xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Ridge Racer 6  (Read 350 times)

Tazmanian_Devil

• Archived User
Ridge Racer 6
« on: January 21, 2006, 12:41:00 PM »

I got my copy of RR6 today and all was great playing against the CPU, but when i try to play online it is struggling like hell, looks like im only getting about 5fps and if there are more than 2 cars then its bloody unbearable.

I have turned off xbox sharing, forwarded ports and even turned off my pc but to no avail.

Does anyone else have this problem and have you fixed it.

Please let me know   (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grr.gif)

antz1970

• Archived User
Ridge Racer 6
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2006, 01:52:00 PM »

me and a m8 had this problem , both in the uk running pal machines with a ntsc copy of rr6 , both using standard composite video leads @ the time , and we found that we had to change the tv settings in dash (i cant remember what it was exactly i cant remember if it was pal50 to pal60 or pal to ntsc) but it solved our online problem (it was like you were in slow motion) , hope this helps

Tazmanian_Devil

• Archived User
Ridge Racer 6
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2006, 06:42:00 AM »

How do i change from PAL50 to PAL60 or visa versa, i have seen the option but cant remember where it is

RuthlessCrib

• Archived User
Ridge Racer 6
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2006, 06:49:00 AM »

Sorry your have so much trouble online. Anyway I was thinking about getting RR today as I like racing games, LOVE NFS Most Wanted and havent touched PGR3 since I got NFS. My opinion NFS is so much more fun. I was wondering what you guys thought of RR besides the problems you are having online?  Thank You        Rich

antz1970

• Archived User
Ridge Racer 6
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2006, 09:17:00 AM »

@ tazmanian - the settings are located in the system blade of the dashboard(i think) , under display or tv settings ,

@ ruthless , imho rr6 is a great games if you like racing and powersliding round corners(not to the extent of outrun 2 on orig xbox tho) , since i changed my settings , i have had no problem with online play , upto 14 racers in a room (good point) , also the graphics in my opinion are good , and the game moves @ a decent rate , i would deffo recommend it ,  biggrin.gif

Tazmanian_Devil

• Archived User
Ridge Racer 6
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2006, 02:12:00 PM »

THE FIX:

You must stop any sharing between your Xbox and PC. So, on your Xbox:

1) Go to the system blade
2) Choose computers
3) Choose the highlighted option (Windows-based PC or Windows Media Center)
4) Disconnect the connection.

Your online races should now be good!

Bit shit really coz you can't listen to your own music, but hey ho we cant have it all....

Juganawt

• Archived User
Ridge Racer 6
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2006, 02:34:00 PM »

Taz's suggestion works great. It also works for a few other games like DOA4.