xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Toshiba-Samsung ODD Might Damage Discs After All - Video and MS Respon  (Read 506 times)

jelle25

• Archived User
Toshiba-Samsung ODD Might Damage Discs After All - Video and MS Respon
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2007, 04:35:00 AM »

QUOTE(Foe-hammer @ Apr 17 2007, 11:14 AM) View Post

Yet that is exactly what the ding dong did, move the 360 from horizontal to vertical while the game was spinning.  The out come was a given at that point.  So his evidence was worthless.

you aren't very bright are you... that test was only to see which position was more stable with the unstable CD in it

M$ just sucks. the x360 is a great gaming console, but every thing else... M$ doesn't give a damn about customers as long they get $ and don't have to fear bad reputation due to such news.

exactly.. .they don't give a damn.. even after this, a solid proof, they could care less..
MS is just friggin annoying, playing monopoly position

their helpdesk totally sucks

they don't wanna admit they're wrong..

since obviously there are more then 1000 of 360 owners in holland only with discscratching problems

first they say : "discs can't be scratched, if console is stable"

after complaints of Kassa they say : "because of thorough play, discs can be scratched"

grim_d

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2007, 04:40:00 AM »

i suppose i should add that i OWN 24 360 titles and have had/traded in at least another 25/30, none of which were ever scratched.

batmike1990

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2007, 05:21:00 AM »

QUOTE(grim_d @ Apr 17 2007, 01:28 AM) View Post

maybe he shouldnt be playing M rated games then.

shame on his parents!

my thoughts exactly!!!!!!!!!

i remember back in the days of ps1, i was never allowed a 18+, and if lucky enough only play it around me parents

age ratings are there for a damn good reason!

armijn

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2007, 05:44:00 AM »

QUOTE(batmike1990 @ Apr 17 2007, 11:28 AM) View Post

i remember back in the days of ps1, i was never allowed a 18+, and if lucky enough only play it around me parents

in the netherlands they have other rules for that, when you buy a game they dont even look if you are 18+ or not

Diekund

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2007, 06:32:00 AM »

my hitachi used to leave smudges on the disks. Maybe it has the rubber bits on it which are causing these smudges? they rub off but are a pain in the back side

cyclone_storm

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2007, 06:53:00 AM »

It depense on wich store you are buying it. Because al lot of stores Here in The Netherlands to are not asking for your age eighter.

liberate

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2007, 06:54:00 AM »

Not to be mean or anything, but why is this news? Everyone has been knowing the 360 scratches up discs, even on launch date. Why make a vid on it? lol, why post it up as news? and yes, I, too, thought this was kinda dumb.(My gears had the same circle, due to the fact it tip over, and im 19..This was a little kid, who knows wtf he did with his. Just know, little kids lie. FACT)

cyclone_storm

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2007, 07:26:00 AM »

Why don't people firts read the damm post before posting a post. Watch the movie and then post some. This is about microsoft finaly came with the proof. And not about litle kids lying, it whas about more than 1000 people that had a complaint.

FIRST READ THAN POST. mad.gif  mad.gif  mad.gif

The Zep Man

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2007, 07:28:00 AM »

QUOTE(batmike1990 @ Apr 17 2007, 01:28 PM) View Post

Why? Most people in the Netherlands can see breasts with nipples on public television without going mad. They also have far less shootouts on schools, despite not giving a crap about the age of the consumer who buys violent video games.

Someone I know was in the 'States recently and watched in surprise as a parent was moving her hands over the eyes of her children on the beach, just because an older woman was changing clothes 100 meters away. She was topless for only a few seconds and even turned her back to them when she changed. Still, the mother looked in utter disgust while she pushed her children the other way, forcing them not to watch.

Ratings are fun, especially if you believe in them. Most people in the USA do. I believe in common sense. Nipples do not harm people, guns do not harm people and violent video games do not harm people. People harm people.

cypher21

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2007, 08:51:00 AM »

QUOTE(SpikeMage @ Apr 17 2007, 04:07 AM) View Post

That's what I was thinking. That kid was like 10.

yeah, you;'ve got a point as mentioned before.

But it could have been the Viva Pinata disc so stop wining about it and stay on topic.

I have a samsung drive and no probs so far. In Holland a game costs €69,95 so that's a real pity if the drive screws up your game and you don't get a new one

gli7ch

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2007, 08:52:00 AM »

Haven't heard much on this, other than this article. Never had any scratches on my disc ( unintentionally done by the 360 ) and I have used about 4+ different drives(MS28,MS25,46D,47D).

burnt01

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2007, 12:08:00 PM »

Yeah my hitachi scratched my pgr3 but i not gunna bull$h!t by saying that it was the consoles fault!!  The xbox was on dashboard with the game in and without thinkin i layed it down.  i even herd it scratchin!!!  

When something is spinning it turns into a gyro and wants to stay spinning in the same possition, when you move the xbox the disk stays vert as long as it can before it hits something (the laser) causing the scraches

If you noticed it was quite a heavy ring at the same width as the lens so this happen all at the same time (when tilted)  if it was caused by vibrating it would be done over time across a wider area!!

erexx

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2007, 12:32:00 PM »

I love it.

We cannot confirm nor deny it
But if it does we will replace it.

Perfect PR.
No one speaks better out of both sides of their mouths than M$

johnnyrico

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2007, 12:34:00 PM »

jackasses, I speak dutch, and I can honestly tell the ppl in that video are jackasses, if they'd kept track of the Xbox hardware news, they'd know moving the box during operation, or putting it vertical will damage the discs.

I'm gonna send a peppered mail to those dumbasses.

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2007, 12:36:00 PM »

QUOTE(quall @ Apr 17 2007, 04:41 AM) View Post

This is a perfect example of someone who posts without reading any part of the thread other than the title, and probably didn't even watch the video.

Rub your two brain cells together next time before coming to a conclusion.

QUOTE(jelle25 @ Apr 17 2007, 04:42 AM) View Post

you aren't very bright are you... that test was only to see which position was more stable with the unstable CD in it.

Thanks for pointing out the obvious of what he said.  The point is he moved the 360 from horizontal to vert when a game was spinning, and then opening up the console to show the proof that the lens scratched the disc.  Well no crap it is going to be scratched if he rotates the console with the disc spinning; we already knew about this outcome over a year ago.  And placing pads around the lens prevents the lens for scratching th disc was also proved a long time ago.  His evidence does not prove that discs can be scratched by the lens with the system has not been moved from horz to vert, plain and simple.  I'm not saying discs cannot be stratched in this way, just that his evidence does not prove to the contrary.  Try using common sense next time; i realize it's rarely used with the youth.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4