xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: Sharing Data from PC to Xbox 360  (Read 6874 times)

kof2002

• Archived User
Sharing Data from PC to Xbox 360
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2005, 06:02:00 AM »

it might be only MEDIA CENTER EDITION as i have pcs running xp pro sp2 , xp home sp2 and MCE 2005 and MCE is the only one with the windows update patch that says update for connectivity with xbox360.

rastaman

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2005, 01:09:00 PM »

it has to be mce 2005 I think, thats what I have running and I was able to connect to the xbox, but now I can no longer connect, even after reinstalling ghe connection porgram.

digitalhigh

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2005, 06:34:00 AM »

Hey, folks.  I did a bit of digging this mornin' and the outlook is so/so.  Got this report from MS website:

Q. What audio and video file formats are supported by Media Center Extender devices?

A. Media Center Extender devices support a number of audio and video file formats for play back through TV displays and home entertainment systems.

Audio file formats supported:

Windows Media Audio Standard 7 through 9
WMA standard audio may be Windows Media DRM-protected
Windows Media Audio Pro and WMA Lossless
MP3
Playback of other audio formats may be enabled by installing a compatible DirectShow decoder on the Media Center PC
Video file formats supported:

Windows Media Video 9 main profile

WMA Standard audio
Max resolution 720x480
Max bit-rate 4Mbps
WMV content may be Windows Media DRM-protected
MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 standard definition

MPEG-1 layers I and II audio
Standard Definition DVR_MS (Recorded TV) at all quality settings (Fair through Best)

It says that other audio formats may be enabled by installing a compatible directshow...perhaps the same holds true for Video?  I sure as hell ain't rippin all my avi's and .bins to wmv.  Bastards.  Even if this is the case...somebody's bound to make a hack for it.  The .bins can be mounted with daemon, solving that particular problem.  Still not as handy as XBMC, but...

Full page here:

http://www.MS.com/wi...tender/faq.mspx

png6

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2005, 10:16:00 AM »

I can confirm that my xbox360 cant play ANY videofile shared with windows media connect. It seems that it can only handle pictures and MP3's. Im very disapointed, and longing for a mod-chip to save the day. Im also missing native shoutcast/streaming web radio support.. and im not really impressed by the one game I could get a hold of either.. Call of duty 2.

Pantera Opeth

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2005, 08:31:00 PM »

In case there are people out there who haven't noticed:  The pictures you have on your PC can also be set as background images on the Xbox 360.  Once you have the files shared with your 360 simply go to Media>Pictures, choose the PC, digital camera, etc.. Find the picture you want to use and highlight it, then press X.  It will automatically "refresh" and be your background, but when you restart the Xbox it will take a few seconds to load the image up.

Hope I'm not too late in noticing this feature.

Here's a terrible quality picture of my 360 dashboard.
(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v347/PanteraOpeth/Other/Picture1.jpg)

chumbucket

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2005, 11:15:00 PM »

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) thanks for the info

3rdnfnlbst

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2005, 05:34:00 PM »

if you try to play video on the 360 from your computer (XP Home SP2 confirmed) it will not work.  If you go into the dashboard, where it says media, and you can choose from Music, Photos, Video....etc.  If you read the side panel, it clearly says, Video- Watch Movie Trailers and other videos on your **Xbox 360's Hard Drive.**  But with Music and Photo's you have the option to log into a computer.

This post has been edited by 3rdnfnlbst: Dec 31 2005, 01:35 AM

VinnySem

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2006, 09:09:00 AM »

With MCE 2005, can I play my home-authored DVD files (*.ifo & *.vob) on the 360?

pepper63

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2006, 12:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(Infamous_One @ Jun 9 2005, 08:34 AM) *

I have seen this question around , on how will the X360 connect to your PC and Share the Compatible data. I heard some say that you must have a Windows Media Center PC , thats false , you can use any Windows XP based PC.

Facts Sheet
And if you have all the updates including SP2 on WinXP Pro or Home editions , you might notice an Icon called Windows Media Connect located in your Control Panel.

(IMG:http://img255.echo.cx/img255/292/wmc4yc.png)

(IMG:http://img255.echo.cx/img255/3756/wmc11jo.png)

(IMG:http://img255.echo.cx/img255/4716/wmc25qm.png)

So i guess this will also be used with XBox360 and be able to share your data with the console.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

i don't know how or where topost this but i want to know if there's a way i can get fightnight 3 Ntsc to play on PAL.Sorry if it's wrong thread.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

Tie Wrap

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2006, 01:14:00 AM »

great post.  biggrin.gif  very informational. been seeing this question in different forums and thread but dont have a clear overview of the process. thanks for the tips.

pop.gif

St0mP

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2006, 01:49:00 PM »

I have been using this http://www.videora.com/en-us/Converter/Xbox360/ to convert my video divx xvid etc. for it to stream from a media center to the xbox. there is also some info on the side on how to get you DVDs to it also

unr3al

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2006, 09:24:00 PM »

ummmm...  I was able to stream music and pictures using Windows XP but I was NOT able to stream video and trust me my attempts were persistent.  Once I reformatted and installed a copy of Windows XP Media Center edition it worked no problem.

MikeAkehurst

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2006, 09:35:00 AM »

I just got this set up yesterday, and its making Need For Speed more fun.  No more rubbish music biggrin.gif

BSitz

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2006, 12:29:00 PM »

Anyone know how to get the snes emulator to work through media center and on your 360

darKPlay

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2006, 04:27:00 AM »

Hi to all you guys who have taken the time to supply such an extensive and mind bogling amount of information for me to read!

However, I am not technical in anyway what-so-ever and only use the 360 for games.

I can see the potential for being able to stream all my media (music and phots) to my xbox and would like to know how to do it.

I spent roughly 45minutes on the phone to xbox tech support and am still unable to connect, here is some information you might need to properly help me:

Im running a windows XP home edition with SP2
I have the latest version of Media Connect
I have added TCPs 2869 and 10243 and UDP 1900, 10280 - 10284 (inc) to my firewall exception list.
I am using a BT voyager 205 router, BT tell me that if Im conecting to XBOX live and my PC is connecting to the internet, then there is no reason why these two shouldn't link the PC to 360.
I am running the latest version of .net framework with the SP
I havw sworn at both PC and 360 and threatened them with 3 hammers of various size!
Please help me, I am now getting to the point where I am actually thinking of letting it win!

I would really appreciate any help you can give me as I am about to lse it big style!

Thanking you in advance

D
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11