xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Play Online Without Xbox Live  (Read 295 times)

mrmanwithapan

• Archived User
Play Online Without Xbox Live
« on: November 11, 2009, 10:42:00 AM »

please go to http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/ go download  Kai 7.4.15. create a xlink name.

Basically this is a way of getting on xbox/Xbox 360 games online without xbox live. because its not full of members at the moment its hard to get into a new game together for example, modern warfare 2. because the game has a limited ping of 30ms. so you have to be connected to the host with a ping of 30ms or under and its hard to find that when there's only approx 100 in the modern warfare 2 section. i thought maybe post this on here will get more members and the more the people the more the chance we can all get online gaming back up =)

SkH

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 11:24:00 AM »

Yes, this is cool, you only need to find people from your country!

Rick_Son

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 11:45:00 AM »

i guess for people with banned systems might as well go on here. might turned out to have a big community once again...

mrmanwithapan

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 11:56:00 AM »

QUOTE(Rick_Son @ Nov 11 2009, 06:45 PM) View Post

i guess for people with banned systems might as well go on here. might turned out to have a big community once again...

Hopefully lol, the more people join the more chance of getting into games lol Im spreading the word! biggrin.gif

xbones

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 12:17:00 PM »

Don't you need to connect to games with the kai using "system link"?   Doesn't Modern Warfare 2 system link only support 2 players?   If so, it's not worth it.

mrmanwithapan

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2009, 12:38:00 PM »

QUOTE(xbones @ Nov 11 2009, 07:17 PM) View Post

Don't you need to connect to games with the kai using "system link"?   Doesn't Modern Warfare 2 system link only support 2 players?   If so, it's not worth it.

Not tried it myself on MW2, but in xlink MW2 lobby i was told a server was having a little 3v3

punxdiex

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2009, 08:24:00 PM »

QUOTE(xbones @ Nov 11 2009, 08:17 PM) *

It's two per console while playing system link.  I don't know max players.

xrkahn76

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2009, 12:27:00 AM »

On Sys link you can play regular multiplayer games on MW2.  It will take alil time for it to get populated.

There is also the 30ms ping issue, so you will need to play people close.

FOR THOSE NOT BANNED BUT WORRIED-----  Go into settings and disable xbox live if you are worried about a possible impending ban on your system!

This will allow you to use your current network wiring to get on, and not accidentally log into live and get banned.

xrkahn76

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2009, 07:29:00 PM »

Stop whining about what M$ did (or rather what you did) and get on Xlink and start playing.  Granted its not Xbox live and you have to use your PC, but the more people we get in here, the more we can all play!!!

TerrifiedModder

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2020, 10:18:00 AM »

Midnight Club 2, 3 are supported on XBOX, Midnight Club LA got system link, but it's not supported. Support for that game would be awesome!

TerrifiedModder

me2611

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2020, 12:13:00 PM »

Xlink KAI Works! I have been playing MW2 this evening on it. Lag free. Can play with poeple in the UK who don't live locally either. Great Stuff!

The more people join the better.

danked

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2020, 08:22:00 PM »

cool thank I signed up

xrkahn76

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2009, 12:12:00 AM »

QUOTE(TerrifiedModder @ Nov 14 2009, 11:18 AM) View Post

Midnight Club 2, 3 are supported on XBOX, Midnight Club LA got system link, but it's not supported. Support for that game would be awesome!

TerrifiedModder

Its not about support!  The lobbies are just to help people find each other.  Saw someone hosting L4D2 in the MW2 lobby

If the game has system link, then it should work.  

Another thing, I have people leave my lobby and starting a new one.  Unless you get an anal lobby host (like me with people who dont read and come into my Illinois room from Cali or the UK trying to play)  make it easy on everyone!  If you go into a room for your area, not all players may be able to join the host.  Get in there and see whats going on.  We had a lobby of 10 people, and only 1 guy in there was able to host where everyone could get in!  We had a dozen or so matches tdm 3v3, 4v4, 6 player ffa.  It was great!

ProjectSW1

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2009, 07:44:00 AM »

is voice chat via headset possible as well?

I downloaded XLink when I first got my xbox, but never actually tried it yet

I was recenlty banned so this might be an alternative for me as well