xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox System Link Idea Any Suggestions?  (Read 151 times)

Deathlyill

• Archived User
Xbox System Link Idea Any Suggestions?
« on: December 02, 2007, 11:57:00 AM »

hey guys i've been thinking about this for a few days. What if we got on a vpn on our computers could we assign an actual physical ip addres to our xbox using a patch cord and getting the ip address to go on the local area connection (ethernet port) the xbox was plugged into. Would that make our ping all 1ms if we were on the same exact subnet?? like say vpn assigns my ethernet port my xbox was attached to 192.168.4.2 and my buddy connected to my vpn and his port assigned 192.168.4.3? or is there some way this could work any suggestions?

Millerboy3

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 11:20:00 PM »

still would use the ping from the speed of the internet connection between the two places. regaurdless of the vpn being there or not. just would make them on the same network. which would be pointless as you might as well just use leaf or xbl for that....  :\

foogrrr

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 03:45:00 PM »

millerboy is right, the pyhsical distance between location A and Location B doesn't change even though you established a VPN.

a VPN simply creates a virtual tunnel that can be secure (encrypted) and ease of networking via emulating the two devices in a LAN (which allows for the system link over long distances)

sanil

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 01:22:00 PM »

thanks for the information. thanks a lot. biggrin.gif