xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: I Don't Have A Backup Of My Original Firmware. How Can I Flash A N  (Read 33 times)

DjMorphos

• Archived User

The title is pretty explanatory by itself.

I bought an already modified 360 and I can't find the owner to get the original fw. Is there any way I can flash my 360 without the original fw?

Thanks in advance

cerealkillajme

• Archived User
I Don't Have A Backup Of My Original Firmware. How Can I Flash A N
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 08:33:00 AM »

PINNED TOPICS

FROM THAT PINNED TOPIC
I lost my key (original firmware):

First there are no excuses wink.gif for not keeping one copy safe, (and printing one to protect against lost of your PC/HDisk). What you can do now will depend if you can still communicate with your drive to re-extract the key.

1. How to recover your X360 drive key: You will find in that thread how to get your key, if feasible.
   2. For a drive where the key cannot be recovered, you have lost the associated X360 motherboard. Your options are to replace your motherboard (see Xbox360 BST and obviously depending on your technical skills rolleyes.gif ), or acquire a new x360 (maybe just a Core and reuse your X360 harddrive). The key cannot be recovered from the motherboard.

Posts on this subject should be kept in the thread mentioned above in the Newbie Chat .

Moving to newbie chat...

sosotiit

• Archived User
I Don't Have A Backup Of My Original Firmware. How Can I Flash A N
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 05:09:00 PM »

NikkiRock

read the rules: no link to firmware, hacked or original (copyright).

-soso