xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: "pursuit Of Other Legal Remedies By Microsoft"  (Read 142 times)

chorizo1

• Archived User
"pursuit Of Other Legal Remedies By Microsoft"
« on: November 11, 2009, 06:44:00 PM »

ask a lawyer, a bunch of peeps on a public forum cannot give you any real advice on this.

sofa king dumb

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 08:37:00 PM »

yeah man there gonna sue 1 million people rolleyes.gif

EDIT: as far the credit card, you may want to make sure that your live account is no set on auto-renewal. this is when you first buy live off live, and it is set to bill your credit card for more months once it runs out. you can fix it on xbox.com.....unless of course you gamertag is banned as well, then you dont got to worry about anything.

DemisesAngel

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 09:26:00 PM »

I highly (highly!) doubt they will pursue anyone to file charges against those modded their console to play games. Even those who "illegally downloaded" it would still be somewhat safe because ISP's are not allowed to give away information regarding what users have coming in and out of their computers.

Regarding your credit card still being registered to your account, you can go onto your XBox Live Account (XBox.com) and remove the credit card information.

lsbeuromix

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2009, 01:58:00 AM »

QUOTE(mat82284 @ Nov 12 2009, 09:41 AM) View Post

I wouldn't be surprised if microsoft gets sued by EBgames/Gamestop ect... Since they accept all these second hand consoles and now microsoft has banned so many of them, i wouldn't be surprised if all used consoles sold at game stores are banned. Microsoft better come up with a program for those companies to be able to unban the systems or else we'll see some legal action from someone. I hope microsoft gets sued by them. We have legal rights to be able to trade in our used systems or sell used systems. By microsoft banning that many systems it will make people only buy new instead of used. Crippling the used market (monoply to control market). I'm sure a lawsuit will come about in the years to come.

good point....what would gamestop do when that console was returned by a potentially furious customer??

mat82284

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2009, 01:05:00 PM »

QUOTE(lsbeuromix @ Nov 12 2009, 08:58 AM) View Post

good point....what would gamestop do when that console was returned by a potentially furious customer??

We'll according to there return policy they would have to honor the return, but that would mean huge losses on there part. So the next step would be to make Microsoft unban those xbox's (ship them in) so they can resell them, or they would open up a lawsuit against them, Since this hurts there business big time. Who would ever buy another system from them if they knew there was a chance of getting one that wont play on live.

dye4metal

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2009, 05:36:00 PM »

it would be like any rights company going after you for piracy. some people own the game and or music and some dont. if you legally own the copy you can do whatever you want with it as long as it stays with you... so making your own xbox 360 copies can allow you to be legal.. correct me if im wrong?

fordtool82

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2009, 06:27:00 PM »

My friend tried to sell one at gamestop but they check to makes sure everything works including LIVE