xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Toshiba-Samsung ODD Might Damage Discs After All - Video and MS Respon  (Read 505 times)

ThUgLoVe

• Archived User
Toshiba-Samsung ODD Might Damage Discs After All - Video and MS Respon
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2007, 02:09:00 PM »

think goodness ive never had this problem with my 360 upright.but i did have my 1st 360 have video problems  within the 1st yr,and both have had that dam sticking drive tray.

just set your 360 up and leave it be.

spinr34

• Archived User
« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2007, 02:56:00 PM »

i'm sick of seeing people write things like, "that kid shouldn't be playing gears or an M rated game". seriously, who in the hell really cares who plays what? do you walk up to parents at a movie theater and tell them that they shouldn't be allowing their underage child sitting next to them to watch this R rated movie? no, you don't and you wouldn't.  sure, kids are annoying and tend to yell and sing more than older people but, anyone can be annoying via xbox live. i mean, you guys can't tell me you didn't play mortal kombat on the genesis (with the blood code) or night trap or any other game that caused parents to get all heated. it's just games people, get over it. let parents advise their children. when you're a parent, you can advise your own.

feflicker

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2007, 03:26:00 PM »

1/2 the people posting here get it, and understand the demonstration. The other 1/2 seemed to watch an entirely different clip and got "distracted" when they did the test which involved moving the console.

There are (3) things going on here people!

1) The system scratched discs without them ever moving the console. The mother/son repeatedly said that they have never moved the system. Their disc got scratched with the console simply sitting in a horizontal position. This is FACT. Even if you have not seen this personally, I, and many others, have seen drives do this. In my case I have witnessed a large quantity of Xbox 1 drives do this exact same thing! Trust me, no one was moving the Xbox 1 to vertical either!

2) The investigators run a test to see which direction makes more noise with an unbalanced disc (remember the tape). Vertical was worse than horizontal. This was just to get an idea of which orientation is more stable. (Suprise, everyone knows vertical is going to be less stable...)

3) With the test disc that was unbalanced they try and located (using the black marker residue) where exactly it was hitting, and low and behold it was the laser. This proves that the laser itself is the only thing in the drive that can be scratching the discs, it is the only thing the disc touched, other than the plastic from the tray itself.

LESSONS: Never move console with game in (we know this already), it is better to have your system horizontal than vertical (we already knew this too), and some drives do scratch discs, whether you move the system or not.

The Zep Man

• Archived User
« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2007, 10:12:00 PM »

QUOTE(ShadowmanX @ Apr 17 2007, 11:34 PM) View Post

But times are different from when we were younger to the generation and society today. Since people like Jack Thompson exist and the media's eye constantly looks over games such as Manhunt and Grand Theft Auto, people must start taking notice of these age ratings since they are there for a reason.
Yeah, for example: GTA:SA was Adults Only rated for a while because a non-used texture was available in the game which showed a nipple (8x8 pixels or something). That REALLY shouldn't be ignored. The game was rated Mature previously. Well, imagine that a 17 year old (which is the minimum requirement for Mature rated content) sees the nipple if he mods his game! What if he goes on a rape rampage after playing it? I mean, it would be the game's fault, wouldn't it? Off course, the same guy who is 18 or 21 years old (requirement for Adult Only rated content) could handle the nipple much, much better and will not give in to this insanity and if they do, it is their own fault, right?

America... America... this is you. dry.gif

Djpj

• Archived User
« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2007, 11:47:00 PM »

Stop blaming around the kid playing GoW.

They moved the console with a disc in it just by what part of the drive the disc COULD be damaged.

And BTW there are 2 other episodes of 'Kassa', the dutch consumer programme. I've seen all of them, and in the other one they've got 1000s of people in the Netherlands who got this problem.
In that episode they test it without moving the 360. They set up 8 360s and gamed for 5 hours straight. On 2 or 3 discs were scratches found.

And I heard M$ in the Netherlands replace discs free of charge biggrin.gif Good news for me smile.gif

TreyTable

• Archived User
« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2007, 07:46:00 AM »

QUOTE(spinr34 @ Apr 17 2007, 04:03 PM) View Post

i mean, you guys can't tell me you didn't play mortal kombat on the genesis (with the blood code) or night trap or any other game that caused parents to get all heated. it's just games people, get over it. let parents advise their children. when you're a parent, you can advise your own.

I played Mortal Kombat on the SNES. I beat the sweat out of those guys. Then I took it back to Blockbuster.

QUOTE(erexx @ Apr 17 2007, 01:39 PM) View Post

I love it.

We cannot confirm nor deny it
But if it does we will replace it.

Perfect PR.
No one speaks better out of both sides of their mouths than M$

If they deny it, and it happens again, they will lose face. If they confirm it, then people will decide to buy PlayStation 3s instead of XBOX 360s.

THEsirloin

• Archived User
« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2007, 08:53:00 AM »

Well i was just thinking "Maybe M$ left the pads out on purpose?"

Look at it this way, game is in perfect condition for all it's working life it can always be used (no need for a new copy) and can be resold through second hand retailers (M$ get NO cut and loose customers who would have bought it new)

Or

The games get lightly marked therefore second hand retailers won't touch and worst case senario we get to sell another copy to the customer using our crap disk replacement policy...

Well sums it up for me... all hardware is now built to fail!! not to last or it won't get replaced...

johnnyrico

• Archived User
« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2007, 02:08:00 PM »

QUOTE(feflicker @ Apr 17 2007, 11:33 PM) View Post

1/2 the people posting here get it, and understand the demonstration. The other 1/2 seemed to watch an entirely different clip and got "distracted" when they did the test which involved moving the console.

There are (3) things going on here people!

1) The system scratched discs without them ever moving the console. The mother/son repeatedly said that they have never moved the system. Their disc got scratched with the console simply sitting in a horizontal position. This is FACT. Even if you have not seen this personally, I, and many others, have seen drives do this. In my case I have witnessed a large quantity of Xbox 1 drives do this exact same thing! Trust me, no one was moving the Xbox 1 to vertical either!

I reckon the mother isn't in the kid's room while he's playing, it only takes a bit of frustration and a kick against something to cause movement.
and than I didn't even start ranting about what a spoilt brat he actually is, his parents GAVE him a 360 cause he couldn't keep patient enough for the PS3

QUOTE(feflicker @ Apr 17 2007, 11:33 PM) View Post

2) The investigators run a test to see which direction makes more noise with an unbalanced disc (remember the tape). Vertical was worse than horizontal. This was just to get an idea of which orientation is more stable. (Suprise, everyone knows vertical is going to be less stable...)

3) With the test disc that was unbalanced they try and located (using the black marker residue) where exactly it was hitting, and low and behold it was the laser. This proves that the laser itself is the only thing in the drive that can be scratching the discs, it is the only thing the disc touched, other than the plastic from the tray itself.

LESSONS: Never move console with game in (we know this already), it is better to have your system horizontal than vertical (we already knew this too), and some drives do scratch discs, whether you move the system or not.

all the things the investigators did was already known to the scene, they basically did no advance research and just went about bashing a product, blaming MS instead of the discdrive manufacturer, and made their program look like it's made by jackasses.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]