xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: XLink Kai Updated to 7.3.1.3  (Read 305 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User
XLink Kai Updated to 7.3.1.3
« on: April 12, 2008, 10:48:00 PM »

Posted by XanTium | April 13 00:12 EST | News Category: Xbox_Xbox360

Team XLink released a new version of XLink Kai(info). It is a global gaming network software that allows you to play system-link enabled games (on Xbox, Xbox360, PS3, PS2, PSP, ...) online for free:

We at Team XLink are delighted by the recent record setting increase in online player counts and are continuing to optimize our network and software to facilitate sustained growth.

In the past weeks, we have migrated our core services to a much faster server generously provided by MoxieColo. We have also updated our Orbital Code to access a separate back-end from our main page and forum--eliminating one single point of failure from our network operations.

More exciting, we are proud to present our latest update to the Kai Tunnelling system: Kai 7.3.1.3. Unlike previous updates, this will be a 'soft update' so we requests users uninstall their previous Kai installation and install the new version provided at the link below.

Among other features, this iteration of Kai boasts much faster performance, improved Vista support, and a streamlined update mechanism for improved security and stability. We have also added greater accessibility and usability options through enhanced support of Asian character sets (selectable via configuration) and user-selectable font resizing. Most importantly, however, this utilizes a retooled orbital selection mechanism which not only eases Kai network congestion but also makes connecting to Kai a faster and less cumbersome user experience.

Please take a moment to uninstall your current Kai installation and download / install the following: XLinkKai-7.3.1.3-win32.msi

This is the first step in a number of exciting updates we will be rolling out over the upcoming weeks.

Official Site: http://teamxlink.co.uk

afandiewinter

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 11:33:00 PM »

will there be an update for linux/mac users?

gsharpshooter

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 11:38:00 PM »

i havent been on kai or xb ina long time after introduced to live wow been a while so which one is better now this or xbconnect

samfu

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2008, 02:15:00 AM »

So I imagine there's still the ping issue with the xbox 360? and theres still no way (or ever will be) around  microsoft's insistence that to connect to a game all pings must be 150? or below. Anyone? Any thoughts?

SS-Funk

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2008, 04:09:00 AM »

QUOTE(gsharpshooter @ Apr 13 2008, 06:38 AM) View Post

i havent been on kai or xb ina long time after introduced to live wow been a while so which one is better now this or xbconnect

Who cares?

redwolf

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2008, 06:22:00 AM »

sup Funk  ohmy.gif

QUOTE(samfu @ Apr 13 2008, 09:15 AM) View Post

So I imagine there's still the ping issue with the xbox 360? and theres still no way (or ever will be) around  microsoft's insistence that to connect to a game all pings must be 150? or below. Anyone? Any thoughts?

to get a good game your ping must the 30ms-50ms to the host, ping to other players doesn't really matter. so unless you play someone in your own borough you'll have problem. take a look at this topic http://www.teamxlink...pic.php?t=27715

QUOTE(afandiewinter @ Apr 13 2008, 06:33 AM) View Post

will there be an update for linux/mac users?
"This is the first step in a number of exciting updates we will be rolling out over the upcoming weeks."
lets wait and see  biggrin.gif

xjustsumloserx

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2008, 11:57:00 AM »

yea i haven't logged in to either one in forever since getting  my 360 really.  360's live kinda put xlink and xbconnect out of thought and out of mind.  I used to log in all the time for my original xbox, despite having live, to do custom games in halo 2.  if they roll out a nice new linux client I might give it a go again.

bLiTz 2k

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2008, 01:27:00 PM »

QUOTE(xjustsumloserx @ Apr 13 2008, 12:57 PM) View Post

yea i haven't logged in to either one in forever since getting  my 360 really.  360's live kinda put xlink and xbconnect out of thought and out of mind.  I used to log in all the time for my original xbox, despite having live, to do custom games in halo 2.  if they roll out a nice new linux client I might give it a go again.

Xbox 360's ping cap for syslink games makes kai (or any tunnel app) pretty much unplayable unless you strictly play with people in your area. Kai on the 360 is, for all intents and purposes broken.

JBmtk

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2008, 03:36:00 PM »

QUOTE(gsharpshooter @ Apr 12 2008, 11:38 PM) View Post

ya i have the same question

xjustsumloserx

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2008, 06:03:00 PM »

do many people even still log on and play?  Only game I ever had people in of course was Halo 2. Until they release a Linux client that is on par with the windows one, i wont be sold.  plus i need to re mod my xbox.  in never did use the dashboard based one, how was that client?

AmyGrrl

• Recovered User
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2008, 09:45:00 PM »

Kai has been updated again....... v7.3.1.6