xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: XFPS 360 Final testing complete and User manual available!  (Read 1527 times)

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
XFPS 360 Final testing complete and User manual available!
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2006, 08:49:00 PM »

it's official now.. no headset support.

Fucking shame that all this time and money and effort was put into a prodcut that is effectively useless on LIVE in first person shooters.

Not to mention.. good luck with mouse tracking speed in games that don't have any speed adjustments naturally. turning or aiming WILL be slow as mud in some games.

Haven't heard from Xtender in a week or so.. I suspect that a review sample might not be forthcoming given the fact they know they are missing a key option. It won't stop me from getting a review up though.

Good product or bad.. people need to know when something is fundamentally wrong or missing.

so.. we can expect to play games on live.. turn slow or aim slow at times (no speed adjust sometimes) and then have no ability to talk trash or communicate with team mates?

(unless of course.. someone would like to suggest that the MS first party wireless headset is a worthy option.. when we know that pos is more or less in the same boat as the XFPS.. a good idea.. not well thought out.. and not well carried out.)

pablot

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2006, 10:32:00 PM »

I really do hope that they release information on how this is done.. Is it an official licensed from ms product or did they break the peripheral security?

They have gained soooo much from the community, I hope that they finally give something back.

/pablot

raidenjet

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2006, 10:45:00 PM »

Couldn't you just hook up a usb xbox 360 controller and use the headset through it?

http://www.divineo.c...36/big_img2.jpg

The Zep Man

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2006, 10:55:00 PM »

QUOTE(HSDEMONZ @ Dec 20 2006, 04:56 AM) View Post

Not to mention.. good luck with mouse tracking speed in games that don't have any speed adjustments naturally. turning or aiming WILL be slow as mud in some games.
I thought a solution might be to use a Logitech G5 mouse, which can alter its sensitivity between 3 presets using two buttons, even when no mouse-specific driver is installed. But then I remembered that the G5 only works on USB, not PS/2. dry.gif

Shorty said: this... 'thing' is useless, especially for 80 bucks. They could have put an Xbox controller-port instead of a Playstation 2 port. It wouldn't have made the product perfect, but at least a little bit better compared to what it is now.

xxYoDaddyXX

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2006, 11:34:00 PM »

I personally don't see the point -- If I wanted to use a keyboard and mouse on my FPS then I would play FPS's on my PC.  And if they would have put an xbox1 controller instead of a PS2 one then you could use an xbox1 mic/communiator (I assume).  But who wants to use the PS2 controller for a FPS?  I can't imagine playing GOW with bumpers instead of triggers.

SD5150

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2006, 11:35:00 PM »

"Conteroller"   blink.gif

I hope they proof read the manual before they print it....
 laugh.gif

Mad-Man-666

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2006, 11:36:00 PM »

QUOTE(raidenjet @ Dec 20 2006, 06:52 AM) View Post

Couldn't you just hook up a usb xbox 360 controller and use the headset through it?

http://www.divineo.c...36/big_img2.jpg

ya but you lose your keyboard or mouse...... only 2 usb ports

gaming fanboy

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2006, 11:46:00 PM »

looks great, i like! as for the headset support, i have wireless headset, so i wouldn't need it, but it would be neat. Probably a BIG work to integrate that! blink.gif

XxDeadlyxX

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2006, 02:45:00 AM »

QUOTE(Mad-Man-666 @ Dec 20 2006, 07:43 AM) View Post

ya but you lose your keyboard or mouse...... only 2 usb ports

What about having the 360 controller in one USB port, and either the mouse/keyboard that isnt connected via USB, to use a USB-->PS2 port adapter and use that? Will that work?

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2006, 02:53:00 AM »

QUOTE(No_Remorse_666 @ Dec 19 2006, 08:52 PM) View Post

No headset support? what good is that with no headset support?

Exactly.

And the biggest WTF: No xbox 1 controller support, but ps2 controller support. blink.gif

OEM

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2006, 03:14:00 AM »

QUOTE(ProdigyXP @ Dec 20 2006, 04:37 AM) View Post

I was excited about this until I read that the left analogue stick is "hard wired" to the WASD keys. I know this is known as the common FPS layout, but I have never been able to get used to it and I have my own set of keys that I use in all my FPS games. I'm sure there was a reason to not allow the user to program those actions, but this is a real letdown. sad.gif

Try this keyboard; http://www.ideazon.c...ingkeyboard.asp

XxDeadlyxX

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2006, 03:16:00 AM »

QUOTE(scienide @ Dec 20 2006, 11:04 AM) View Post

Looking at this i cannot map the left analogue stick to any other keys than the W A S D keys?

I normally use the arrow keys on the keyboard to control that... making this not adjustable is very sad....

sad.gif

Yeah sucks here too  sad.gif  I'm left handed with mouse, and use arrow keys on PC. However, using WASD is still okay as long as I move the keyboard over a bit so it feels similar distance to using arrow keys.

SJF could change them, it sucks that XFPS360 cant  sad.gif . Oh wellz, I'll still buy this thing despite the price and issues, because then at least I can play games like PDZ on hardest difficulty which requires good aim. With the 360 controller I got to about Mission 4, and just gave up because I spent waaaaay too long getting through even a single level on Perfect Agent. Lack of any checkpoints at all gets very annoying when I almost get to the end of the level and then stuff up aim and die... therefore forced to restart from beginning. Yet I can do it first go on the medium difficulty. Seems like there is a pretty big gap in difficulty IMHO.

OEM thanks for link, I'll check it out.

OffRoader23

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2006, 03:33:00 AM »

Damn I figured when this thing came out it would be 30-40 bucks 50 MAX and I was gonna get it for that but 80?? Forget that.  Maybe if it comes down, or if I know that it officialy works decently and DOESN'T suck.

Ave

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2006, 04:42:00 AM »

Unless this thing will do my dishes and my laundry for me too, there is no way I will spend this much.  The price point is a bit unreasonable if you ask me....

Jelly4000

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2006, 04:56:00 AM »

OK, i am looking forward to this thing, but the price is too high for me. I'll wait for it to come down.

However. There seem to be 2 issues on here, and i thought i'd put my take on them.

"Does this thing break the 360 security then?"

I would say no. Look at the manual. You have to connect a wired controller to it to get it to talk to the xbox 360. This means that the security chip is only needed for the initial handshake procedure, and the xfps thing just passes the message through from the controller's security chip. Somehow, they seem to have been able to then store this code, or stop a "disconnect" message from getting through for when you remove the wired controller (to use a usb mouse and a usb keyboard).

"No headset support"

It seems to me that there is headset support, but not on the actual unit. On the wired controller that you plug into the unit for the security thing. The only issue would be if you used a usb mouse, usb keyboard and still wanted to use a headset, as there would not be enough usb ports.

Both of these answers are kinda educated guesses, but they make sense to me. I would love to be proved wrong by the makers of the xfps, but they don't seem to post much here. Or for someone on the boards to tell me that i cannot be right (giving some good reasons).

Anyway, yeah, just my 2p. Take it or leave it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5