xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Using Xbc With Call Of Duty 2  (Read 318 times)

jeffbarnett513

• Archived User
Using Xbc With Call Of Duty 2
« on: January 16, 2006, 10:18:00 PM »

I have heard reports of it being done on the xbox.com forums.  The need for it is obvious, since you cannot create and manage a private party within the XBL interface of CoD.  3 other friends of mine have the same problem.  We cannot join each other's room within XBC.  It tries to join for about 5-7 seconds and then timesout.  XBC sees the console.  Any ideas?

nectar12

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2006, 10:26:00 PM »

same problem with xlink kai as well.. supposedly it has to do with each of your pings.  you'll need something like a 30ms or lower ping to join.  I've been trying to get it working since the 360 was released and have yet to join a game.  Nobody can ever see my games if I try to host.  I can play summit strike using kai/xbconnect through the 360, so it's gotta be cod2 causing the problem.  I havent tried any other 360 game though.  That really sux though as sys link is the only way to get a good game of cod2.  Hopefully the update promised by infinity ward will make live work the way sys link is supposed to.

Desisuperman

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2006, 06:50:00 PM »

So anybody have any luck actually playign a agme of COD 2 on xbc? I tried myself and the host timed out :S. Anybody able to do this successfully?

If somebody is interested you can PM with your email address and maybe we can try to get this thing going. I want to start seeing some games on XBC for cod 2 cause of th elimitations that live has (unable to host, to name 1 problem)