xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: New ! Hq Network Gamercard System  (Read 537 times)

DJB

• Archived User
New ! Hq Network Gamercard System
« on: March 19, 2006, 04:07:00 PM »

Hey guys.

I'd like to tell you all about the new Gamercard system that we have created for the HQ Network (X.b.o.x-HQ and XS Filter -  Part of a banned network of sites that promotes and distributes roms, wares, and other copyright code ** Do not post links from that nework on XS you will be banned **)

What it will do is allow you to have a gamercard (which you can place on ANY website), showing your rank against all the other Xbox 360 Live players on the HQ Network. It also shows your Rep, Zone, Gamescore, HQ Network Username, and Xbox Live Gamertag.

Here's a link to where you can get the code for your own personal gamertag:
Custom Gamertags

If you look at my signature you'll see an example.

We definately encourage members from any other community to take part, as you can see we have already made a custom Xbox-Scene gamercard for you guys. The gamercard shown below is only a quick example of what can be done, so ofcourse if you guys have a better image you would like used instead, just contact me and I will add / change it.

We are very keen to support other clans or communities with this who would need a custom gamercard, and as a sign of good faith we are offering this to Xbox-Scene first before any other community. Bandwidth isnt a issue at the moment due to the continued support from our members but we are not sure exactly how popular it is going to be yet, but we do hope that it won't be a problem for us.

Just our way of making a small contribution to the WHOLE Xbox 360 Community.

Enjoy

DJB
Senior Admin of the HQ Network
Creator of Auto-Installer Deluxe

Just a quick note...

Here's an example of the link used for the Gamercard

CODE
http://www.XS Filter -  Part of a banned network of sites that promotes and distributes roms, wares, and other copyright code ** Do not post links from that nework on XS you will be banned **.com/gamercard-YOURTAGHERE-1-XS.png

Of course just replace the YOURTAGHERE put with your Xbox Live Gamertag and it should work perfectly. biggrin.gif

sjohn

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2006, 06:10:00 PM »

That's pretty neat, I just hope people can soon add their own backgrounds to make it even more custom. Thanks DJB.

DJB

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2006, 06:16:00 PM »

We will eventually grow to support many other communities and clans, it's basically up to them to contact us and tell us what they want.

hellblazer55

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2006, 06:24:00 PM »

This is definatly going to be the new wave of custom gametags.

da-goat

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2006, 07:48:00 PM »

actually, if you could (dunno what hobbs can do as far as this..) but you could make an upload option to upload graphics to the directory in which they images are located.. it looks like you just type in the file name at the end of the url and it lets you choose which one you want.  Just make it to where it has to be a certain size (pixil wise) and certain size (storage wise).. all they would have to do is make sure they remember what they titled the image as..

just a thought..

goat

DJB

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2006, 07:39:00 PM »

QUOTE(da-goat @ Mar 20 2006, 01:19 PM) View Post

actually, if you could (dunno what hobbs can do as far as this..) but you could make an upload option to upload graphics to the directory in which they images are located.. it looks like you just type in the file name at the end of the url and it lets you choose which one you want.  Just make it to where it has to be a certain size (pixil wise) and certain size (storage wise).. all they would have to do is make sure they remember what they titled the image as..

just a thought..

goat

It might be something that he'll look into later on, I think he's just happy that he's got the first portion of it done. There's also been talk about having animated gamercards too.

da-goat

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2006, 08:31:00 PM »

well, the hard part is pretty much done.. its just graphics and things like that, that are left.. good job i say..

DJB

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2006, 08:49:00 PM »

Thanks biggrin.gif

Hopefully we'll get some responses from some more of the XS guys. I hope they like this.

impwiz

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2006, 08:50:00 PM »

I would give it a go, but my gamer score is a big zero. It would just remind me how I don't have a 360 everytime I post.  Great idea, hope to put it to use in the near future, if I can get my hands on one of those slippery premiums. smile.gif

DJB

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2006, 09:40:00 PM »

QUOTE(impwiz @ Mar 20 2006, 02:57 PM) View Post

I would give it a go, but my gamer score is a big zero. It would just remind me how I don't have a 360 everytime I post.  Great idea, hope to put it to use in the near future, if I can get my hands on one of those slippery premiums. smile.gif

The Premium package is the only way to go I think.

When I imported mine from the US over 2 months ago I wasn't going to settle for nothing less, I'm glad I made that option now, because now that the accessories are being relased in Australia (the actual console doesnt get released until March 23rd which is 3 days from now) I've realised that Australia is going to be a rip-off for Xbox 360 Games and Accessories.

Here's an example:

Xbox 360 Premium Console is $650 AUD
Xbox 360 Games are $100 AUD - $120 AUD

I got my Xbox 360 Prem, 2nd wireless controller, and 2 games for $575 US (then an extra $93 US shipping).

I think I made the right choice hehe.

deakphreak

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2006, 03:15:00 AM »

Personally i think this one is better (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

(IMG:http://www.icp4ever.com/GamerCard/cards/deak%20phreak.xs.png)

This post has been edited by deakphreak: Mar 20 2006, 11:15 AM

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2006, 11:12:00 AM »

Personally i think this one is better

I have to agree with that
Although must add I could not design either....so perhaps I should keep quiet

This post has been edited by Chancer: Mar 20 2006, 07:21 PM

forahobby

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2006, 01:08:00 PM »

Personally i think this one is better wink.gif

I agree yours is better too. I did the xbox-scene skin  in like 2 minutes. Djb added the X-S Logos and thats abuot it.. Its just to show you whats on offer guys.

I cant believe mygamercard.net doesnt offer this service.

Anyway, I could easily make a xbox-scene gamertag just like that one or i could use that one and edit it to get everything working... Just let me know X-S admins.
I will supporting alot of XBOX 360 clans in the near future and have been contacted by heaps of guys.

If X-S want there own gamercard style let me know.. Ill leave it for now.. Until i hear more from a admin of someone who can approve things.

regards,

forahobby
http://www.360-hq.com
http://www.pc-hq.com

deakphreak

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2006, 01:47:00 PM »

The dont, check the suggestions forum.

DJB

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2006, 02:48:00 PM »

deakphreak

I do agree that your gamercard is very nice, I'll give credit where it's due.

It's a shame that XS isn't looking for another alternative to the squished-up looking gamercard in the sidebar, personally I dont like it that much for a couple of reasons.

1) It's too squished, it makes it look like someone has just grabbed the original one, went into photoshop and resized it.

2) It's not original at all, it's basically a copy of the original gamercard.

May I ask where you got yours from, as I do really like it.
Pages: [1] 2