xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Online Achievements Using Kai Or Xbc  (Read 197 times)

uk_dan2k

• Archived User
Online Achievements Using Kai Or Xbc
« on: November 16, 2009, 05:23:00 PM »

hi, just been banned from xbl, been looking at these other services kai and xbc, and i was wondering if you still get online achievement awards if you play the games on these other services.

I doubt you do, but was still wondering.

thanks for any help.

xrkahn76

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2009, 01:14:00 AM »

I dont know, but it is certainly worth a try.  Problem really is, how do you log back into XBL to get credit for them on their system.

mc_365

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2009, 04:26:00 PM »

Do you get achievements in multiplayer or are they just unlocks?

If there are multiplayer achievements, I would think that they could only be awarded by Xbox live.
The whole point in achievements is that everyone is measured to the same standards.  Those playing on services outside of xbox live can not be monitored for cheating.

me2611

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 05:08:00 AM »

Nealry all System Link games i played on Xlinks Kai i was enable to unlock achievements and gain unlocks/ranks. In MW2 though you have a seperate profile save file for System Link games and Online Multiplayer meaning unlocks/ranks earned in System Link games are for use with System Link only and vice versa for Multiplayer.

Online games such as Gears of war and halo etc will allow you to unlock Multiplayer achievements by playing in System Link.

Hope that helps ya.

Reaper527

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2010, 01:12:00 PM »

don't think of kai/xbc as a live alternative. think of it in the following way:

if you can get the achievements by playing system link with 2 360's side by side, than you can get it over kai/xbc. if you can't get it through system link, than you can't.

some games will have rank related achievements, and your rank can only be altered by playing ranked games over live. other games might have a rank that can be manipulated via system link. at the end of the day, its hit or miss. if you really care about the online achievements, pick up a second system and get back on live. (which you have probably already done if you have a way to sync the achievements up with the web)