xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Confused:s Not Compatible With Mtk Flash?  (Read 26 times)

pussyluvva

• Archived User
Confused:s Not Compatible With Mtk Flash?
« on: May 23, 2007, 10:29:00 AM »

hello all
it's been a while since i posted here. been looking for the last 48 hrs now and i seem to be stuck. i'm trying to flash my sons 360 i did my own but his is a different drive. the drive i'm trying to flash is a ms28 . i've never flashed a drive on my current pc and it has no sata ports, so i bought a via vt6421a pci card, i've installed this. i open xtreme boot maker (v0.3.6.14220) then open the firmware box which i then put my firmware file into i then tick the box use custom mtkflash under this box it shows via vt6421 raid controller, i then tick both boxes (ms28 bad flash compatibility and apply boke's patch for ms28 drives) but when i click detect id-i/o if does a loading type screen says generating ms32 info then a box comes up saying not compatible with mtkflash....am i doing this wrong? should i have the box hooked up to my pc first? do i need to change anything in the pc bios?  i'm sure i'll get a reply as you guys on here are the best so a thank you in advance to all contributors (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

xboxfan003

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 12:53:00 AM »

i had the same problem but fixed it:

Make sure:

You update your card to the latest driver
Go to your Motherboard's bios, change the SATA adapter mode to "enhanced".  I think the default mode is "auto" which won't work.  If "enhanced" won't work for you, then try different mode.

pussyluvva

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 01:17:00 AM »

thanks for the info mate i will give it a try later on today and let you know how i get on ...thanks again (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

pussyluvva

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2007, 04:15:00 AM »

tried new drivers...still no joy....i think i'm beaten.....for now will have a try again in a few days when i'm in the mood cos i cant think straight when it's annoying me...don't understand i know it's only a problem with getting my sata card working properly