xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Minimum Connection Speed  (Read 289 times)

kycop_10

• Archived User
Minimum Connection Speed
« on: March 09, 2006, 06:47:00 PM »

i am finally able to get dsl....but i live a long ways out and they are offering dsl at a speed of 256k download 128k upload....Will this work for playing xbox live games, It is through bellsouth. I talked to MS they said there isnt a certain number they just said if you have dsl it will work, ??? they couldnt give an answer...I am just curious i will not recive my equipment to try it out till next week..
thanks

Xdox_

• Archived User
Minimum Connection Speed
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2006, 08:00:00 PM »

It will work just more likely that you'll have a slower connection on live.

xboxking14

• Archived User
Minimum Connection Speed
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2006, 04:08:00 PM »

i am seruiuoly runnin XBL on xbox 360 On DIAL UP!!! no joke u can only play with liek 4 ppl though becuase more than that it gets laggy as all hell so you can run XBL on any connection ifff u need help setting up XBl on dial up hit me up send me an PM later
-Larry

way fast CBR

• Archived User
Minimum Connection Speed
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2006, 08:44:00 PM »

rite now i have the new verizon fios service, the fiber optic line. its great, i had cable before and had no problems, and i know that is comparible to dsl. so it should work great for you, as cable did for me, but the fiber optic line from verizon is perfect. the only trouble i have is from other people and places that i am trying to conect to. any way good luck with the new conection. and game on

mamf

• Archived User
Minimum Connection Speed
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2006, 04:18:00 AM »

Hi, Your DSL connection with that specific bandwidth (128 Kbps) will work fine (tested for 12 to 14 online players wink.gif... issues such as "latency" (the reason why satellite connection are such a pain...), "NAT" (If you only have 1 valid IP address and need to expand internet access in your LAN), "download time" if you are using xbox live marketplace; which you will use wink.gif (according to your download speed you may get around 100 MB per/hour, so demo games such a DOA 4 will take probably more than 6 hours to download),... are much more important...