xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Does Lite-on Tray Need To Be 1/2 Open For Erasing & Flashing  (Read 120 times)

0wn4g3

• Archived User
Does Lite-on Tray Need To Be 1/2 Open For Erasing & Flashing
« on: January 16, 2009, 01:00:00 AM »

u can erase and flash in dos.  and i'm pretty sure the tray doesn't have to half open to erase or flash

Martinchris23

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 08:39:00 AM »

Correct - the half-open tray is only needed to dump the keys. once you've got em, just close the tray, erase and flash the drive.

Nexi

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2009, 09:40:00 AM »

QUOTE(alcatone @ Jan 16 2009, 02:56 AM) View Post

Also, when I do the erase I would like to do that in DOS so computer does not freeze.

If you have freezing issues in Windows there might be a solution for you. After you click on erase and you're supposed to turn the drive on and off, flip the power switch on and off quickly. By quick I mean in under 1 second. That should get drive response without freezing up your PC. Let me know if it works for you.

Nexi

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2009, 10:21:00 AM »

I don't delete or uninstall anything when installing Port32IO. There's no need to play with tray position, halfway open is just fine, doesn't need to be exact. If you're using a molex from the PC then it should be getting enough power. If you want to check for power just hit the eject button on the CK2 and see if the drive opens and closes.

The CK2 eject button is in the closed position when you're trying to get the drive detected, correct?

woody21_1

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2009, 12:32:00 PM »

i leave the tray half open to read, erase and flash liteons, never had a problem.
i do the same with benq as well.

alcatone

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2009, 12:39:00 AM »

Ok, I am begging anyone to be able to help me with this. I have literally spent over 24 hours solid for a couple weeks trying to get it to dump. I just don't understand because the first drive that I had no problem dumping the keys. With this one it gives the details under the properties and the correct PORTs are set. I have the PORT32IO installed with the CK3 drivers. If I try to boot up with IPREP I get Cannot Inquire or something similar. The drive is half open with the probe lite up on R707. Can someone please give me a solution to this?