xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Ms28 Drive Not Detected  (Read 33 times)

saldasyl

• Archived User
Ms28 Drive Not Detected
« on: August 23, 2007, 04:10:00 PM »

hello guys im tryin to flash my ms28 drive i bought the via VIA VT6421A chipset .. and connected my box to the sata port . i have tried connecting the sata cable to the external port and the internal one which is closest to the external port.  havent tried the far right one.   what am i doing wrong here? i have made the iprep usb stick as by the tutorial. mktfkash is not ready to detect the drive .. need help here please am goin crazy lol.

.:Dino:.

• Archived User
Ms28 Drive Not Detected
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 05:15:00 PM »

Hi there, i had the exact same problem. As soon as i tried the far right, nearest to the front of the pc port it detected no problem whatsoever, im fairly certain this is the most likely reason.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) I take it your using bad flash method, if so then use textbooks guide, just plug the sata into the via port on the far right, then power on the pc and xbox with the sata loose out of the xbox. At dos plug it in and run idump, it will list the drive xtreme hopefully. Now turn the xbox off and hit the xtreme drive, it will fail, then wait 10 secs and turn the xbox back on and it should automatically start dumping .Repeat this using method using iflash. Good luck.

This post has been edited by .:Dino:.: Aug 24 2007, 12:17 AM

saldasyl

• Archived User
Ms28 Drive Not Detected
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2007, 12:28:00 PM »

QUOTE(.:Dino:. @ Aug 24 2007, 12:15 AM) *

Hi there, i had the exact same problem. As soon as i tried the far right, nearest to the front of the pc port it detected no problem whatsoever, im fairly certain this is the most likely reason.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) I take it your using bad flash method, if so then use textbooks guide, just plug the sata into the via port on the far right, then power on the pc and xbox with the sata loose out of the xbox. At dos plug it in and run idump, it will list the drive xtreme hopefully. Now turn the xbox off and hit the xtreme drive, it will fail, then wait 10 secs and turn the xbox back on and it should automatically start dumping .Repeat this using method using iflash. Good luck.

thanks a million mate it worked !