xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Bypassing The Ping Limit In Kai ?  (Read 233 times)

yoavyoavyoav

• Archived User
Bypassing The Ping Limit In Kai ?
« on: May 22, 2007, 02:56:00 PM »

Just wondering here - isn't it possible to somehow "make" the 360 think that the ping is less then 30 ?
Cause now that we are all banned more & more people would like to play online with alternatives - kai\xbc..

raufemann

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 03:39:00 PM »

The ping limit of 50ms is on games, not in Xlink Kai ... nothing to do, the high ping of Xlink kai have two issues, or the server can't hang all connections or ppl far from server never will get a low ping ... resuming, we are fucked ...

xnoelahg

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 12:19:00 AM »

I find it hard to believe that there's no workaround to be achieved. Perhaps we're thinking about the wrong methods. Is there more than one way to tunnel for this purpose?

At least once the homebrew scene get's further, there's hope for a way to circumvent the ping process through unsigned code.

I find it hard to believe that there's no workaround to be achieved. Perhaps we're thinking about the wrong methods. Is there more than one way to tunnel for this purpose?

At least once the homebrew scene get's further, there's hope for a way to circumvent the ping process through unsigned code.

OldJoe

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 06:57:00 AM »

Or perhaps no one is thinking about it at all?

The X-Kai development team has stated that no one in their team is working to try to bypass the ping limit.

d0ct0r46

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2007, 10:10:00 AM »

The X-Kai development team has stated that no one in their team is working to try to bypass the ping limit.

i think they should i for one would most definetly use there service if they can get a way around the ping situation  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

raufemann

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2007, 01:46:00 PM »

The only way is somebody make a server near you ... the only way ...

InSaNe-mAn

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2007, 02:26:00 PM »

i was reading over at there forums and the way i understand it is that the 360 communicate when trying to establish a connection with some sort of packet the console sends to the person your trying to connect to and if does not reach the host and back to you in that ping time then no connection is made, and this is in the game itself, so ii also read the only 2 ways to fix this is for homebrew to be allowed on the360 then it could be tampered with or if some one could intercept the packet and fool the 360 somehow that it was sent in time, by messing around with the code or something like that, so as of right now there is no solution

This post has been edited by InSaNe-mAn: May 23 2007, 09:28 PM

xnoelahg

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2007, 01:47:00 AM »

QUOTE(raufemann @ May 23 2007, 09:22 PM) View Post

The only way is somebody make a server near you ... the only way ...

I tried with my friend who lives about 5 minutes away if I walked from my house, and we couldn't see each other on the 360 sad.gif We also have the same ISP.

yoavyoavyoav

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2007, 12:42:00 AM »

Just tried it with 4 other ppl from around my area - played GOW perfectly ! pings between us were in the ~25-30 range and it worked just fine.

foogrrr

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2007, 04:36:00 AM »

the 30 ms "ping limit" is acutally an authentication mechenisim.
during this 30 ms, there is a key exchange made between the client and host.
the key that is passed is the D-H key (Dille-helfman i believe its spelt), which is a verylight weight encryption, if im not mistaken, the key is stored on the disc and is called "LAN KEY". which is used to decrypted the D-H encyption.

so in that 30 ms your 360 needs to encrypt the KEY, exchange the key and Decrypt the key.

the only viable method i see of KAI/XBC being able to "bypass" this ping limit, is to have the computer (gateway) pre encrypt the key (to save a few Ms), and thats about all they could do, if thats even possible.

if that is the case, than:
 XBC/KAI would need to have the D-H encypt algorithm (prolly not that hard to find).
The LAn KEY from the disc (not sure if this is diffrent for every copy of a game, but prolly isn't)
and the console id (thats the part being encrypted if im not mistaken).

sounds like fun for a programmer.... not.

chemicalthunder

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2007, 04:38:00 AM »

What country do you come from? and how fast is your broadband?

I'm going to try it when I get broadband I'm not sure If it will work though. Here's hoping!

leep55

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2007, 02:21:00 AM »

Tried loads of times on xlink and just cant connect.My setup is ok but my ping is wont go below 70ms. even tried to connect to mate 5 mins from house and still no joy. Anyone tried the other software...is it xd connect ?

cauedotnet

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2007, 12:24:00 PM »

Hey Guys....
I just entered this forum because i like this topic...

Im from Brazil, an i hv an modded Xbox 360.
I Found in one Italy Forum an possible solution for the ping limit...
Its just an Plan,, but could work...

Some solution need to work!!!

heres the link: http://alexj.altervista.org/idea.pdf

Lets try to find solutions guys ...

[]s!