xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: *moved* Ck3 Lite+probe W/serial Connection  (Read 63 times)

XKalibr

• Archived User
*moved* Ck3 Lite+probe W/serial Connection
« on: November 28, 2010, 02:33:00 PM »

I have a virgin Lite-On 7 drive.
I have all the drivers installed (PortIO32, Disabled VIA) so on.
The CK3 Lite is hooked up properly. DB9 -> CK3 Board -> Molex -> Power to Drive+Probe etc.
The board lights up with the blue light as opposed to red which is the other Mode.
I have both Blue and Green lights on probe when inserted into R707 (Bright Neon Green Light, not the dull green)
I cleaned the PCB and i have plenty of contact cleaned.
I have the drive put into vendor mode by sliding the tray in while powered off. It is powered off through the CK3.
All the steps leading up to DVDKey32 seems to be correct. I have read through many other posts. So, I have tried power cycle on Windows Boot method, I have unwrapped the cables leading to the probe. I have power cycled numerous different ways. I have checked BIOS to ensure that my Serial port is activated. However, in Bios (Asus M2N SLI Deluxe board) I do not have the option to enable or disable COM1.
When I load up JF'er I can see in the right pane for Com Port
Port:COM1
Type:Standard
Name:Communications Port

I am lost now, I just continue to recieve Warning Bad Serial Data regardless of what I do. I am certain the probe and kit are fine. There just has to be something on my pc or the drive itself which is causing the problem.

Thankyou in advance for any help! This has been very frustrating.