox 360 has killed the PC gaming industry you only have to go into Game stores in the UK to see that.

M$ is creating a monopoly, and I think its wrong for it to be allowed

Off course its a monopoly, its the same with the PS3 and the Wii.

Its clear you have no idea how the gaming market works in relation to publishing on a console.
So let me make it clear. Developers are not allowed to do just anything they want. If they try the code is rejected and wont be permitted to be published. Sony Nintendo and Microsoft all have the final say on what is published for their consoles and their decision is final.

So your choices are deal with it get a PC and play PC games.

xrkahn76

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2009, 01:07:00 PM »

QUOTE(jeffrey92 @ Nov 21 2009, 01:53 PM) View Post

punkbuster sucks just as bad if not worse than xbox live

live is great until the force you to buy maps and content

Sucks is a word better used to describe the skill of people who use aimbots and wall hacks!

xrkahn76

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2009, 11:10:00 PM »

I don't care so much about the dlc and points.  I am and always have been about head to head gaming.  I played a few PC games, battletech sims, had 2 PS2's firewired together, beta tested early PS2 online titles.  To me, its all about being at home and playing my friends and others in their homes.  AI gets boring!  The bells and whistles of XBL were nice, but all I care about now is getting more players on the xlink, banned or not.  I am hoping that by the time I get a new 360 I will use it on Xlink more anyways because people finally woke up and started using it.

ledjohnnyboy

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2009, 07:47:00 PM »

QUOTE(xrkahn76 @ Nov 24 2009, 12:10 AM) View Post

I don't care so much about the dlc and points.  I am and always have been about head to head gaming.  I played a few PC games, battletech sims, had 2 PS2's firewired together, beta tested early PS2 online titles.  To me, its all about being at home and playing my friends and others in their homes.  AI gets boring!  The bells and whistles of XBL were nice, but all I care about now is getting more players on the xlink, banned or not.  I am hoping that by the time I get a new 360 I will use it on Xlink more anyways because people finally woke up and started using it.

yes this is exactly what we need xlink kai has to be more widely used so we can simply sign in and get into a game in every area.