xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: "open Tray" Error After Flash  (Read 63 times)

nickds

• Archived User
"open Tray" Error After Flash
« on: January 27, 2008, 04:39:00 PM »

Hi everyone, this is my first post so please be gentle!

After reading up on all the tutorials to flash my drive i gave it a go. My Xbox 360 was bought of ebay as faulty (3 Red lights of death), ive repaired that problem succesfully so i wanted to flash my drive.

My first flash attempt was using iPrep and iXtreme 1.4. I sucessfully flashed my drive but when i came to play a game nothing happened, i just kept getting the "Open Tray" message on the dashboard. Same message appeared for Original games, backup copied games and DVD films. Strangely though when i inserted an audio CD that played.

I then reflashed back to my original bin file and tried games, the same thing happened above. I then checked my key code had been dumped correctly using KDX, everything seemed fine. So i then flashed the drive to Xtreme 5.3. Still the same problem.

My drive is a Samsung-Toshiba H943, with FW ms25. To be truthful i bad flashed it a couple of times so what i explained above took quite a bit of effort with 10sec method etc, but im now sat with a working 360 which boots no problem and will play audio cds, but not games.

Any help would be greatly appreciated (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)