xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Direct Tv On X360  (Read 393 times)

gasclown

• Archived User
Direct Tv On X360
« on: January 11, 2006, 03:19:00 PM »

this link was in the official vip club this morning.

direct tv on x360

TripseV

• Archived User
Direct Tv On X360
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2006, 09:20:00 AM »

I really don't get it. You can watch TV on your x360 which is allready plugged into a TV? wtf is the point of that, just press tv/av

Lerxst

• Archived User
Direct Tv On X360
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2006, 09:56:00 AM »

QUOTE(TripseV @ Jan 14 2006, 10:27 AM) View Post

I really don't get it. You can watch TV on your x360 which is allready plugged into a TV? wtf is the point of that, just press tv/av

I agree to an extent that most of the newer DTV/DISH recievers have built in PVR's so from that perspective the whole idea is stupid.

On the other hand for those that don't have the newer recievers and want to have the ability to record a show or download a show and watch it at a later time - that would be useful and you wouldn't have to incure the extra hardware cost.

I bet they'll charge a fee just like any Tivo service... dry.gif

It's all just another way to make money..........

JMan8108

• Archived User
Direct Tv On X360
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2006, 10:50:00 AM »

we just moved and the directv installation guy was telling us bout directv starting the gaming league or sumthin so they might be trying to completely integrate or somethin... owell just got a  new HD DVR so dont need that out of my 360... wouldnt mind having some Panthers games on my 360 tho

deacon187

• Archived User
Direct Tv On X360
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2006, 08:31:00 AM »

i kinda like the idea, for one i have my xbox 360 on a panasonic plasma monitor all by itself and DTV on a samsung 55' wide rear projection tv, for me to be able to watch a different football game on each set would be awsome, not to mention not having to pay for a second HD reciever as the xbox would act as one, dish network is the only one supplying an HD reciever for free, with DTV you have to buy one

which using the xbox as a HD reciever will also save lots of other people 200.00 from not having to buy an HD reciever

celicagt1993

• Archived User
Direct Tv On X360
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2006, 09:41:00 PM »

QUOTE(deacon187 @ Jan 16 2006, 04:38 PM) View Post

i kinda like the idea, for one i have my xbox 360 on a panasonic plasma monitor all by itself and DTV on a samsung 55' wide rear projection tv, for me to be able to watch a different football game on each set would be awsome, not to mention not having to pay for a second HD reciever as the xbox would act as one, dish network is the only one supplying an HD reciever for free, with DTV you have to buy one

which using the xbox as a HD reciever will also save lots of other people 200.00 from not having to buy an HD reciever

what they are talking about is what is coming into the media center for the PC and it's extenders....

we all know that the 360 will also be an extender for a media center computer if we have one...  as of right now, the only way to get HDTV into a media center computer, thus making it playable on the 360 also is to use an antenna and get free to air DTV...  when windows vista comes out at the end of the year, there will be two new options to get HDTV into the media center....  one is going to be cable card and the other is going to be a special STB from directv that is compatible with media center....  this page is kinda misleading as it doesn't tell you anything about media center, it just says directv and xbox 360....  but it is only if you have media center can you do this...

I have my 360 connected to a media center, and i watch my tv through my 360...  you know the green button on the media remote that looks like a window???  that's the extender...  the difference between using my 360 for my tv and pressing the tv/av button, is when i press the tv/av button, i can no longer pause, rewind, and record live tv...  with the 360 extender, i can, just like the PVR from a cable company or directv....  and i'm not having to pay for it every month or anything else...

if you want to know more about the extender built into the 360, let me know, email me a [email protected] because it seems like you guys didn't know everything the 360 does.