xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Xbox 360 HDD Transfer Cable in the Wild  (Read 743 times)

The Zep Man

• Archived User
Xbox 360 HDD Transfer Cable in the Wild
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2007, 12:36:00 AM »

QUOTE(ferrari_rulz_02 @ Apr 20 2007, 08:12 AM) View Post

the reason why they don't do that is restrictions with the content that you download.
Well, it's only security through obscurity. It's always possible to get the information from the HDD. Whether that information is encrypted and can only be decoded with a key which is hidden deep in the heart of your Xbox 360 is another case.

bucko

• Recovered User
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2007, 04:00:00 AM »

I wonder how fast it is depending on how much content you have? I also wonder if there are any security holes in this transfer software?

DrPepperFan15

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2007, 06:56:00 AM »

Security flaws? Maybe and most likely yes since the picture showed a little box-like thing which is what I'm guessing regulated the transfer and gave proof that the data is from a 360 HDD and so on....

But I would like to know how much this thing is... I'm not in for the Elite 360 since the equipment to even use the HDMI is expensive enough I still need to buy a damn $800 hdtv so anyways back on the subject at hand. Theres really no reason why microsoft should charge more for this little sata cable when it shouldve been included with the already overlycharge HDD.

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2007, 08:28:00 AM »

it's early, so although the one-time use idea right now is true, hopefully, people will figure out ways to make this cable more useful.  i have a feeling that some may not read about how this transfer thing works and will be upset - supposedly it is a one-way, one-time transfer of data that then erases everything on the donor drive...of course, most would rather have a 120GB driver setup over their current 20GB - looks like Core unit owners should be able to buy a cheap 20GB on ebay soon very soon.

89c4l98

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2007, 08:21:00 AM »

QUOTE(quenlin @ Apr 19 2007, 11:24 PM) View Post

Just a random observation
 Why would someone own both an X360 and a 20.00 TV?

I dont have this problem smile.gif

IPB Image

tabicat

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2007, 12:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(Psygnosis @ Apr 19 2007, 09:18 PM) *

Content is tied to the system anyway and not the storage device, a transfer cable wouldn't do any good on getting XBLA stuff working right on an elite.

Actually, you can't be sure about that.  One of the things I've been hoping to find out is if the transfer cable will also (somehow) re-authorizes your XBLA stuff on the new console.  

DoOZer79

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2007, 12:56:00 PM »

It looks like the video adapter positioned behind a hard drive. Is that even a real shot?

gaming fanboy

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2007, 01:16:00 PM »

yeah must b usb, i dont think you can have 2 sata devices on 1 sataport smile.gif

makavelif50

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2007, 03:04:00 PM »

when is this going to be in stores? for North America? has there been a date set?

Mr Invader

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2007, 04:08:00 PM »

I don't care if this is seperate or how much it costs(relatively). Anyone who is going to buy a 360 elite that has a 360 already needs this. I wouldn't want to pay for the microtransactions all over again.

note: i do hope though, that its included with the 360 elite, or an affordable price like $30

eatshitanddie

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2007, 03:41:00 PM »

QUOTE(Mr Invader @ Apr 20 2007, 05:39 PM) View Post

I don't care if this is seperate or how much it costs(relatively). Anyone who is going to buy a 360 elite that has a 360 already needs this. I wouldn't want to pay for the microtransactions all over again.

note: i do hope though, that its included with the 360 elite, or an affordable price like $30

You don't have to pay for them again, just goto the download, and re-download it, they will NOT make you repay, or goto recent downloads in account management from the marketplace blade. easy.

soul-assassin

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2007, 04:30:00 PM »

Is it just me, or does that cable look like the one used to pull digital audio from the Elite seperately from the HDMI?  It looks just like it, only turned on it's side.  Perhaps that cable does double duty.  Here's a pic of all the crap you get that's posted on xbox.com.  I circled the cable in question.

(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v223/bsaiscool/ilmxbox360elitesystem002.jpg)

And  89c4l98, mine's bigger than yours! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v223/bsaiscool/100_4490.jpg)

Mr Invader

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2007, 04:03:00 PM »

QUOTE(soul-assassin @ Apr 20 2007, 05:01 PM) View Post

Is it just me, or does that cable look like the one used to pull digital audio from the Elite seperately from the HDMI?  It looks just like it, only turned on it's side.  Perhaps that cable does double duty.  Here's a pic of all the crap you get that's posted on xbox.com.  I circled the cable in question

yes, you would be right, that cable is for those simple-folk who don't have beautiful 5.1 digital surround sound but have a dvi or vga input on their display.

QUOTE(eatshitanddie @ Apr 20 2007, 04:48 PM) View Post

You don't have to pay for them again, just goto the download, and re-download it, they will NOT make you repay, or goto recent downloads in account management from the marketplace blade. easy.

do you know this for a fact?, i've heard differently from other people.

soul-assassin

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2007, 04:55:00 PM »

QUOTE(Mr Invader @ Apr 20 2007, 03:10 PM) *

yes, you would be right, that cable is for those simple-folk who don't have beautiful 5.1 digital surround sound but have a dvi or vga input on their display.

I think you're misunderstanding what I was trying to say.  The point I'm trying to make is that it looks like the cable IS included with the Elite, contrary to the original post in this thread.  And that this particular cable, from what I see looks like it pulls double duty not only for audio, but as the transfer cable from old 20gig to new 120gig HDs.  I guess we'll all find out next week.

This post has been edited by soul-assassin: Apr 20 2007, 11:58 PM

Casper1786

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2007, 04:52:00 PM »

QUOTE(Mr Invader @ Apr 20 2007, 04:10 PM) View Post

do you know this for a fact?, i've heard differently from other people.

All Payed Downloads are signed twice, once for the XBL account Used allowing that profile to use those payed downloads on any system as long as the account is connected to XBL and a second signature is made signing it for the machine you used to download it, that way all profiles on that 360 can enjoy it, for example XBLA titles an such, so if you were to buy another 360 like the elite you can use all your payed downloads on the elite ONLY through your XBL account you used to buy the content, this cable won't "resign" the content during the transfer to the new console, this would just completly break the point of signing the files as you could then easily work around it, then comes "piracy" of XBL content, MS has thought this through

QUOTE(soul-assassin @ Apr 20 2007, 04:26 PM) View Post

I think you're misunderstanding what I was trying to say.  The point I'm trying to make is that it looks like the cable IS included with the Elite, contrary to the original post in this thread.  And that this particular cable, from what I see looks like it pulls double duty not only for audio, but as the transfer cable from old 20gig to new 120gig HDs.  I guess we'll all find out next week.

I dunno but if u compare the pics of the 2 cables you speak of, the HDD transfer cable looks to be longer and are you suggesting that the 360 accepts Data into the system through it's analog video output? gonna go with no
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4