xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61]

Author Topic: Opened A Xbox To Find A Hitachi-lg Dvdrom  (Read 2829 times)

andrew900ca

• Archived User
Opened A Xbox To Find A Hitachi-lg Dvdrom
« Reply #900 on: January 14, 2006, 08:22:00 PM »

i have the HItachi/LG dvd-rom i used to have a tomson and i used to have a problem with loading a game. it would freeze at game menu. it seems like the hitachi is the same thing. now im not even sure if its the dvd-rom problem or the mother board or something. my xbox is a version 1.0 and i took it off a version 1.6 or 1.6b don't know but the date of the hitachi drive that i have is 2005 so its actully pretty new. but can anyone tell me what the problem is for my xbox. it freezes at the menu. i tried installing a 1.6 mother board and powersupply. but we didnt get to finish because i fried my power supply. for my modchip i use xenium ice solder, with usb. if anyone could help me please it would be great.

Thanks  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy.gif)

QUOTE(Maverick-DBZ- @ Jul 9 2005, 09:35 PM) *

Has anyone tried loading Dual Layer Media on the modified drive? My Samsung 616T drive wouldn't read my DL discs. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

yea i have. i got the game Matrix Path of Neo. in dual layer... seems fine to me.

Richter77

• Archived User
« Reply #901 on: January 16, 2006, 06:40:00 AM »

hi Guys

I hope someone found the READY Signal on the PCB on a 8164b Modell.
I want to built one in my second Xbox cause the Org Drive is broken.
I dont need Orginal Media for this xbox, just want it to load my Backups.

I found LDIN , LDOUT , and EJECT.. these are near together... but i had no luck to found the READY sad.gif

Please Help sad.gif((

andrew900ca

• Archived User
« Reply #902 on: January 16, 2006, 01:59:00 PM »

well i don't know about you guys but my Hitachi-LG dvd rom is working with the CD-R i can save music on my hardrive and play it from the cd and stuff no problem. but i still cant play some of my games... don't know what the problem is yet...

andrew900ca

• Archived User
« Reply #903 on: January 16, 2006, 04:37:00 PM »

QUOTE(otherguy @ Dec 21 2004, 01:59 PM) View Post

I can verify this as being true. I modded a machine i got last night - straight from my local FYE store - mfg date was 2004-11-20 I believe.  It was also a 1.6 machine with samsung ram..  it had a white dvd cable instead of the normal yellow or brown one.

Everything seemed to go smoothly with it though.

here's some pics i got.
IPB Image

IPB Image

sorry for the huge-ness - i dont have photoshop on this machine

I dont know about your date but mine is JUNE 2005... and do you have to upgrade the firmware or something... im not sure how if u do.

Gilgamesh20

• Archived User
« Reply #904 on: January 26, 2006, 12:34:00 PM »

I modified my pc drive : LG GDR 8163B with the ''The poor boy's drive'' guide from www.paccforce.de (this guide is in xbox-scene I think.

My drive is a new one : February 2005
I used the 8050L_FW_Flasher_FIXED.

First I Flashed the drive with a 3½ disk. I think the flashing process where ok. No error message apeared.

Then I followed the rest of the guide but, I didnt find the 09 ''data'' points to solder. I soldered 12v, 5v, GND, GND, EJECT, CD READY, TRAY IN and TRAY OUT. 8 wires like in the guide.

When I connected the drive in the xbox. The loading sequence betwen the M$ logo and the Dashboard took like 4 minutes!! Everything load super slow.. And when I get in he Xecuter 3 bios with the 256k backup. no dvd drive is detected. Nothing show up in the drive section excepting this message :

'' BooUdeReadData data not ready...

1: Drive not detected ''

Could this be the 09 Data points to solder on the pcb ? But in the all the guide, there is no mention of the data point.

Or

Could this be a bad firmware flash ?.. Could someone tell me step by step how we do a good boot disk ? should I use a cd w for that ? I cant seams to flash from windows with the ''GDR-8050L0012.exe'' program.

Windows XP detect a LG GDR 8050L drive but not the xbox..

please help!

This post has been edited by Gilgamesh20: Jan 26 2006, 08:49 PM

pumck

• Archived User
« Reply #905 on: March 11, 2006, 03:05:00 AM »

Hi guys. I have Lg gdr-81638 PC DVD-rom and i would make it to read the original xbox games...
can i do that?
can someone help me please.

On my Xbox i have a dead Philips DVD and i want to make  Lg gdr-81638 PC DVD-rom for read originals...
If i can use a firmware to do that...where can i find it?

