xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: How Do I Keep My Discs from Getting Scratched?  (Read 5012 times)

NineLime

• Archived User
How Do I Keep My Discs from Getting Scratched?
« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2010, 04:19:00 AM »

QUOTE(40_ounce @ May 22 2009, 11:18 PM) View Post

I use the D-Skins and love them. Now that we can download the full game to our harddrive the dvd drive doesn't have to access the disc as much anymore. I know you are going to say,"weel I have 50 games and I cant download them all to my harddrive" What I do is just download the games that I play the most. Also It wouldn't hurt to gt a 120gig hdd from ebay or fry's or whereever you shop then just "hack" it to use on the xbox 360. Thats what I did....

I can fit 38 games on my 250gb jtagged 360, total cost of the hard drive plus shell $60

But yeah, if you don't want to scratch your discs just put the console sideways and put the game(s) you play the most on the hard drive. I wouldn't bother with those pads from llama, but just be careful.

If you keep your console vertical it is more prone to scratching and it's also more prone to crack the center of the disc. Same things happen when you carry your xbox from it's place when it's off when there's still a disc inside, this is how my second halo 3 disc cracked, because I always carried my console on the train in my backpack weekly with the disc inside for months and months haha. The first one was cracked by the case it came in as it had a metal spindle.

GSCOMPS

• Archived User
« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2010, 07:09:00 PM »

If your discs are scratched my place of work has a disc buffer which is the same model and brand that several game stores use and the bonus is we only charge half what they want.  Just PM me if you or anyone needs help with a disc.

harrisralph86

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2010, 10:23:00 AM »

I always keep my consoles horizontal. Though vertical position is more space friendly, physics would tell you it's not stable that way. Also, if you should try to clean your CDs, say thinking it's dusty and stuff, use a soft cloth. Try going for CD cleaning towels. Don't try tissue. Please. If you don't have those, grab the ones used for glasses.

DON'T put any liquids on it save the CD cleaning stuff. Though I really don't trust those. Most of the time people have the habit of wetting the thing then wiping, turning the dirt which could have been dry wiped into something short of dust mud. X_x Sorry for the lack of a better term there.

asics shoes

• Archived User
« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2010, 03:07:00 AM »

en ,,great

IDSKoT

• Archived User
« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2011, 10:05:00 AM »

I don't really take "precautions". My Xbox is sideways, out of the way, and I keep my games in the top of a CD Spindle. I put an old PS1 game on the bottom, and then stacked the rest of my games on top. I've been playing for Months now of constantly looking through that growing stack and I haven't had one game scratch on me.

EcBronx

• Archived User
« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2011, 12:09:00 PM »

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Mar 23 2006, 08:44 PM) View Post

There have been many reports of discs getting scratched, or cracked from the Xbox 360 DVD drives.

MOST of those are due not to faulty consoles but user error, failure to read the product documentation, and failure to use common sense.

Aside from making sure you put each game back in its case you can get a Xbox 360 case like this, http://www.facebook....4...e=1 and that should protect the xbox from tip overs, shacking or bumping.

boflc

• Archived User
« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2011, 09:38:00 AM »

when i first saw the above facebook link, i was reminded of another facebook profile that may provide an extremely effective solution to not getting your originals scratched:

http://www.facebook....-Tag/1844544866

nightmareZz

• Archived User
« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2011, 05:37:00 AM »

i keep my disk in cd carrycases and install my games on hdd

Darkslipstream

• Archived User
« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2011, 07:42:00 PM »

Same.

morkel61

• Archived User
« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2020, 09:54:00 AM »

hen you ordinal get your console place a circle in there that you don't fixture roughly. A Toughened CD or DVD, if your console doesn't lesion this round then you'll belike be safe for the beingness of your housing. Supported on reports consoles don't honourable advantage scratching discs, they either always mash them, on never excoriation them (with the exception of user mistake). If you're worried your new housing strength wound discs out of the box, judge it out with any inconsequential backups of CDs or DVD movies (that's what backups are for).

office chair
office chairs
furniture melbourne
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]