xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Question On The Xbox 360 Intercooler  (Read 327 times)

parker955

• Archived User
Question On The Xbox 360 Intercooler
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2009, 05:24:00 PM »

If you had proper cooling for the cpu and gpu plus the ram ana chip plus many other things then it'll last pretty long imo.

If you water cooled a xeon and put some good sized heatsinks on all the chips then it'll last pretty long I would believe since there's less heat warping the board.

2 Bunny

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2009, 06:41:00 PM »

It seems we have a bit of a dispute here as to the cause. Are there any experienced, like super technician people that know?

- 2 Bunny

insanityforall

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2009, 09:14:00 PM »

I have a dispute.  The Jasper is NOT RROD proof.  They have been out for about a year and they DO RROD.  I have personally reflowed about a dozen already.  (Over half of them where 0110 error's, which I found funny considering they eliminated the Ram TSOPs on the bottom of the board.)  But they where much easier to reflow since I didn't have to worry about clamping the opposite side down to prevent it from falling off during the reflow.  

Yes, I do AGREE the Jasper is the best version out there.  But I HATE it when I read a Jasper isn't going to RROD on you.  After 1 year about 12 Jasper consoles reflowed.  About 1 year after the Falcon board I was sitting probably closer to 100.  

And if you're curious most of the falcons I reflowed where e-74 repairs.  Xenon and Zephyr consoles are the ones where I tend to get the WIDE range of different secondary error codes on.    

If you want a RROD proof console write a letter to your congressman and tell them to lift the restrictions that prevent lead from being used in electronics that children will be around.  It's just our govt. blaming the school systems they screwed up on "Autism" caused by our toys.  I.E. I ate lots of lead paint as a kid, I still have all ten of my toes!   jester.gif

Derfuhrer

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2009, 09:46:00 PM »

Gents...

IMO only the Whispermax/ XCM Core Cooler fans are any good. Whether your console 'needs' it depends on the version.

Xenon - definately!
Falcon - good to have!
Jasper - wow blue lights!

The only way to permanantly resolve the red ring issue is a complete BGA reballing....essentially replacing inferior quality lead free solder with good quality leaded type. Then reducing stress on the mobo by performing the 'Hybrid X-clamp fix'

2 Bunny

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2009, 03:31:00 PM »

QUOTE(Derfuhrer @ Oct 25 2009, 11:46 PM) View Post
Gents...

IMO only the Whispermax/ XCM Core Cooler fans are any good. Whether your console 'needs' it depends on the version.

Xenon - definately!
Falcon - good to have!
Jasper - wow blue lights!

The only way to permanantly resolve the red ring issue is a complete BGA reballing....essentially replacing inferior quality lead free solder with good quality leaded type. Then reducing stress on the mobo by performing the 'Hybrid X-clamp fix'

So, what makes those fans better than the Intercooler?

- 2 Bunny

Derfuhrer

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2009, 08:47:00 PM »

So, what makes those fans better than the Intercooler?

Apart from the reasons already discussed in the thread Im doubtful that there has been much thought put into the design. Slapping extra fans on the back will prob do more to impede airflow rather than lower operating temp as the 360 was never designed with this in mind. If you replace the 360 fan or add in an XCM you know that its going to push more air by design. Also they are bulky, look ugly and can be noisy. A whispermax has a switch, XCM v2 is quiet as two smaller fans make less noise than one larger fan.
Pages: 1 [2]