Please reply to my message...thanx to everyone

masuta

• Archived User
« Reply #906 on: July 07, 2006, 04:37:00 PM »

QUOTE(nachomans @ Sep 30 2005, 02:02 PM) View Post

I have similar problems..I´ve modded two LG, but in all the cases...all work perfectly for a half hour or less...then I get skipping in DVD video and DRE en xbox games....its an overheating problem or the LG drive itself....any ideas what can i do? huh.gif

I have done 2 of the 8163B and I feel it is a great drive.  I currnetly have one in a v1.1 and use it to play games as well as for a media center to play avi's off a dvd-r.  I have used it for hours at a time with no problems.  Xbox cpu sits on about 51-52*C or 55*C in xbmc as I have set auto fan control at 55.  Mostly it is sitting on 16-18% fan speed.

perrin26

• Archived User
« Reply #907 on: July 18, 2006, 06:56:00 AM »

I have looked everywhere for an exact answer.  I have read most of the forum for the years that this post has been going on, but only mentions of the problem I have and unclear solutions.  I would really appreciate if someone can help me.

I have the GDR 8163B
I started to use the tutorial on putting this pc drive into my xbox and stumbled when it came to flashing.
I have the sf8163.exe and the 8050l.dld which came from 8050l_fw_flasher_fixed.rar
the instructions didn't really tell you HOW to flash the drive, just to make a boot disk and do it from dos
I tried several ways.  I made a boot disk for dos from xp,  I made a boot disk for dos 6 with and without dvd support
I made a boot cd and booted from that.

my problem is, i have used the command listed in the tutorial
Both with the 2 for master on the secondary ide
and without to have it scan for it
as well as tried the suggestion of /r

the results for everything but /r was:
NO CD/DVD
/r Drive returns an error.  The dvd drive still thinks it's a 8163 and boots.

Am I missing something here?

War_Machine

• Archived User
« Reply #908 on: July 18, 2006, 10:12:00 AM »

found one of the hitachi drives in my girls box

it plays dvd+, dvd-, dvd+rw, ill try a cd later

zerocool_91

• Archived User
« Reply #909 on: August 18, 2006, 12:22:00 PM »

i have a hitachi drive in my refurb. xbox seems to work ok for me.  

p.s. I still like the samsung better. HEHE biggrin.gif

chuey_316

• Archived User
« Reply #910 on: November 02, 2006, 12:58:00 AM »

i know this thread hasn't been posted in for a couple months, but it seems like the right spot.

i used the 8050l_fw_flasher_fixed from xbins. it said it flashed fine, but my pc will not recognize the drive and the led stays on unless there is a dvd in the drive.

i tried to make the boot disk from this thread and edited the autoexec and made the 4 bat files, but when i run it it says no cd/dvd drive. i added /r and it starts the rcovery mode flashing but ends in a couple seconds saying that the drive responded with an error.

Is there anything i can do? I hope so as i just got this drive today, followed the tutorials here and now i have a paperweight. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

The Zep Man

• Archived User
« Reply #911 on: November 02, 2006, 02:46:00 AM »

QUOTE(chuey_316 @ Nov 2 2006, 10:13 AM) View Post

i know this thread hasn't been posted in for a couple months, but it seems like the right spot.

i used the 8050l_fw_flasher_fixed from xbins. it said it flashed fine, but my pc will not recognize the drive and the led stays on unless there is a dvd in the drive.

i tried to make the boot disk from this thread and edited the autoexec and made the 4 bat files, but when i run it it says no cd/dvd drive. i added /r and it starts the rcovery mode flashing but ends in a couple seconds saying that the drive responded with an error.

Is there anything i can do? I hope so as i just got this drive today, followed the tutorials here and now i have a paperweight. sad.gif
I don't know what you are trying to do with what type of hardware for what reason. huh.gif

chuey_316

• Archived User
« Reply #912 on: November 02, 2006, 10:42:00 AM »

Well, same as just about any other 8163b post.

i used the 8050l_fw_flasher_fixed to flash the drives firmware to that of a 8050l, for use in a xbox.

i have figured out my problem out however. the dirve was set as secondary master, was attached to secondary master, and flashed fine. after hours and hours of trying to figure out why my pc would no longer recognize the drive, and the drive would return errors when trying to restore the 8163b firmware, i changed the jumper to cable select, and all is fine.

pc recognizes the drive as an 8050l, and reads all but cdr. The led however still stays on constant, but i'm weeding through 1000's of post and getting to that, not that i care too much about the led being on, just so long as it works.

Not sure about the cable select thing and why it worked as the setting were correct in the first place, but after flash that's the only way it was seen.

Barney_1

• Archived User
« Reply #913 on: November 02, 2006, 08:25:00 PM »

This post links the the tutorial you need.

If you still have questions, start a new thread for this.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61]