xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbconnect Or Xlink?  (Read 826 times)

Rustmonkey

• Archived User
Xbconnect Or Xlink?
« on: November 19, 2005, 11:45:00 AM »

So since alot of you spoiled %$#@^s have already gotten a 360 from Pepsi, Mt. Dew, or the "Who Loves My Gorilla" contest... whatever... has anyone tried out system link across Xlink or XBConncet?  I'm not really assuming it will work with the 360 games, but does it work with say Halo or Halo2???

Just a thought, not sure if this has been asked, but this looked like the logical forum to post in :)

Thanks guys!

frOOt lOOps

• Archived User
Xbconnect Or Xlink?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2005, 04:29:00 PM »

xlink has support for 360 when u start it up you can go into it last night i just just seeing and like 12 people were playin paerfect dark zero. i hope that the halo 2 america forum works with xbox and xbox 360. come and play me some halo 2 in americas forum my bro plays as CHEEZE and he is sick i play as Grim i not as good but my sniping skills are grim and twisted.

Altima NEO

• Archived User
Xbconnect Or Xlink?
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2005, 05:13:00 PM »

I tried halo 2 on xlink in the halo 2 america forums, but i couldnt see any games =/

maybe mac version of xlink isnt up to par yet

masterdave

• Archived User
Xbconnect Or Xlink?
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2005, 09:02:00 PM »

smile.gif

Altima NEO

• Archived User
Xbconnect Or Xlink?
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2005, 05:32:00 PM »

tried the pc version of xlink last night, works like a charm

sowa99

• Archived User
Xbconnect Or Xlink?
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2005, 03:19:00 PM »

xlink has support for 360 when u start it up you can go into it last night i just just seeing and like 12 people were playin paerfect dark zero.
smile.gif
anyone test more (other) games? love.gif

dalezer

• Archived User
Xbconnect Or Xlink?
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2005, 06:20:00 PM »

Sorry. Pefect Dark Zero doesn't connect on the 360. There seem to be ping limits on system links. People has managed to connect with a ping of 25 and lower. But anything higher than that will give you a "Lost Connection" error when trying to connect to a game.

Xbox Live is working fine. Just can't connect to high ping hosts. Same error. But connects most of the time.

Rage32

• Archived User
Xbconnect Or Xlink?
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2005, 08:44:00 AM »

Halo 2 works just fine with my Xbox 360 on Xlink kai in Americas.

This post has been edited by Rage32: Dec 1 2005, 04:46 PM

scienide

• Archived User
Xbconnect Or Xlink?
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2005, 02:34:00 AM »

QUOTE(dalezer @ Nov 25 2005, 01:51 AM) View Post

Sorry. Pefect Dark Zero doesn't connect on the 360. There seem to be ping limits on system links. People has managed to connect with a ping of 25 and lower. But anything higher than that will give you a "Lost Connection" error when trying to connect to a game.

Xbox Live is working fine. Just can't connect to high ping hosts. Same error. But connects most of the time.

hmm.... dalezer is [thc]w33d ??

I noticed it ... too bad... i think MS is trying to kill kai..

they are succeeding too sad.gif(

GLORY

• Archived User
Xbconnect Or Xlink?
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2006, 10:57:00 PM »

XBOX 360 for XBConnect works just fine, I heard of only 1 game that didn't work, but XBC provides a help channel, and also forums for all ur needs. Personaly i have tried XLink and wasn't quiet satisfied with there support. for more info visit: www.xbconnect.com

Kernal69er

• Archived User
Xbconnect Or Xlink?
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2006, 07:23:00 PM »

Last time i used XB Connect there were no players only a few on halo2 and Xlink Kai has limited players too, so i went back to xbox live. Has this changed? Are there players on there now?

Kernal69er

• Archived User
Xbconnect Or Xlink?
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2006, 07:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(Kernal69er @ Feb 25 2006, 09:54 PM) View Post

Last time i used XB Connect there were no players only a few on halo2 and Xlink Kai has limited players too, so i went back to xbox live. Has this changed? Are there players on there now?

Nope still ZERO, only few people on there are playing Halo2 (FUCK put the game down and buy a new one)

nightmare84j28

• Archived User
Xbconnect Or Xlink?
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2006, 07:42:00 AM »

Yeah its true, hardly anything is played on XBConnect anymore, just halo 2  dry.gif

And they all snipe.  blink.gif

johnodd

• Archived User
Xbconnect Or Xlink?
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2006, 03:48:00 AM »

i wouldn't use any of these

this is what i call being a cheap person and taking a nasty risk on your xbox 360 lets say that someone flashes a bios on a original xbox and attaches the xbox 360 kill program to that bios the program i have seen issues a command to the 360 and cause the 360s network functions to freeze quite anoying also they can gain access to your hard drive and steal info including your xbox live account off of xlink kai and xb connect so you might want to think twice before using this