xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Zoozen Protector: Prevent your Discs from Scratching  (Read 364 times)

jimjom

• Archived User
Zoozen Protector: Prevent your Discs from Scratching
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2006, 10:12:00 AM »

QUOTE(feflicker @ Dec 21 2006, 06:14 PM) View Post

I guess that's relative. $1.40 per disc is what I am paying right now. And $1.40 to keep an original in a safe place and play using a backup copy makes a lot of economic sense to me... The best part, just like dvd-r's, these things will just keep getting cheaper and cheaper.

I remember paying $100 for 20 dvd-r's back in the day, so this is nothing!

i totally agree. it's such a a great piece of mind to know that your originals are totally safe and unadulterated.

The Zep Man

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2006, 11:51:00 AM »

That's right. Eject buttons have a reason. You know for what? For ejecting something, not inserting. Just push the lid gently and the drive will do the rest.

Also, I remember the days of the cute CD-ROM's and CD-R's which were each equipped with a caddy. No bullshit about "pushing the eject button to insert it". sleep.gif

cwindsor2003

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2006, 01:56:00 PM »

biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif IPB Image  tongue.gif  tongue.gif

jester.gif  jester.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  rolleyes.gif

feflicker

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2006, 02:53:00 PM »

That's right. Eject buttons have a reason. You know for what? For ejecting something, not inserting. Just push the lid gently and the drive will do the rest.

Well, that's not all that accurate. It is called an "Eject" button, because it is easier to say than "Eject/Insert" button. "Insert" button isn't as easy to say as well. And if you remember, back in the day when the term "Eject" button was coined, all that was around was floppy disks, and they could only be ejected, to insert them all you would do is push the disk in the slot (not press a button).

I don't see how anyone can argue that it is better to push the tray in and force the drives recovery mode to take over the process of closing the tray, than to just click the button and let it handle it on its own... I mean, sure, lots of consumer products block access to that eject button on optical drives thesedays, but that doesn't mean its the optimum way of doing it. I personally won't buy a computer case that has those stupid covers that obstruct access to the optical drives for just that reason...

yourM0M

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2006, 02:03:00 PM »

why doesnt everyone just keep their reciept and go back to the store they bought from and get a brand new disc anytime you see a meesly scratch......all stores have the same policy a disc scracthed accidentley or intentionnaly will be replaced free of charge....remember it only costs the manufacturer penny's to press these things....and for all you that are backing them up....well quit complaining anyways most of you never paid for the original in the first place.....i dont see the need to void a warranty when the item being damaged is free for replacement....and if you dont believe me go try it....anywhere i bet the only place that will try to avoid replacing it will be the gamestops and eb's (which i dont shop at personally)

Hannard

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2007, 04:40:00 AM »

Did anyone actually give these a try? They seem to have dropped off the radar.

batmike1990

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2007, 01:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(cwindsor2003 @ Dec 21 2006, 10:03 PM) View Post

biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif IPB Image  tongue.gif  tongue.gif
 jester.gif  jester.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  rolleyes.gif

who the fuck decided to draw that LMFAO  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif
Pages: 1 2 [3]